{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

EPL year. We should not complain any more
tuan_jinn 5 years ago Edited
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

Liverpool, Spur, Arsenal, Chelsea.

An incredible year. Congratz to all.

We are in a probably one of the hardest seasons in EPL, tight and crazy, yet, 4 teams are in the finals.

Seriously, EPL fans, Let's stop all the excuses we had before, like...EPL is hard thats why we choked in UCL, Europa League blah blahhhh. We werent good enough!!! Period.

This year, right coaches, right investments, right attitutes, humble spirits, and some luck, EPL is back to its best!!!

Congratz to all teams.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

We are in a probably one of the hardest seasons in EPL, tight and crazy, yet, 4 teams are in the finals.

Seriously, EPL fans, Let's stop all the excuses we had before, EPL is hard thats why we choked in UCL, Europa League blah blahhhh. We werent good enough!!! Period.

This year, right coaches, right investment, humble spirits, and some luck, EPL is back to its best!!!

Congratz to all teams.

Seriously, EPL fans, Let's stop all the excuses we had before, like...EPL is hard thats why we choked in UCL, Europa League blah blahhhh. We werent good enough!!! Period.

This year, right coaches, right investment, humble spirits, and some luck, EPL is back to its best!!!

Congratz to all teams.

Comments
Dynastian98 5 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

My odds are on Chelsea and Liverpool.

tuan_jinn 5 years ago

Mine are Liverpool and Arsenal.

Chelsea's strikers are pretty terrible....

Marcus2011 5 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

Ah man you could just told me straight up, why do you have to start thread.

I am actually thinking that Arsenal will beat us. More desire to get spot in CL, first European trophy ever, better striking duo and we have Sarri.. practically a man who substitutes "man of the match" when we need him there the most...

iHEARTfootball 5 years ago
Manchester United 38 1000

Arsenal and Liverpool

tiki_taka 5 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Words of wisdom.

_Pelle_ 5 years ago
Paris Saint-Germain 156 6885

Yes very good season for epl in europe, but it feels somewhat weird that the main success does not come from the Manchester teams.

JozeV2 5 years ago
Chelsea, Greece 6 214

So what did Chelsea do exactly right besides somehow keeping Kante and Hazard this year?
Sarriball fits Chelsea eh? Giroud is a striker to be feared I guess? What did we do besides beating teams without even half of our budget?

Spurs weren't tired at all in the 1st leg vs Ajax? That did not affect their performance eh?

Arsenal with Mustafi defending did such a great job?

Just admit it La Liga will never be half of what PL it will always be 2 contenders with the rest fighting for the bones. There's a reason PL has a lion as a symbol and La Liga has nothing. Real Madrid without Ronaldo lost to a SOUTHAMPTON REJECT aka Tadic and Barcelona to Liverpool's reserves. Just admit it, with half the favoritism they get in UCL and the same ammount of rest/competitive games in the league and 1 less cup, PL would dominate everything in Europe and I am not even talking if we had the worlds 2 best players in the league. They lost to Roma's CB Manolas and now from Newcastle players if we are brutally honest. Just look at Pique's defense and tell me who is worse Mustafi or him? Ronaldo is gone and Messi is getting older and time is running against them. Unless they somehow get a Messi/Xavi/Iniesta academy prospect they are done. Only thing I can accept is PL lured the and bought players before Barcelona and Real Madrid and now it pays off. Look at Real Madrid buying Hazard and other club's star due to prestige level and now becoming a force again.

Valencia 5th of Spain got 7 goals from an Arsenal that loses by 3 from Leicester and Wolves. Isn't that laughable? Chelsea's run to Europa was VIDI -> MALMO -> DYNAMO KIEV -> EINTRACH FRANKFURT. We were just lucky we played with those clubs. Barcelona would not even be in the semi's if they faced Pep's city they were just lucky Spurs knocked them out and faced a United full of problems and overpaid divas. PL is by far miles above La Liga in terms of conquering it. The 1st and 2nd place can be 30 points clear but the 3rd/4th/5th/6th will still fight for a UCL spot or a Europa league spot or just for the sake of the club. What do the other La Liga teams do besides collapsing mid-season and bottling it? They do year after year and yet we still call Spurs bottlers or Arsenal. Do you know why? Because those clubs are nothing but a store for the big 2 of Spain.

What a laughable thread honestly.

Ledley 5 years ago
Celtic, Australia 46 1310

Spurs and Arsenal.

😎

srk_rox 5 years ago
Liverpool 5 542

What just happened is the first time in history..
Man City and Liverpool aren't losing or drawing their games.. whatever challenge you pose, they somehow have answers.

EPL, by its nature is designed to be competitive. Whereas, other leagues in the world are not. TV money is equally shared among all the teams in EPL. And it is a big onus for any team in EPL to push themselves harder.

Yes, when someone says tired legs got them out of Europe. It could be true.

What was the true motive behind this thread? I don't understand the purpose of this thread and what it conveys.

tuan_jinn 5 years ago

@Markus: no, I aimed at a lot more people than just you. Yes, I thought of you, but you are on the other hand provide your reasons, which I disagree but respect.

