Arsenal 429 9002

EPL fans right nowenter image description here

Comments
_Pelle_ 5 years ago
Paris Saint-Germain 156 6871

That's pretty cocky

Dynastian98 5 years ago Edited
Real Madrid 483 7140

With La Liga falling now as a result of the decline of all 3 of the Spanish giants (as well as Sevilla), it looks like EPL will once again dominate for at least the next few years. It'll be interesting to see how long the EPL can maintain this advantage, seeing as they clearly outmuscle every other league in terms of finances. It was a great run for La Liga, though. A solid 5-6 years of repeatedly winning the CL and EL, as well as finishing in the quarter-finals many, many times.

La Liga should focus much more on South America and East Asia. There's a lot of money to me made there. I'm surprised they don't sign more lucrative deals with Chinese/South American broadcasters. In comparison, EPL is making huge strides in the USA. I just hope it doesn't turn into a situation like the IPL (cricket) or the NBA, where one country becomes significantly more lucrative than almost all the rest.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

With La Liga falling now as a result of the decline of all 3 of the Spanish giants (as well as Sevilla), it looks like EPL will once again dominate for at least the next few years. It'll be interesting to see how long the EPL can maintain this advantage, seeing as they clearly outmuscle every other league in terms of finances. It was a great run for La Liga, though. A solid 5-6 years of repeatedly winning the CL and EL, as well as finishing in the quarter-finals many, many times.

La Liga should focus much more on South America and East Asia. There's a lot of money to me made there. I'm surprised they don't sign more lucrative deals with Chinese/South American broadcasters. EPL is making huge strides in the USA.

Marcus2011 5 years ago Edited
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

This isn't bragging or hitting the chest. Mere reality of what is going on and may happen:

EL -- we were incentivized to win it. EPL teams took it more seriously after it was announced to that winner will be given CL spot and bonus was increased too. I don't know why it wasn't like this from the start because i saw many top clubs didn't give a crap about competition. Like our Genius Sarri who field weaker side playing away in first leg against Frankfurt.

UEFA already allowed EPL to have full 4 spots without 4th team playing qualifications.

EPL dominating CL or not is up to debate, but one thing is for sure EPL has made more money this year again and trajectory is increasing. Popularity in North America is increasing which is a huge market with millions of affluent customers. On top, EPL is capturing Asian markets and African markets. Scheduling of broadcasting at times is an issue for Asian countries but nonetheless popularity is growing fast there.

I said it years ago and I will repeat myself again, EPL might just become exactly like NBA. I think that is their objective and they are doing hell of a good job right now to reach it.

I like it and I don't like it, because then CL will become less significant event. just like World Basketball Tournament for USA, who at times don't even send their best players. or NHL not giving a damn about Ice Hockey World Cup. I am sure international with national teams competitions will never loose popularity in football though, so that is good.

• History

This isn't bragging or hitting the chest. Mere reality of what is going on and may happen:

EL -- we were incentivized to win it. EPL teams took it more seriously after it was announced to that winner will be given CL spot and bonus was increased too. I don't know why it wasn't like this from the start because i saw many top clubs didn't give a crap about competition. Like our Genius Sarri who field weaker side playing away in first leg against Frankfurt.

UEFA already allowed EPL to have full 4 spots without 4th team playing qualifications.

EPL dominating CL or not is up to debate, but one thing is for sure EPL has made more money this year again and trajectory is increasing. Popularity in North America is increasing which is a huge market with millions of affluent customers. On top, EPL is capturing Asian markets and African markets. Scheduling of broadcasting at times is an issue for Asian countries but nonetheless popularity is growing fast there.

I said it years ago and I will repeat myself again, EPL might just become exactly like NBA. I think that is their objective and they are doing hell of a good job right now to reach it.

Dynastian98 5 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

We absolutely need La Liga, Serie A, and Bundesliga to hold their weight. Otherwise European competitions will become superfluous with every best player heading to the EPL. For the sake of European football, the other four leagues need to expand themselves across various parts of the world to gain viewers. I know Ligue 1 is pursuing the Middle East via Al Jazeera, and La Liga has recently been pursuing the East Asian market... Serie A and Bundesliga need to push it.

Ledley 5 years ago
Celtic, Australia 46 1310

Spain did it a few years ago. It comes in cycles, I’m sure Inter will win it soon. Ajax one day, maybe Porto or Benfica would be nice.

Enjoy it while it lasts

tiki_taka 5 years ago Edited
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Its very good for Spain, Madrid winning 3 CL in a row made them not buy players... And Barça will get rid of Valverde and Buy De jong - De Ligt pair. Bayern are getting Reinforcement soon and so will PSG and Juve.

