Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Emmanuel's handed 2 games ban. Russia's racism issue???
tuan_jinn 9 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

Emmanuel frimpong was banned for 2 games after showing middle finger.

On this twitter he accepted the punishment on his bad gesture, but refused to accept the fact that Russian football associations denied any of the racism evidence. Labeled: "beyond joke"

A sad day. let's us not drawing any conclusion here until we have more evidences.

Source: ST. PETERSBURG, Russia -- Football authorities in 2018 World Cup host Russia have imposed a two-match ban on a Ghanaian player who was sent off for his reaction to alleged racist abuse from Spartak Moscow, whose fans were accused of taunting FC Ufa midfielder Emmanuel Frimpong, were not punished. The incident happened in the opening game of the Russian Premier League season on Friday. Frimpong gestured with a finger toward the Spartak stands in the 31st minute, for which the former Arsenal midfielder received a straight red card.

If this is ANY TRUE, and Fifa asked Russia to answer this issue, Russia REALLY REALLY need to work on this... but cause otherwise this 2018 world cup will be madness. And with all due respect, Russia has a huge bad reputation of racial abuses...

What do you think?

Comments
quikzyyy 9 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

Football is getting more and more tragic..

Marcus2011 9 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

See here is where i see the problem .

Russia's reputation on racism is not any worse than any other European countries if not better in some cases . Russia is actually one of the few countries who outlawed any NASZI movements, propaganda or racist organizations . There are not many European liberal countries who has done the same , or are there ?

This constant attack on Russia because of few fuk ups , demonizing whole country, typical European prejudice . Russia is apparently not worthy of World cup because of this now , yet if it is so bad why black players still come to play ? Because Russian Football Federation , does tackle the problem of racism just like many other Federations and in some cases much more effective than many top football federation .

And at last Frimpong , he must be the dumbest player I have ever seen in my life . He should have acted professional and not let his emotions take over and letting his team down . Yeah it sucks, I personally know what it feels like but he is a pro . He should have told referees , teammates and bring attention of the manager, instead of responding back in similar manner , brainlessly .

Here is the fact : IT WAS ONE FAN , not all the Spartak fans ... come on man , you can handle that and let appropriate people to deal with him ... so sensitive

if I was getting even 20 k a week for just kicking the ball around , I will just call it a day , and laugh my way all the way to the bank to cash my check. Keep up with the news and wait for RFF to deal with that idiot . Simple .

Marcus2011 9 years ago

SunFlash 9 years ago
USA 19 3260

We get racism all of the world, and FIFA rarely does anything about it aside from those "say no to racism" posters. Remember the Chelsea fans in Paris? Dani Alves and the banana? FIFA have never cracked down on racism and expecting them to do it now is ridiculous.

The best the world can do is show a cold shoulder, or shun those fans for awhile, if indeed they did anything wrong, although I'd be very surprised if a player gave a whole fan section the middle finger unprovoked.

It would be better if we had an independent place where these reports could be looked at, FIFA is corrupt as hell, and individual leagues will always protect their interests.

tuan_jinn 9 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

Of course Racism is around the world... and that something we have to deal with. Fifa is rotten and mostly aint do nothing. But at least in this case, they tried to show the world that it shouldn't be tolerated. What do you expect? do nothing?

@Marcus: no conclusion draw. But, you are over defending for Russia. Google about the skin head na-Zi, ask ANY Asian would they feel safe lingering around Moscow like in any other capital in Europe. Just google student was brutally murder by new Russian Na-zi. Ask any prospect student what they have been warned before considering to go to study aboard in Russia where the education system used to be the best.

Russia MUST do something about it especially they are the world cup host. I am sure they would do everything and I believe them too (look at Sochi it was great in general). But after that, shit is back to normal again

Anyway, I have all the love for Russia, especially their women hehehe. But this is not cool

SoccerBoss 9 years ago
Barcelona, Russia 34 804

O.K. guys, I have the solution. I will be the next president of Russia and all problems will be solved.

Dynastian98 9 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

Of course Russians hate Na-zis, that should be very obvious from how the events of WWII turned out.

Marcus2011 9 years ago

@Tuan .

Yes , I see what you saying , I am very familiar with Russia because I lived there for sometime but those days are in the past . Now, it is rare cases, and incidents rate of such cases is just like in any other European country . Putin and RFF have been doing everything to united multi-ethnic country , and promote respect and tolerance to foreigners.

Ofcourse it is not eradicated . FIFA and UEFA should step up and help but they don't do crap . Football is useful tool to fight racism, if governing bodies of football pulled their heads out of their a*ses and worried less about their pockets.

All i am saying that Russia is not any worse than any other country , so lets not make it sound like a demons nest of racism . For example in Netherlands , just because it does not come on the news , does not mean that there are not naszi groups or racist organized gangs who commit similar kind of racist attacks and acts of discrimination towards foreign looking citizens or tourists .

There are many such groups all over Europe , if not more than Russia has because Russia made some serious changes . They outlawed them .

Remember when UEFA hosted tournament in Poland and Ukraine . No one even said anything about racism issues in those countries who have VERY openly fasscist and racist radical groups who similarly attack foreigners , beating them to death in some cases . They attacked , massively ,Russian fans during the tournament , but UEFA and FIFA did not do crap about it .

One thin I definitely agree on , Russian women are beautiful , but Dutch are also something else out of ordinary :)) . English women are the one , we both need to stay from ...

tiki_taka 9 years ago Edited
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Russia isnt safe for non white people at the moment and the government isnt responsible for it, the people is. 60 years ago USA wasnt safe either for their own black people with a racist constitution. Here we arent talking about racist constitution, the people arent mature yet there because Russia are still a Young country who are trying to get back their values...This aside, i agree that the propaganda on Russia is at its highest because Poutine défends his country rights, if he was a doll in world masters hands we wouldnt hear anything bad about them.World needs a strong Russia to get balanced because after the URSS fall, some non human people rulled the world and caused death of nations for their own benefits. Despite all the internal problems Russia and Russians have, i got to say long live Russia, may the Taiga bear stay strong and defend his territory and the one of his neighboors from the imperialist eagle predation.

I wish we had a Poutine in France, being rulled by a real Man and a patriot who défends his country interests. France are being murdred slowly due to their political dolls.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Russia isnt safe for non white people at the moment and the government isnt responsible for it, the people is. 60 years ago USA wasnt safe either for their own black people with a racist constitution. Here we arent talking about racist constitution, the people arent mature yet there because Russia are still a Young country who are trying to get back their values...

This aside, i agree that the propaganda on Russia is at its highest because Poutine défends his country rights, if he was a doll in world masters hands we wouldnt hear anything bad about them.

World needs a strong Russia to get balanced because after the URSS fall, some non human people rulled the world and caused death of nations for their own benefits. Despite all the internal problems Russia and Russians have, i got to say long live Russia, may the Taiga bear stay strong and defend his territory and the one of his neighboors from the imperialist eagle predation.

SoccerBoss 9 years ago
Barcelona, Russia 34 804

Honestly, when did we all hear a racist event occur in Russia before this one, like a couple of months ago right?
Racism in Russia happens, just like in any other Country, it's just that no is used to it in Russia as in other countries. In Russia, it has just been a fan this time, but in other countries even football/soccer players that play with each other make racist remarks to each other. This whole event is just being blown out of proportion because of the heated situation that Europe is in with Russia. When an idiot fan from Villareal threw a banana at Dani Alves, yes he got banned (and that's what should happen to the Russian fan as well) but no one here in the Forum made a big deal about it, so It seems to me that this Random occurrence is not the first and not the last, but what can we do about it, we're people