Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

EPL TOTS
amir_keal 7 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

Okay people, what's been your EPL TOTS this year? To make this team, certain rules must be applied. The rules are:

Formation: 4 2 2 2
Bench:1 goalkeeper, 4 defenders, 4 midfielders, 3 strikers

All should add to 23.

Comments
SunFlash 7 years ago
USA 19 3260

Heaton

Valencia - Alderweirld - Luiz - Bertrand

Kante - De Bryune

Hazard - Mane

Kane - Lukaku

Bench:

De Gea, Keane, Bailly, Azipi, Alonso, Alli, Siguardsson, Sanchez, Lallana, Costa, Coutinho, Ibrahimovic

OnceABlueAlwaysABlue 7 years ago
Chelsea, England 5 211

Courtois

Azpi - Luiz - Alderweirld - Alonso

Kante - De Bruyne

Hazard - Alli

Kane - Lukaku

Bench: Pickford, Cahill, Baily, Moses, Vertonghen, Eriksen, Coutinho, Pedro, Fabregas, Costa, Sanchez, King

JuanMata10 7 years ago
Chelsea, Austria 17 1696

enter image description here

SunFlash 7 years ago
USA 19 3260

As a United fan, I'm really punching myself in the nuts for saying this, but I think we're all really disrespecting Man City.

JuanMata10 7 years ago
Chelsea, Austria 17 1696

Who would you include apart from De Bruyne?

SunFlash 7 years ago
USA 19 3260

Well, you didn't include him, and neither did quik, despite him having the 3rd most assists in a single PL season ever. But seeing players like Josh King in over Aguero, I saw Moses mentioned above Sane or Silva...this is a team that did finish 3rd in the league yet no one who has presented a squad so far has more than 1 City player, despite nearly all of us giving Arsenal/United/Liverpool more than one slot - and of course all those teams finished beneath City.

Seems a bit off. We really need a City fan or two on this forum to provide clarity on this stuff, Fred barely comes on anymore.

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

Main team:
enter image description here
Bench: Loris
Bellerin, Alderweireld, Kompany, Baily
Sane, Alli, Ozil, Son
Gabriel Jesus, Lukaku, Diego Costa

JuanMata10 7 years ago Edited
Chelsea, Austria 17 1696

@Sun: Well, I think Manchester City's season was embossed by collective performance, there was not really any standout performer apart from De Bruyne, who'd be the first name on the bench for me. This TOTS ranking is more about individual performance, that's why you and I included Heaton or why I think that Sanchez has been among the 3 best players in the league this season even though Arsenal only finished in 5th place. You've also included Lukaku, Mané, Bertrand and Valencia, all players from clubs that finished below City. I, for one, struggled between including KDB or Lukaku, but scoring 25 goals and not making the TOTS would be ridiculous. Everyone else in the team deserved it more than De Bruyne imo.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

@Sun: Well, I think Manchester City's season was embossed by collective performance, there was not really any standout performer apart from De Bruyne, who'd be the first name on the bench for me. This TOTS ranking is more about individual performance, that's why you and I included Heaton or why I think that Sanchez has been among the 3 best players in the league this season even though Arsenal only finished in 5th place. You've also included Lukaku, Mané, Bertrand and Valencia, all players from clubs that finished below City. I, for one, struggled between including KDB and Lukaku, but scoring 25 goals and not making the TOTS would be ridiculous.

Lodatz 7 years ago Edited
Tottenham Hotspur, England 150 4992

De Gea

Alderweireld -- Cahill -- Luiz

Walker -- Wanyama -- Alli -- Alonso

Sanchez -- Kane -- Hazard

Bench: Lloris, Vertonghen, Smalling, Valencia, Rose, Kante, Dembele, Coutinho, Eriksen, Sane, Lukaku, de Bruyne

People are going to think I'm harsh against Liverpool and Arsenal here, especially since I have more United players than either of theirs, but for me none of their defenders come close this year, and while Liverpool had great performances from Wijnaldum, Lallana and Firmino, and Arsenal got another serviceable year out of Ozil, I don't think any of those names beat out the names I've included for the midfield.

And look! No Ibra, Costa or Aguero! That's because both Kane and Lukaku are better, and Sanchez, Hazard, de Bruyne and Sane are better wide forwards for me than the likes of Mane, Son and Rashford (for now).

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

De Gea

Alderweireld -- Cahill -- Luiz

Walker -- Wanyama -- Alli -- Alonso

Sanchez -- Kane -- Hazard

Bench: Lloris, Vertonghen, Smalling, Valencia, Rose, Kante, Dembele, Coutinho, Eriksen, Sane, Lukaku, de Bruyne

People are going to think I'm harsh against Liverpool and Arsenal here, especially since I have more United players than either of theirs, but for me none of their defenders come close this year, and while Liverpool had great performances from Wijnaldum, Lallana and Firmino, and Arsenal got another serviceable year out of Ozil, I don't think any of those names beat out the names I've included.

And look! No Ibra, Costa or Aguero! That's because both Kane and Lukaku are better as actual strikers, and Sanchez, Hazard, de Bruyne and Sane are better wide forwards for me than the likes of Mane, Son and Rashford (for now).

Lodatz 7 years ago
Tottenham Hotspur, England 150 4992

@Sun: In fairness, I think the issue for City is that in every single area of the pitch, other teams had better players, either collectively or as outstanding individuals.

I mean, can you really justify putting Stones, Kompany, Clichy or Otamendi in the back line of the TOTS? What about Fernandinho, Toure, Silva or Gundogan in midfield? I can't justify that. And what about Sterling, Nolito, Navas or Jesus on the wings? Aguero had another 20-year campaign, but he doesn't belong ahead of either Kane or Lukaku, and personally I would play with a lone striker.

I do get the point you're making, but I can't see that in any position the 3rd best team had the best player, except for de Bruyne in terms of assists, but I'd still start Hazard and Aguero ahead of him. Meanwhile, Chris Smalling, David de Gea and Antonio Valencia have been part of the 5th-best team in the league, but they made up the 2nd-best defense, which is why they all make it into the squad, for me.

Does that reasoning seem fair?

SunFlash 7 years ago
USA 19 3260

The fact you put Smalling in hurts my soul dude. He had a pretty terrible year and I can't remember him starting back-to-back games.

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

@Sunflash Remember the Chelsea game at Stamford Bridge? Worse game of the season for Smalling IMO, he was partly responsible on every single goal. :( Not a big fan of Smalling either but he did the job at least against Ajax. ;)