Lets see if an EPL side will win it 5 years in a row or make a treble, or even dominate it from the start till the end. In groupstage Tottenham went through miraculously, and Liverpool waited till 6th game to get rid of off form Napoli 1-0

Then things changed and we can clearly say that they had more passion and fighting spirit than other teams and specially more luck...

My opinion is only based on results, unlike some PL retarded fans in here ( not you quickzy ) Lets see if it can be replicated in regular basis...

Hatts off to Spurs for overachievement,as impressive as Atletico reaching the final.

@quickzyy EL is for 5th to 7th, playing it is a failure at first time because it means you got ejected from CL groupstage or finished out of top 4. Sevilla won it 4 times in a row, and suddenly now its relevant ? ok then.

Lol marcus, only relevant when your club is playing it, just like Mou on Benitez win of EL, and then his reaction while winning it with United... Double standards logic becoming the norm in your comments...

• History

Its very good for Spain, Madrid winning 3 CL in a row made them not buy players... And Barça will get rid of Valverde and Buy De jong - De Ligt pair. Bayern are getting Reinforcement soon and so will PSG and Juve.

Lets see if an EPL side will win it 5 years in a row or make a treble, or even dominate it from the start till the end. In groupstage Tottenham went through miraculously, and Liverpool waited till 6th game to get rid of off form Napoli 1-0

Then things changed and we can clearly say that they had more passion and fighting spirit than other teams and specially more luck...

My opinion is only based on results, unlike some PL retarded fans in here ( not you quickzy ) Lets see if it can be replicated in regular basis...

Hatts off to Spurs for overachievement,as impressive as Atletico reaching the final.

Marcus2011 5 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

I never disliked winning EL because it is a chance to go to SuperCup and it is european trophy. I don't know what you are talking about. I am stating that BIG CLUBS ( BIG ONES) often didn't take it seriously until more was at stake. Bayern even once was there and they could have gone and win it but they lost to Zenit at away 4-0.. ( some sources say that russian oligarchs paid them to loose , but that hasn't been proven).

Finally, EL Is gaining recognition as elite tournament to win because of added bonuses, spot in CL and ofcourse chance to go SuperCup. I think they should also allow EL winner go to Club World Cup.

oh yeas, look Barcelona already locked Ajax players ... so how do you expect Ajax to regain former glory? I read that Ajax even stroke partnership to sell their best players to Barcelona and Barcelona will send loanees. Hey we do that with Vitesse but I accept criticism at times yet it works perfectly fine for them. I don't know how it works for Ajax.. maybe they only care about making money for now. Yet, Barca is getting a bargain for these players. How is eridivise ever going to reclaim status of prestigious league when top players constantly leave?

Same with EPL.. We feed on these smaller leagues to take their talents to next stage and then Barcelona or Real comes to take them to final stage which is rip all the glory and make all the money. EPL objective is exactly to stop that and keep their most valuable players. Having player like Hazard in EPL brings more viewers and revenue. It isn't just in Chelsea's interest to keep Hazard but EPL's too. If we have kept Ronaldo in his prime days .. man it would have attracted other top players to join and so much more revenue! Do you think Messi would have stayed in Barcelona out of loyalty if he saw how EPL players are banking and playing top level football? I highly doubt. There was rift about Neymar earning more and they quickly bumped Messi's wages to keep him happy.

Honestly, EPL doing well in CL is great but I doubt it will last long because Barcelona and Real will reinforce big time. EPL has it is own strategy to gain market share and winning CL is a big plus to attract viewers to EPL, yet they we haven't won CL since 2012 but our BROADCASting money has grown exponentially. EPLs strategy is to capture more audience to the league by selling their domestic brand of top quality football, not by selling brand " that we are good in CL" - but that is also valuable thing to get which will come in the long run strategy.

@dyanstian

I actually agree. I would like to see other European teams be more competitive. Other leagues are only now awaking to what EPL has been planning since 1992. That is why we changed our format and strategy. Clubs now are like corporations.

"You should all check manchester united who are complete crap in EPL but their bussiness model brand and the way they capture market share made them yet again most valuable club in the world.

Also check out Ajax's stock prices.. they fell by 21% .. teams like Ajaxs have European football to raise their value otherwise Eridivise performance alone doesn't do them justice. I wonder how much Manchesters stock prices will go up once they start performing well again.

Also, since Jurgen and Pochetinho took over their respective clubs increased values ( Liverpool 30% increase in value and Spurs after building stadium went by 82%!! ) . You can all look it up. Their domestic performances had a significant impact then now CL performance will leave even bigger sweet taste in their owners mouths.