@Joze:

Just admit it La Liga will never be half of what PL
Real Madrid without Ronaldo lost to a SOUTHAMPTON REJECT aka Tadic and Barcelona to Liverpool's reserves. Just admit it, with half the favoritism they get in UCL and the same ammount of rest/competitive games in the league and 1 less cup, PL would dominate everything in Europe

Delusional if I put it harsh!!. I'm a EPL fan myself. and I would NEVER EVER undermine teams in a league that repeatedly taught us lessons, season in season out.

tuan_jinn 5 years ago Edited

@srk_rox:
The true motive? To cheer on fellow EPL fans, and to voice my opinion once to all the annoyance, repetitive EPL vs La Liga vs. other debates in which MOST of the time concluded by them: EPL is the best...

This happens across the whole site, highlight, forum, (and certain group of members). I as EPL fan, feel like we should take it and stop come up with worthless discussion, comparing pear and apple... Learn to appreciate other league with superior teams at their prime.

Now it's our time, EPL :D. I'm sad that Manchester United is not part of it, we used to.

Now, why does that even matter??? because of all the tiring, personal attacks kind of discussion all the time.

• History

@srk_rox:
The true motive? To cheer on fellow EPL fans, and to voice my opinion once to all the annoyance, repetitive EPL vs La Liga vs. other debates in which MOST of the time concludes: EPL is the best...

This happens across the whole site, highlight, forum, (and certain group of members). I as EPL fan, feel like we should take it and stop come up with worthless discussion, comparing pear and apple... Learn to appreciate other league with superior teams at their prime.

Now it's our time.

Stop all the excuses.

@srk_rox:
The true motive? To cheer on fellow EPL fans, and to voice my opinion once to all the annoyance, repetitive EPL vs La Liga vs. other debates in which MOST of the time concludes: EPL is the best...

Now it's our time, EPL :D. I'm sad that Manchester United is not part of it, we used to.

Now, why does that even matter, because of tiring, personal attacks kind of discussion all the time.

@srk_rox:

Now, why does that even matter??? because of all the tiring, personal attacks kind of discussion all the time.

JozeV2 5 years ago
Chelsea, Greece 6 214

0 arguments just called me delusional.
Typical you.

I did not undermine I just called things from my point of view.

raimondo90 5 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

@Joze your points don't even make sense. You sum up Ajax as just Tadic who happened to play in Southampton. What exactly is there to debate? Barca losing to Liverpool reserves? Are you ok? Sure Liverpool had some big players missing but that was not a reserve squad. You are just hyperbolic trying to dismiss La Liga.

Leagues are just different with different appeals. Some more technical some more physical. EPL has the biggest marketing and lots of money. Just try to enjoy all football regardless of where it's from.

I don't understand the need to constantly compare the leagues.

quikzyyy 5 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

it's absolutely crazy that Liverpool is still in the best title races ever with highest points totally, and without 2 of their main strikers they pulled one of the biggest comebacks in UCL history..

JozeV2 5 years ago
Chelsea, Greece 6 214

@raimondo So Tadic wasn't playing like a demigod vs Real on the 2nd leg?
Losing to Origi and some Newcastle transfers did not happened ?

Thats like 1 out of 20 things I pointed out.

Of course we will have the biggest market we have bigger clubs and better. We just drain them with extra matches and tougher fixtures.

There is no need to compare the leagues but to say PL did better moves this year? That is such an absolute lie. Just admit it and don't bother to support your friend with 0 argument, my Valencia comments rubbed salt in the wound.

iHEARTfootball 5 years ago
Manchester United 38 1000

Think we should all agree to disagree (although I totally agree with Joze, that PL is the biggest league in the world and has always been).

raimondo90 5 years ago Edited
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

@Joze, nope. I make no false claims of what level Valencia is currently at. Glad we made it to a semifinal. If you even bothered watching any football outside of EPL you'd known that. We are known as the drawables in Spain lol.

You are seriously downplaying how good Liverpool is if it's just Origi and "some new castle transfer". Why is it so important which team wijnaldum played before? Does it change how good he can be? That point so goes to Tadic again. Your vision on football is extremely narrow.

There was really nothing else to talk about in your points. Comparing Pique to Mustafi because of one bad game against a very strong Liverpool is just silly and more of meme content than an actual point.
I do agree with you on the whole Chelsea area. I think they've been regressing and I see a real difficult time ahead due to ban and hazard leaving. Sarri has been average.

• History

@Joze, nope. I make no false claims of what level Valencia is currently at. Glad we made it to a semifinal. If you even bothered watching any football outside of EPL you'd known that. We are known as the drawables in Spain lol.

There was really nothing else to talk about in your points. Comparing Pique to Mustafi because of one bad game against a very strong Liverpool is just silly and more of meme content than an actual point.
I do agree with you on the whole Chelsea area. I think they've been regressing and I see a real difficult time ahead due to ban and hazard leaving. Sarri has been average.

_Pelle_ 5 years ago Edited
Paris Saint-Germain 156 6885

If Chelsea wins europa league... what will happen to that UCL spot that the winner is awarded with? Since chelsea is already qualified for it with its 3rd spot in EPL...

Anyone knows? Im not updated.

• History

If Chelsea wins europa league... what will happen to that UCL spot that the winners is awarded with? Since chelsea is already qualified for it with its 3rd spot in EPL...

Anyone knows? Im not updated.

Marcus2011 5 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

Arsenal simply won’t get it if Chelsea wins it. I think it is fair because then teams that play the final will have less incentives to win it .