Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

ECA Report On Youth Academies
Footaholic 12 years ago
Arsenal, Egypt 178 2277

For those of you who have an interest in youth development at elite European clubs visit: http://www.ecaeurope.com/Global/Research/ECA%20Report%20on%20Youth%20Academies.pdf

The report is quite comprehensive and extremely informative. I learned a lot more about the set-up at my club and how it compares to those of others. If you have the attention span of a fly, you could (if you want) just skip to a specific case study of interest. Please comment on anything you find noteworthy or which system you seem to prefer. Enjoy.

Comments
DonAndres 12 years ago
Barcelona 62 1138

Thank you so much!
Its great..

raimondo90 12 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

Very interesting stuff. Crazy some of the teams policies. Altgought I don't get some of the recruitment. They have to see you play in a team then they select you?

Footaholic 12 years ago
Arsenal, Egypt 178 2277

@raimondo: Basically, theyrely on their networks with community clubs and various other scouts abroad to streamline operations. i guess it's a way of preventing every young fan from applying. 

raimondo90 12 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

@footaholic ohh that makes sense, thanks for clearing it up for me.

Footaholic 12 years ago
Arsenal, Egypt 178 2277

LOL, the Bayern section is the one that stands out the most. Their description of their academy is scary. Clockwork efficiency, mental strength, no room for improvisation, etc, etc. How stereotypically German.

naman93 12 years ago
Real Madrid 82 859

no real madrid :( ... may be coz our youth management has rusted since last 10 years !

thanks for sharing .... downloaded the .pdf

naman93 12 years ago
Real Madrid 82 859

talking about youths ...... arsenal has one of the best youth system ...... this pic not really depicts their youth system but it surely depicts their backup strength !!