Paste a link to content from another site (e.g. Youtube, Twitter and many others)

_Pelle_ 5 years ago
Paris Saint-Germain 156 6871

Since when is De Ligt a done deal for barca?

tiki_taka 5 years ago

Rejected Juve and City and Marc overmars sealed the deal, plus he got his best friend De Jong already there.
I even got infos that Barca would pay 900.000 euros for each De Ligt CL game until he extends contract. It’s a 95% done deal. Unless shit happens...
Also the direction are looking to bring back PeP with Ajax coach as plan B. Valverde future will be decided after Copa Del Rey final, there is a clause for both club and coach to end the contract anytime without paying remaining months...

Fact is for league income, PL is and will remain the richest for many reasons except Fa management which is one of the worst.

English Atmosphere, Rivalry, Clubs History, even names are unique. Easy to attract all Anglophone people something like 60% of world population.

They can’t be beaten by any league in UK, Canada, USA. Most of Tv rights and sales are there. Comparing to la liga for instance being majoritary in Mexico, Chile, Colombia and South America in general. If North America were poor and South America were rich, things could be different.

Relax, before someone jumps on me as a habit lately, the language is also important, the infrastructure and attendance, Germany and England are the best in Europe because they got the stadiums, a big football culture but also wealth, English people do not suffer a lot economically like Spain or Italy and therefore can attend games. Italians are football passionate but they can’t attend games for economical reasons. So brand new stadiums, good marketing and passionate fans leads to have a good selling product.

But many of these new PL fans attracted are Sunday football fans with few knowledge or practice of this sport. ( of topic yes but explains some stupid claims we can hear here and there )

Many countries tried to strengthen their leagues for different reason, the main one is upping the level of homegrown and start selling or having strong NT which put you in the worlds map. Qatar, China, Japan, USA, Turkey all tried. But they cannot remove n’es the players from Europe, the very best at least. They just participated in the inflation of wages and transfer fees.

The NBA thing is irrelevant, because USA wins WCs and olympics consistently, plus NBA players do have very long season with 100 games with play offs plus all the traveling arround USA. It’s understandable they want to rest their body a little. But they do rotations in each competition and end up having the best team with 99% to win.
England cannot pretend to win for a long time now, even fielding their best XI. Nothing is by chance for me, England good compain in WC 2018 went at the same time of English clubs performing. While Spanish and German bad compain reflected also in their clubs.

During Spanish clubs absolute domination, La Roja NT was winning everything. Cycles are also something to point but for once England got quality players who can dribble and be tactical. Trippier or Rose for instance can play in Spain easily and change style. There were few to breakthrough outside England during early 2000’s.

Even so, England will always rely on transfers, and Spain on formation. That’s the gap of money. But Spain produced the finest players in 2000’s and a player homegrown for free can be equal to 50 mil PL club transfer...

Reason why I found it hilarious when a minority PL fans facing Horrendus club and NT results and saying, but our league is the richest, fuck the results we are the best....

No, pitch decides, and this season Pitch voted for England.

For league wealth, PL will stay the richest but Spain, Germany and Italy got their weapons to compete. Some sell very well in Dortmund... some like Napoli and Atleti have a healthy model with good formation scouting etc...
A team like Wolverhampton or Leicester will never be Napoli or Atleti equal by simple money injection. Building an institution and winning DNA takes time money won’t accelerate it in European competition.

Spurs rise is the one I respect, and half of he NT starters were from Spurs. Pretty relevant of a good work money is a tiny part of it.

• History

Fact is for league income, PL is and will remain the richest for many reasons except Fa management which is one of the worst.

English Atmosphere, Rivalry, Clubs History, even names are unique. Easy to attract all Anglophone people something like 60% of world population.

They can’t be beaten by any league in UK, Canada, USA. Most of Tv rights and sales are there. Comparing to la liga for instance being majoritary in Mexico, Chile, Colombia and South America in general. If North America were poor and South America were rich, things could be different.

Relax, before someone jumps on me as a habit lately, the language is also important, the infrastructure and attendance, Germany and England are the best in Europe because they got the stadiums, a big football culture but also wealth, English people do not suffer a lot economically like Spain or Italy and therefore can attend games. Italians are football passionate but they can’t attend games for economical reasons. So brand new stadiums, good marketing and passionate fans leads to have a good selling product.

Many countries tried to strengthen their leagues for different reason, the main one is upping the level of homegrown and start selling or having strong NT which put you in the worlds map. Qatar, China, Japan, USA, Turkey all tried. But they cannot remove n’es the players from Europe, the very best at least. They just participated in the inflation of wages and transfer fees.

