Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Emo's debate thread: Morata vs Alcacer
Emobot7 8 years ago Edited
540 11448

So, guys, I've been thinking to do a debate thread since a long time and I finally decided to go ahead and proceed with my idea. So, heres the concept, I put a subject than is a bit controversial and you take a side and try to explain why you are right. Since we all know those kind of debate never really come to a end, your goal won't be to persuade the oposition but simply one or more person acting a neutral party in the debate. I'm of course will be one of those neutral (so we alway have at least one). Neutral party can ask question to get the debate going and after a while, will take side. The winner is the one who managed to convince the most neutral to agree with him.

The first debate is something I've seen a lot on social media because of the recent transfer of Pablo Alcacer to Barcelona: Morata or Alcacer, wich is better?

Here the link to the wikipedia page of the player for those who want to know more before starting off:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paco_Alc%C3%A1cer
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C3%81lvaro_Morata

And some video of them:

May the debate begin!

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

So, guys, I've been thinking to do a debate thread since a long time and I finally decided to go ahead and proceed with my idea. So, heres the concept, I put a subject than is a bit controversial and you take a side and try to explain why you are right. Since we all know those kind of debate never really come to a end, your goal won't be to persuade the oposition but simply one or more person acting a neutral party in the debate. I'm of course will be one of those neutral (so we alway have at least one). Neutral party can ask question to get the debate going and after a while, will take side. The winner is the one who managed to convince the most neutral to agree with him.

The first debate is something I've seen a lot on social media because of the recent transfer of Pablo Alcacer to Barcelona: Morata and Alcacer, wich is better?

Here the link to the wikipedia page of the player for those who want to know more before starting off:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paco_Alc%C3%A1cer
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C3%81lvaro_Morata

And some video of them:

May the debate begin!

Comments
_Gonzi_ 8 years ago Edited
Juventus, Argentina 2 2102

Morata. Much more experience in european competition, and they are at the same age, so that's saying something. He is so effective. As a Juve fan, i watched him come from the bench in extra time so many times and score the winning goal. It was insane, he's an instant game changer as a substitute. Everytime he came on as a substitute in a game where we needed a goal to win, i used to let out a sigh of relief, i knew it was only a matter of time till he scored the clutch goal. As a starting 11, he's quality, not going to be the leading goalscorer, but he's always where he needs to be on the pitch, lucky maybe, but quality nonetheless. Mandzukic has insane work rate, dybala is a false 9 who falls back. Morata was an insane cherry picker. Morata left, Higauin came in, same striking style. So....morata>>>paco

• History

Morata. Much more experience in european competition, and they are at the same age, so that's saying something. He is so effective. As a Juve fan, i watched him come from the bench in extra time so many times and score the winning goal. It was insane, he's an instant game changer as a substitute. Everytime he came on as a substitute in a game where we needed a goal to win, i used to let out a igh of relief, i knew it was only a matter of time till he scored the clutch goal. As a starting 11, he's quality, not going to be the leading goalscorer, but he's always where he needs to be on the pitch, lucky maybe, but quality nonetheless. Mandzukic has insane work rate, dybala is a false 9 who falls back. Morata was an insane cherry picker. Morata left, Higauin came in, same striking style. So....morata>>>paco

liomessi10 8 years ago
Barcelona, Argentina 222 3053

I'll go with morata Paco Alcacer is a player who needs players constantly feeding him they were incostintant last season at valencia but with Spain Alcacace is lethal but unlike Morata he can't dribble or make his own goal he doesn't really have much skill apart from scoring when he's supplied he doesn't do much else.

@Gonzi Morata turn 24 in October Alcacer just turned 23

tiki_taka 8 years ago Edited
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Actually imo the debate is quite easy here, considering Morata achievements with Juve in CL and the experience gained it would be Morata but Paco had an incredible momentum with Valencia bagging goals for fun, his price tag considering last year Vvalencia inconsistency is annoying me, 20 million would have been more than enough. 27 mil for Moratta is pretty fair.
Thats actually a bargain and both players are set to warm the bench, Paco got less visibility than Morata but both have different style if i had to pick one Morata would be the choice, now who is adapted to Barça tactics, Paco would be more useful.

• History

Actually imo the debate is quite easy here, considering Morata achievements with Juve in CL and the experience gained it would be Morata but Paco had an incredible momentum with Valencia bagging goals for fun, his price tag considering last year Vvalencia inconsistency is annoying me, 20 million would have been more than enough. 27 mil for Moratta is pretty fair.
Thats actually a bargain and both players are set to warm the bench, Paco got less visibility than Morata but both have different style if i had to pick one Morata would be the choice.

Thats actually a bargain and both players are set to warm the bench, Paco got less visibility than Morata but both have different style if i had to pick one Morata would be the choice, now who is adapted to Barça tactics, Paco would be more useful.

Croatian 8 years ago
Bayern Munich, Croatia 23 1323

Can't really compare them, they are both class players, maybe Morata is slightly better because he experienced top-level football in UCL. Paco is great goalscorer too, just I'm afraid his talent will be spent on bench... No idea why Barca had to buy him when they had Denis Suarez and Munir.

saatvik10 8 years ago
Manchester United, India 27 540

Morata is a better player overall, with his experience and marksmanship coming in handy for Juventus last year. Paco scored goals too but IMO Morata has better experience.

SunFlash 8 years ago
USA 19 3260

Agree with tiki on all points, with a little less Paco hype.

540 11448

So wait, nobody is taking for Paco here? Not even for the sake of the debate? Well, its not really gonna be a long debate in that case. :P

• History

So wait, nobody is taking for Paco here? Not even for the sake of the debate? Well, its not really gonna be a debate in that case. :P

SunFlash 8 years ago
USA 19 3260

Paco's a good little player, but Morata's goals dragged Juventus into the CL final last year. Kind of hard to weigh them based on current accomplishments.

Emobot7 8 years ago
540 11448

@Sun Well, I guess so, I just chose this one because I saw a bunch of RM and Barcelona on social media who were arguing over wich was best. Guess I'll go ahead with something less obvious for the next thread. That give me an idea, guys, tell me what you would like to see in the next debate thread and try to explain why I should pick your idea over others one. Lets the brainstorming begin! :D

tuan_jinn 8 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

I dont think Paco is just a hype, he is good. I know the price tag would be a big too much, but watching him impresses you.

I still vote for Morata overall, especially taking his establishment in Series A and CL's games

liomessi10 8 years ago
Barcelona, Argentina 222 3053

messi and ronaldo for next one!

jk maybe griezmann and bale?

Emobot7 8 years ago
540 11448

@liomessi Thats not a bad idea, both of them to be sincere. :p

tiki_taka 8 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

lol emo I would have been glad to think otherwise and try to defend Paco, it's not that he is not good but Morata was brilliant in CL, his goals were crucial and he did it vs Real Madrid and Bayern with the manner. Quite impossible to put Paco on the same level in the achievement level. Potentially Paco is better at passing and Morata is a physical beast.
Quite hard to defend Paco against Morata lol.

540 11448

@tiki I already know lots of people would take for Morata but I was kind of hoping someone was gonna be a tiny bit of a troll and take for Paco. :P

Though I wonder, which do you think will become better in the future? And wich one will work best with is new team mate?

• History

@tiki I already know lots of people would take for Morata but I was kind of hoping someone was gonna be a tiny bit of a troll and take for Paco. :P