Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

England & Russia may face disqualification
quikzyyy 8 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

Ungland and Russia could be disqualified from Euro 2016 if their supporters are involved in further violence, UEFA has said
enter image description here
There were ugly scenes in the city before and after Saturday's match involving English and Russian supporters and locals, and six British nationals remain in hospital.

On Sunday afternoon UEFA went much further, and warned both nations that if their supporters are involved in more violence, the teams could be thrown out of the competition.

The UEFA Executive Committee has warned both football associations that - irrespective of any decisions taken by the independent disciplinary bodies relating to incidents inside the stadium - it will not hesitate to impose additional sanctions on the Football Association (FA) and the Russian Football Union (RFU), including the potential disqualification of their respective teams from the tournament, should such violence occur again.

Comments
Arsenal_infinite 8 years ago
Arsenal, England 3 27

Not a nice way to be disqualified :/

chelsea8 8 years ago
Chelsea, Iran 17 2219

England was disqualified before the euro's started.

SunFlash 8 years ago
USA 19 3260

Russia is understandable, but Britain really needs to get its fans in order. This is not even close to the first occurrence of events like this.

Gennady 8 years ago
Manchester United 284 3961

@SunFlash WTF do you mean by "Russia is understandable"?

JuanMata10 8 years ago
Chelsea, Austria 17 1696

Both Russian and English fans have a record of violent conduct. Primitive behavior.

liomessi10 8 years ago
Barcelona, Argentina 222 3053

makes no difference for england. theyll be out anyway.

Theo_Walcott 8 years ago
Arsenal, England 0 23

I wish England get eliminated because they didn't pick me for the euros :(

SunFlash 8 years ago
USA 19 3260

@Gennady

Russia's record of fan behaviour is almost as bad as England's. Google around a bit. I remember in particular I see something involving Spartak Moscow at least once a year.

Difference between the two is that the English have actually taken the subject seriously since the ban they got in 1990 I think it was. I'm not saying Russia condones it, but they rarely dish out any meaningful punishment, at least none I've seen or remembered.

Gennady 8 years ago

Mate don't tell me to google this stuff lol I know the history of Russian fans and our football. Maybe you need to google what happened in Euro 2012 when English fans clashed with Swedish fans? or in World Cup 2010 when English fans were fighting and throwing beers at locals (exactly what they were doing in Marseille few days ago)

Trust me, English fans haven't taken anything seriously, and wherever they go, there's trouble. Russian football fans, don't start fights for no freakin reason, where as English fans, have few beers and start throwing bottles everywhere for no fuckin reason and piss everyone off around them.

Shinwari5000 8 years ago
Arsenal, England 0 5

Stop getting angry and bias gennady. He is right about Russians

JozeMourinho 8 years ago
Chelsea, Greece 18 1254

Russians are a thousand times more fierce in terms of football hooliganism. English people can throw few beers maybe break 1-2 heads but man Russians are just fanatics. I won't bother to say I did that, I saw that, I knew a guy bla bla but I am pretty sure I know much more than most of you in terms of that because I was a part in a Greek hooligan club in my younger years and we met Russians, Serbians and other fierce football hooligans. We actually sat on a table and kept hearing and telling stories of events they did with their team. If you use internet to backup your opinion you may be right but nonetheless Russians are much more dangerous than a bunch of English drunk hilly billies.

Marcus2011 8 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

Why do we have to suffer ? Yeah we had few bad apples but why they don't mention Marseile ultras who were messing with our fans ? Then French and Russian ultras together attack our fans . Everyone so quick to point at English fans.

At the stadium Russians fans charged at the group of english fans and they even charged at disabled fan . I am not blaming entirely everything on Russians , just saying they are at fault too but singling out English fans is just ridiculous.

Also , where is French authorities ? They are so concerned about terror attacks that they could not keep football fans quiet and safe ? That is ill preparation for the tournament .

Just today Irish and polish fans clashed and again French ultras also were involved ! How come French authorities are not dealing with this quicker ? UEFA can go F@ck themselves !

SunFlash 8 years ago
USA 19 3260

What did I even start....Jesus

SoccerBoss 8 years ago
Barcelona, Russia 34 804

LOL, the only way French natives can fix this is by offering free vodka and beer, then everything will be calm.

As for the Russian fierceness, you guys are correct to some extent, but I'm sure that the English also are at fault here, because they should've just stopped fighting.

Gennady 8 years ago

@JuanMata10 American press writing something bad about Russians .... what else is new?

Look I'm against any sort of violence in football. Those people who are fighting are freakin morons, Russians, English, Polish, Brazilians, or whatever the nation is. I'm not wasting anymore of my time arguing about violence.

saatvik10 8 years ago
Manchester United, India 27 540

These people who are fighting have no relation with football or fans. They just come to drink and enjoy and when they drink too muh, they start picking fights.

KTBFFHSWE 8 years ago
Chelsea FC, Sweden 52 2449

@gennady You shouldn't mention how biased Americaqn or English press are. Look at freaking RT, the ultimate propaganda channel. Or look on how Russian politicians get involved in this little ordeal. UEFA did after all decide to investigate the actions of Russia's fans further, and they do face disqualification, if anything else happens. And fi you look at the actual game, it was Russian fans that shot the fireworks and that attacked the English fans in bunch. On top of that, England has previously almost been disqualified for less. So that English fans have been worse it utter bullshit.

Gennady 8 years ago

@KTBFFHSWE I didn't say RT was good or anything did I? I know how media is these days, that's why you don't even know who to believe.

What about the first three days in Marseille, when English arrived there, did you see what they were doing there? Russians were nowhere near. Look, I believe English football hooligans are worse than Russians, they're trouble, wherever they go. You believe whatever you want to believe.

tiki_taka 8 years ago Edited
Barcelona, France 367 9768

French media spoke about the English more, English destroyed the bars that welcomed them and caused problems with natives, Russians were a small commando of free fighter fans that attacked the English. Both were involved but destroying bars is worse for me than fighting each other. At the end the English went to hospitals... None will be disqualified that will ruin the competition and people should not forget that it was minorities who did these stupid acts...

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

French media spoke about the English more, English destroyed the bars that welcomed them and caused problems with natives, Russians were a small commando of free fight fans that attacked the English. Both were involved but destroying bars is worse for me than fighting each other. At the end the English went to hospitals... None will be disqualified that will ruin the competition and people should not forget that it was minorities who did these stupid acts...