Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

EPL is coming baaaack
quikzyyy 4 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

And I can't wait for first match vs Man. City!
enter image description here

Predictions? thoughts?

Comments
amir_keal 4 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

Inb4 Luiz does something incredibly idiotic.

Still, i can't wait haha, we'll lose to City but I still believe we can get top 4.

Emobot7 4 years ago
538 11426

Well, to be honest, the recess might actually (might being important here) help you guys with City, especially if Pep didn't manage to prepare as much as he wanted.

Anyway, anyone else hyped about Spurs vs United? Its gonna be an important game for the CL spot fight. Very interested to see how Mou is gonna do after the pause.

SunFlash 4 years ago
USA 19 3260

Anyway, anyone else hyped about Spurs vs United? Its gonna be an important game for the CL spot fight. Very interested to see how Mou is gonna do after the pause.

United went into this break so hot that our fans have forgotten we're sitting in 5th and drop points in stupid games all the team. Spurs have been trash but we're not world-beaters either.

Emobot7 4 years ago
538 11426

@Sunflash Well, it wasn't really my point, I mean, its an interesting games in term of how it could influence the season and the position of the tops team. Also, its alway fun to see Mou face one of his former club. But yeah, if other Manchester United fans expect to walk over the competition just because they had a good momentum before the pause, they might be in for a rough awakening. We'll see. :D

quikzyyy 4 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

its alway fun to see Mou face one of his former club.

I swear I'm still forgetting that Mou manages Spurs.

quikzyyy 4 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

oh yes, this is what i missed, david luiz blunders

Emobot7 4 years ago Edited
538 11426

Did not believe it was going to be this bad tbh. Talk about predicting the future though.

Also, I'm genuinly worried about Eric Garcia, that injury looked bad. Like, I don't remember seeing such a bad injury recently. If Ederson had a nickname, it should be the Bullet or the Human Missile.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Did not believe it was going to be this bad tbh. Talk about predicting the future though.

Also, I'm genuinly worried about Eric Garcia, that injury looked bad. Like, I don't remember such a bad injury recently. If Ederson had a nickname, it should be the Bullet or the Human Missile.

SunFlash 4 years ago
USA 19 3260

Legend

Johnvol 4 years ago
Dynamo Kyiv, Ukraine 0 5

Finally

expertfootball11 4 years ago
Real Madrid, France 64 2837

And Arsenal is still a banter club...

quikzyyy 4 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

what did u expect tho?

Bakagan 4 years ago
Manchester United, England 0 1

Simple question

How can i get EPL tickets from abroad?

quikzyyy 4 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

I don't think you can get them now, but normally you have to buy the membership no your club site and then get the tickets.

amir_keal 4 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

The moment Arsenal signed Luiz I knew they weren't a serious club.

Emobot7 4 years ago
538 11426

Er, its not a question of not being a serious club, its just being bad on the transfer window, alway been a major weakness for Arsenal. I mean, just check all the player Arsenal failed to land under Wenger, there is a lot of quality they failed to sign.

SunFlash 4 years ago Edited
USA 19 3260

Could write a book about Arsenal's issues at this point, and honestly they aren't too different from United's, so it hurts to acknowledge. Brighton players, whatever you think of their style of play, saw Arsenal as beatable. Said Arsenal didn't earn any respect and should stop talking sh-t. And they're right. Crystal Palace is currently ahead of Arsenal in the table for pity's sake. It's not like being 10th is horrible, Chelsea finished 10th a few years back, but that season was a fluke. This spot does not feel like a fluke for Arsenal, they've been regressing to this point for years.

This goes for United as well, but I think a lot of players (and fans) misconstrue what the nature of a club is. History, yeah yeah. Nottingham Forest were once the greatest team in England for a generation and they can't get out of the Championship. Times change. Sure Arsenal had a nice run, but that was made by Wenger, and they haven't looked anything like prime Wenger for about a decade and a half now. A team like Leicester, who's transfer spending and wages are DWARFED even by "penny-pinching Arsenal" has significantly more clout than the Gunners, and has even managed to win a title since 2004. Actually think about that. That's nearly 20 years. Liverpool, meme club though it was for a few generations there, has their (presumably ending this season) title drought at 30 years. The last time Arsenal seriously challenged for a title was the Leicester season and even then it wasn't really close. They put up dreadful performances in the UCL (time for your yearly Bayern annihilation) and (as I know too well as a United fan) no one cares about the Europa league. Congrats, you're better than the best the Ukraine and Belgium have to offer. Woohoo. Club Brugge's record signing is 5m Euros. That's the Europa League.

People have spoken about a "top 6" with the inclusion of Spurs and City, and maybe even Leicester at this point. Shit as Spurs have been this season, they've been ever-present for more than Arsenal has over the last five or so years, and even made a UCL final. I suspect they're on the downturn as well, but if we were making an EPL top 6 now, would you actually include Arsenal? I wouldn't.

