Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

End of Season Mayhem
Footaholic 12 years ago
Arsenal, Egypt 178 2277

I wanted to post this before the final day of the season.  Regardless of how the chips fall I think we're going to be in for a wild summer. I think a lot of players will be moving in and out of clubs. Just think about it..
1) Many clubs will look to do some serious strengthening this year. Arsenal, Liverpool, and Chelsea have had very poor domestic campaigns for their standards and will surely be looking to address their respective weaknesses. Moreover, many of their players are at the end of their contracts or will be shipped out because they are no longer required.
2) Newcastle & Tottenham have had very good seasons IMO (despite the annual St. Totteringham day).  They will both look to keep hold of their stars while adding quality players that could give them that extra push to cement a place in the PL elite in coming years.
3) The way I see it, regardless of whether or not Manchester United lose the title they will have had a successful year. Let's face it, this is one of the most underwhelming United sides in recent memory. The fact that SAF has got them to punch above their weight all season doesn't negate the fact that they need some big signings to patch up that midfield. The club has made record profits but is deep in debt. We shall see just how much Fergie can squeeze out of the front office.
4) Love'em or Hate 'em, Manchester City have been the best footballing side in England this term. I think Evra is right in that if they win the title this Sunday, they will have the confidence to be perennial title favourites. That only means one thing... BIG TRANSFERS.  
I think this summer will define the 2012-13 season. It's not just a matter of the quanitity of changes but more importantly, the quality of changes.  Should make for an interesting, and for supporters of "certain clubs", nerve-racking summer.

Comments
knibis 12 years ago
Valencia, Sweden 181 2500

Its gonna be a hectic summer in all the big leagues. Hope Valencia can keep soldado because you dont want him to trade down himself to Liverpool,

raimondo90 12 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

Knibis I agree I hope we can keep our key players and improve a bit more. But I'm sure we will lose Jordi Alba. But I predict a lot of transfers in English league especially top teams.