Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

England relegated in Nation League, what are their World Cup chance?
Emobot7 2 years ago
538 11432

1 goal in five games and that goal was from a penality. 2 point from 5 games. Thing are not looking too good for the England national team, I gotta say I'm not too optimistic for their chance to win the world cup as thing go on. Like I know we alway had mixed view of Southgate but I honestly starting to think he lost something after the Euro because this English team is nearly catastrophic in term of style and of results as well.

Thought? Should we worry about their chance at the World Cup? Is Southgate still the man for the job?

Comments
DarthFooty 2 years ago
Queens Park Rangers, United States 36 1099

Tune-ups and different rosters, so I wouldn't stress too much. What I am paying a closer eye on is fatigue and injuries with the schedule congestion. I am hoping all players and teams can stay as healthy as possible, so we can see a good tournament.

Emobot7 2 years ago
538 11432

@DarthFooty True, gotta say this worry me very much, Quatar world cup, even without the controversy leading up to it, will stay a sour topic for players who won't get to take part because of injury or won't be able to perform at their best because of fitness and form. The temperature propably won't help on that level either.

quikzyyy 2 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

terrible football, non existing attack, if I was fan of England national team I'd want him sacked asap.

Emobot7 2 years ago
538 11432

@quikzyyy Thats exactly my point and propably the reason why I don't agree completely with DarthFooty, i mean sure, Nation League is not very important and a good way to make some test but there isn't an ounce of an good idea put in place in any of those game by Gareth Southgate. Normally you make small change to your team and see what you can add to your current system, we'll see in the WC but I wouldn't be surprised if this England team does not produce to the same level as the last few international tournament.

_Pelle_ 2 years ago Edited
Paris Saint-Germain 156 6885

England is like the Man utd of international football. Looks good on paper, but can’t stop piling up failures.

But to be fair… their group is absolutely deadly. As Hungary has exceeded all expectations, you’re left only with big nations.

Also, just look at how Italy failed to qualify to the WC. Sh*t happens.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

England is like the Man utd of international football. Looks good on paper, but can’t stop piling up failures.

But to be fair… their group is absolutely deadly. Hungary has exceeded all expectations, and then you’re left only with big nations.

Just look at how Italy failed to qualify to the WC. Sh*t happens.

Footy_watch 2 years ago
Arsenal, Brazil 23 1859

It's a mystery as to how Southgate even got the job. It's like they want England to keep failing. They have one of the best squads but its wasted

Emobot7 2 years ago
538 11432

@Pelle Sure, bad stuff happen but the manner in which it happened is relatively humiliating, I mean, we're talking about a team which want to compete for the WC. They're supposed to play with the mentality of winning games against every other teams, what we have right now is a team that seem more focused on not losing and even then its not very succesful. One thing for sure, is their performance in the Nation League don't make me think they can go farther than they did in Euro or WC 2018 for the upcoming WC.

@Footy Well for sure, considering he made top 4 last world cup and finished second last euro, no doubt he still have the confidence of his FA for now. But no doubt he's not gonna be given much chance if his WC 22 performance are similar to what happened in those nation league games.

quikzyyy 2 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

It's a mystery as to how Southgate even got the job.

he's perfect image for FA to be said, who cares about performances on the pitch, better bring another 20 defenders

Emobot7 2 years ago
538 11432

Well to be fair, one thing that Southgate seem to have managed, is to create a good team chemistry but I wonder if that a good or a bad things because when you see how he insist to bring Maguire and play him as a key role while some very good CBs aren't even called. Pretty sure that because Maguire in the past has been one of the leader of his group, he don't want to go without him but considering recent form, I think he might be focusing too much on that chemistry and keeping his leaders around and not so much on calling player up as reward for the current form.

Algerino 2 years ago
Napoli, Algeria 6 845

Does not look good for England. But their nations league group is tougher than wc group.

thiagogo 2 years ago
Bayern Munich, USA 0 3

This topic is incredibly interesting, and I'm interested in learning more about it, but I'm not sure where to look. Thankfully, you created this discussion, and I'm hoping that everyone will be able to assist me.