Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Eden Hazard in Real Madrid
Marcus2011 5 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

I don’t know why but seems like he is slowly being ruined because they play him strictly as a winger. At Chelsea he had a free role where he could inject himself into the box and play all over the pitch creating chances for the teammates. He could wreck havoc and was harder to mark.

Also, it seems that he still a bit overweight.. I do hope he gets back into his usual form but what are your thoughts on where it is going wrong for him at the moment?

Comments
Dynastian98 5 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

He's no doubt going to have some license to roam removed from him now that he's around significantly better players. He needs to fit in well within the formation so that the team can function. That being said, he's had poor luck with being overweight and not being on good form. The Madrid fanbase is still extremely optimistic about him since we all know he's one of the best in the world, but we're just upset that he hasn't been able to have the impact he would have desired yet.

IMO, he needs to step his game up a bit. I remember he had an abysmal season at Chelsea once (I think it was 2015-16), where he looked completely disengaged with the outcome of the match. I hope he doesn't develop that attitude at Madrid, because he's easily our best player alongside Ramos and Modric.

Marcus2011 5 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

Why doesn’t Zidane want to give him more freedom in the midfield ?

It also feels like that entire team is going through the crisis. Goalkeeper, Courtois, is complete garbage, defense is leaking goals and midfield doesn’t have full control of the pitch. It must have had an impact on him. He joined the team during reconstruction because real right now has squeezed alll the lemons out of that generation of players.

He was disengaged in 15-16 because of our locker room situation. It seems Reals atmosphere in the dressing room isn’t healthy right now. Zidane struggling to turn things around and perhaps lost respect among some of his players but Hazard feeds off the dressing room mood. If he has fun with his mates then he gets out with same attitude on the pitch.

tiki_taka 5 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

He needs to adapt to the league, and to the team. probably high pressure and off pitch can also play a role but he got what it takes to break into the XI.

Dynastian98 5 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

he got what it takes to break into the XI.

Lol, bro he is our best attacker. He is in the XI as long as he is healthy. Zidane has played him despite the fact that Hazard is overweight and out of form. I think that speaks volumes about Zidane's trust in Hazard.