Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Edit & Reply Buttons?
Golden 11 years ago
35 693

Dear FootyRoom,

I came across two proposals recently, which are the following: Is there a chance you could put up an edit button, and a reply button?

I believe many FootyRoomers would love being able to edit their posts and comments as is the case for me. My threads often happen to mess up, and I've noticed I'm not alone regarding this. Also, the reply button would be great to have when we're replying to someone, making it easier to see if or when you're being replied to.

Otherwise, I highly appreciate the wonderful work you're doing.

Sincerely
Golden

Comments
Lodatz 11 years ago
Tottenham Hotspur, England 150 4992

Big thumbs up for both suggestions, but especially the Edit button. That would be awesome. :)

ramaboy10 11 years ago
Mauritius 285 6463

I don't want a reply/ quote button: Say if a person posts a load of pictures, you hit the reply/ quote button... it comes up again and makes looking at other posts annoying.

Golden 11 years ago
35 693

@Lodatz,

For sure! :)

@ramaboy,

I was rather thinking if you could mark what you're replying to. For example, if there's a precise question or statement you want to discuss, it's a lot easier to mark only that. I've seen it on some other forums.

20ROBINVANPERSIE 11 years ago
Manchester United, England 26 349

i was going to write this aswell

20ROBINVANPERSIE 11 years ago
Manchester United, England 26 349

also i would like to see the assists section on la liga and the other leagues aswell and maybe we could put photos on the highlights and talkroom 

United_Hates_Blues 11 years ago
Manchester United, England 14 985

I made this exact same thread a couple months ago. Footyroom said that they are working on it. 

MRarsenal500 11 years ago
Arsenal, England 59 741

I heard footyroom are making make stats such as possession, fouls, offsides etc. but i saw that post like 5 months ago now and still footyroom haven't updated it yet. 

Tuanis 11 years ago
Manchester United, England 86 2310

an edit button would give the chance for everyone who posts to change what they said any time they want to whatever they like which would in some cases be disastrous as many people would change their own comments and mess up with a conversation or thread. 

The reply button would be very useful because every time there is people adding @username in order to reply and let the other person know, so it would make things easier when wanting to address to a specific user.

In many other forums in the internet, even non football related, usually non of them have the option to edit a post or comment probably because of the reason I just explained but there are in many cases the option to reply to another comment someone else said so that would be a nice addition to the forum we use so regularly.

Jimskeleton 11 years ago
Tottenham Hotspur, England 7 728

An edit button I think is a must really, it has to be on any forum, many forums allow you to edit your post for just 5 minutes after you originally posted it, which would stop the problem Tuanis just mentioned, assuming it was possible on here.

I've always thought a quote button would be a good idea.

Lodatz 11 years ago
Tottenham Hotspur, England 150 4992

There's another way around the Edit problem, too; if the posts and edits are time-stamped.