Maybe Arteta can right the ship next season. I don't know. But I look at Arsenal and I see a side that has the capability of paying a player 350k/week and that player can't even make the bench. Whose large signings aren't proving to be worth it. And who just seem like a very poorly organized club, on and off the pitch. Arsenal suffer from what many great sides suffer from, they got complacent. Maybe no one has articulated it the way the Brighton players have until very recently, but it's a reality that's been true for years. Arsenal do not deserve to be considered a top club anymore, and really haven't for awhile.

EDIT: I feel like this is a harsh take that needs a statistical justification. Here it is: Arsenal have played 30 Premier League games this season. They've won 9. That's not a typo.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Could write a book about Arsenal's issues at this point, and honestly they aren't too different from United's, so it hurts to acknowledge. Brighton players, whatever you think of their style of play, saw Arsenal as beatable. Said Arsenal didn't earn any respect and should stop talking sh-t. And they're right. Crystal Palace is currently ahead of Arsenal in the table for pity's sake. It's not like being 10th is horrible, Chelsea finished 10th a few years back, but that season was a fluke. This spot does not feel like a fluke for Arsenal, they've been regressing to this point for years.

This goes for United as well, but I think a lot of players (and fans) misconstrue what the nature of a club is. History, yeah yeah. Nottingham Forest were once the greatest team in England for a generation and they can't get out of the Championship. Times change. Sure Arsenal had a nice run, but that was made by Wenger, and they haven't looked anything like prime Wenger for about a decade and a half now. A team like Leicester, who's transfer spending and wages are DWARFED even by "penny-pinching Arsenal" has significantly more clout than the Gunners, and has even managed to win a title since 2004. Actually think about that. That's nearly 20 years. Liverpool, meme club though it was for a few generations there, has their (presumably ending this season) title drought at 30 years. The last time Arsenal seriously challenged for a title was the Leicester season and even then it wasn't really close. They put up dreadful performances in the UCL (time for your yearly Bayern annihilation) and (as I know too well as a United fan) no one cares about the Europa league. Congrats, you're better than the best the Ukraine and Belgium have to offer. Woohoo. Club Brugge's record signing is 5m Euros. That's the Europa League.

People have spoken about a "top 6" with the inclusion of Spurs and City, and maybe even Leicester at this point. Shit as Spurs have been this season, they've been ever-present for more than Arsenal has over the last five or so years, and even made a UCL final. I suspect they're on the downturn as well, but if we were making an EPL top 6 now, would you actually include Arsenal? I wouldn't.

Maybe Arteta can right the ship next season. I don't know. But I look at Arsenal and I see a side that has the capability of paying a player 350k/week and that player can't even make the bench. Whose large signings aren't proving to be worth it. And who just seem like a very poorly organized club, on and off the pitch. Arsenal suffer from what many great sides suffer from, they got complacent. Maybe no one has articulated it the way the Brighton players have until very recently, but it's a reality that's been true for years. Arsenal do not deserve to be considered a top club anymore, and really haven't for awhile.

Emobot7 4 years ago
538 11426

@Sunflash Well, Arsenal really shouldn't speak shit about Brighton since they haven't managed to beat them once in the league this season but I believe the reason they were pissed were more about Leno injury even though those thing happen and people should be ready to deal with those kind of frustration without losing their cool.

I don't agree Arsenal isn't a top club anymore, they have been severly underperforming recently though, that i agree completely. To be honest it really depend on how we see thing but if we consider only club competing for title to be the tops one then obviously, there isn't a big 6 in england but more of a big 2 since the last season.

Personally, I think any club who manage to make it to its domestic league best level (first division) deserve some respect. Calling United, Spurs, Arsenal or even the like of Watford and West Ham joke club seem harsh to me and it feel like we don't considerate a club seriously whenever they don't seriously compete for title. I realize thats not the point that were made and thats its a question of point of view obviously, but it get really tiring to see people bashing team just because they aren't competing for title or as performant as they should be. Sorry for the rant. :(

quikzyyy 4 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

let's be real, we are shit. Leno was our best player this season and we lost him.

Our defence is absolutely terrible, and we are that bad that Mustafi is our best defender. Bellerin form after ACL is really worrying, Holding is after ACL injury too, Chambers is still injured with ACL. What the fuck are even odds that 3(possible 4th Leno, but let's hope not) get injured within a year? We signed INJURED Cedric Soares, who never played and send him back, WTF? Pablo Mari who has played over 200 games in a row without injury got injured within first 15 minutes of playing for Arsenal. Constant injuries year after year... Sokratis/Luiz should just leave.

Non-existing midfield where only one who can defend is Torreira, but somehow he never plays, but whenever he does, our midfield looks much better. Ceballos can go back to Madrid, Guendouzi is still too young and raw, same with Willock. Xhaka should be sold and Ozil, is just so weird... Arteta said it was tactical decision but how he doesn't even make the bench is a mystery.

Laca has been absolutely terrible, would argue he is worse than Giroud, not sure where is Martinelli. Poor Aubameyang playing with absolutely zero support, no way he will renew contract...
can we just pretend 2020 never happened?

Emobot7 4 years ago
538 11426

can we just pretend 2020 never happened?

Pretty sure Arsenal fans are not the only one thinking that. :(

quikzyyy 4 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

and we extended contract of Luiz, gave Cedric 4 year contract when he is injured here for the whole time, like this club mate...