The NBA thing is irrelevant, because USA wins WCs and olympics consistently, plus NBA players do have very long season with 100 games with play offs plus all the traveling arround USA. It’s understandable they want to rest their body a little. But they do rotations in each competition and end up having the best team with 99% to win.
England cannot pretend to win for a long time now, even fielding their best XI. Nothing is by chance for me, England good compain in WC 2018 went at the same time of English clubs performing. While Spanish and German bad compain reflected also in their clubs.

During Spanish clubs absolute domination, La Roja NT was winning everything. Cycles are also something to point but for once England got quality players who can dribble and be tactical. Trippier or Rose for instance can play in Spain easily and change style. There were few to breakthrough outside England during early 2000’s.

Even so, England will always rely on transfers, and Spain on formation. That’s the gap of money. But Spain produced the finest players in 2000’s and a player homegrown for free can be equal to 50 mil PL club transfer...

Reason why I found it hilarious when a minority PL fans facing Horrendus club and NT results and saying, but our league is the richest, fuck the results we are the best....

No, pitch decides, and this season Pitch voted for England.

For league wealth, PL will stay the richest but Spain, Germany and Italy got their weapons to compete. Some sell very well in Dortmund... some like Napoli and Atleti have a healthy model with good formation scouting etc...
A team like Wolverhampton or Leicester will never be Napoli or Atleti equal by simple money injection. Building an institution and winning DNA takes time money won’t accelerate it in European competition.

Spurs rise is the one I respect, and half of he NT starters were from Spurs. Pretty relevant of a good work money is a tiny part of it.

About the Leicester season, imagine them doing it in PeP and Klopp era, impossible you will tell me. They would have done top 4 because the rest are still inconsistent. Imagine Atletico in 2013/14 with less than Leicester budget, beating Real Madrid/Barça in a wonderful form, and loosing to Madrid in CL final in the last minute because 3 days before they went to get a draw at Camp Nou in the final game and won the league 1 pt différence 86 pts, yes 86. Barça of Xavi-Iniesta 85 pts, 3 days later went to the final and almost defeated Ancelotti Madrid playing one of the finest possession football with Costa injured from the Barca game and a decent bench over the season.

Nobody noticed it in PL because it’s specific for this league, most of the Sunday fans do not recognize what’s outside even if it’s better.
Atletico league win and CL compain for me is bigger than what Leicester did during top 6 underachieving, 0 quarterfinalists in cl that season lost in group stage or 1/16...

And they reached a second final with different squad, and many semifinals... they got a better record than any PL club since 2012. They werent even considered as league contenders...doing a season summary is a thing, a decade summary is another.

If you accept that people think differently without insulting, then I would be less’ insulting and maybe less sensitive. Accepting defeat and looking forward is kind of maturity, excuses and whining look s like a Peter Pan syndrome to me.

End of league debate for me.

• History

About the Leicester season, imagine them doing it in PeP and Klopp era, impossible you will tell me. They would have done top 4 because the rest are still inconsistent. Imagine Atletico in 2013/14 with less than Leicester budget, beating Real Madrid/Barça in a wonderful form, and loosing to Madrid in CL final in the last minute because 3 days before they went to get a draw at Camp Nou in the final game and won the league 1 pt différence 86 pts, yes 86. Barça of Xavi-Iniesta 85 pts, 3 days later went to the final and almost defeated Ancelotti Madrid playing one of the finest possession football with Costa injured from the Barca game and a decent bench over the season.

Nobody noticed it in PL because it’s specific for this league, most of the Sunday fans do not recognize what’s outside even if it’s better.
Atletico league win and CL compain for me is bigger than what Leicester did during top 6 underachieving, 0 quarterfinalists that season lost in group stage or 1/16...

If you accept that people think differently without insulting, then I would be less’ insulting and maybe less sensitive. Accepting defeat and looking forward is kind of maturity, excuses and whining look s like a Peter Pan syndrome to me.

Atletico league win and CL compain for me is bigger than what Leicester did during top 6 underachieving, 0 quarterfinalists in cl that season lost in group stage or 1/16...

amir_keal 5 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

Leicester picking up 81 points in any era is impressive, I don't care about the big sides under performing. They picked up 41 points and just came from an amazing escape to avoid relegation. They spent like 20 million and won the damn league. They won big sides, medium sides and lesser sides in this run. This was an amazing miracle. Of course they were never gonna keep their players like Atletico was, but the reason many people find this a big achievement was because Leicester didn't have a long term plan like Atletico, and it's Leicester, one of the worst PL teams. Now, they are one of the best.