Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Do you think roman can lure pep to chelsea?
PuppetMaster 11 years ago
England 15 331

according to report roman is willing to pay 20 mil pound per season for pep service. do you think pep will be tempted with that kind of money? will he be the next manager for chelsea next seaon? f im pep i wont take this ridiculous offer i prefer managing manutd or bayern. if i take this offer i will ask roman to step back a little bit,i will ask him i will the manaher of the club not him.

Comments
Heisinburg 11 years ago
Manchester United 67 1516

Why is he going for other managers when RDM was doing a fine job for him? Idiot needs to call RDM back - that'll calm things down.

Lodatz 11 years ago
Tottenham Hotspur, England 150 4992

This has been preying upon my mind, of late, and to be honest... I've harboured a secret excitement at the prospect. Lemme explain:

Chelsea are changing. Time marches on, and Terry, Lampard, Ivanovic, Cole etc are all starting to reach (over drive over) the top of the hill. Drogba has gone, and Essien wouldn't have been loaned to Madrid if he was really wanted for the future. The future of Chelsea, to me, revolves around the following players:

Mata, Hazard, Oscar, Ramires, Luiz (and Cech for a few seasons more).

These are not Park The Bus kinda players.

If, and of course it is a huge if as yet, Guardiola came to Chelsea, he would be inheriting a very promising group of young internationals, and let's not forget who else has been on Chelsea's radar. Let's say they sell Torres, for, say, 30 million. Another 10 million on top of that and they could pick up Hulk for that money, and if they broke the bank to pick up Falcao for another 50 million, think about what that would do for the squad.

You would have four of the hottest prospects for Brazil's next decade (and in Hulk a player who was born for the EPL's powerful game), a Belgian who could quite possibly be the next Zidane, probably the most complete striker in the world in Falcao, as well as some of the other waiting-in-the-wings prospects.

I fancy Guardiola, should he be given the control that PuppetMaster talks about, could get down with that line-up, and I tell you what, I would happily enjoy watching that team week in, week out, in the Premier League. For the first time in 50 years, the next generation of world flair superstars would be forged in the heat of the English game, as was a certain Cristiano Ronaldo, instead of Spain, Italy or Holland.

Speaking of which, give it another season on from all this, and I could see Roman busting out 80 million to bring Ronaldo himself to complete, and possibly lead, this team. 

Much as it might rankle those who resent Chelsea's riches being the source of their success, I think the real winner in the above scenario would be football itself.

Probably would never happen, but, tell me it isn't a worthy dream? ;)

FredTilson 11 years ago
Manchester City, France 61 769

I personally feel that Jose Mourinho would be a better fit than him, his personal differences with Abramovich aside. He knows how to manage a squad like Chelsea. Even in a scenario which Lodatz outlined, Chelsea would be more similar to Real Madrid rather than Barcelona.

No offense to Pep but he is completely untested in the English League where the kind of players and tactics are vastly different from the La Liga. It would be a huge risk to offer so much money just to get him. It is entirely possible his style doesn't fit in with Chelsea.

In the current scenario, he looks best suited for Bayern Munich to me. even United would be a better fit for him than Chelsea.

Lodatz 11 years ago
Tottenham Hotspur, England 150 4992

@FredTilson: Oh, I dunno... they look like they're enjoying some rondo circles and tiki-taka in training, over at the Bridge... ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lP5rEPg2NxY

You make a fair point about him being untested in the English league. I just have a feeling that he would relish the chance for a wholly new project, to show that he doesn't just need a Barca-type set up in order to win. Of course, I'm totally putting words in his mouth, but, hey, it's a dream. Maybe I've just spent too many years playing Pro Evo, assembling dream squads in the Master League....

As for Mourinho, I would still put odds on him taking SAF's seat, instead.

regli11 11 years ago
Manchester United, England 37 227

no

raimondo90 11 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

No Pep doesn't care about money (he probably has enough from Barca). Chelsea doesn't suit pep's style. He's very keen on going to ManU or Bayern. 

Trollman 11 years ago
Chelsea, Egypt 32 525

I will have no part of this discussion since I just love Mourinho too much at the Bridge to think of Pep joining Chelsea instead. I just wanted to say, Lodatz your discussions are epic and you've got my favorite thing to help in discussions, EVIDENCE!!!! What you write really is entertaining and with evidence it is the perfect combo. Thumbs up, bro. 

Carry on.

ramaboy10 11 years ago
Mauritius 285 6463

No, I completely agree with raimondo.

Trollman 11 years ago
Chelsea, Egypt 32 525

Okay and another thing to add. I completely go bonkers when I hear "No it doesn't fit .........'s style" or "No ....... doesn't suit (insert manager)'s style". You people do know style comes with managers right? With Mourinho we were counter attacking with Carlo we were playing his not so new anymore Playstation style. Style comes with the manager, and professional players adapt to those styles. They're not robots who were programmed to play (insert style of play here) style. Chelsea players can adapt to any style they want and we've got the players to do so.

ramaboy10 11 years ago
Mauritius 285 6463

^ Chelsea will not fit in well to his technique of play. They like to attack and press real hard like Madrid, but barca pass and pass ans wait for a good chance.

Trollman 11 years ago
Chelsea, Egypt 32 525

I enjoy the attack and press hard style, but who says players such as Moses, Hazard, Mata, Marin, KdB (if he makes it), Piazon (if he makes it), Oscar, Mikel, David Luiz, Cahill and possibly Falcao if he joins (unlikely now) can't adapt to Barca's tika-taka style? I for one hate your pass, pass, pass, fancy pass, long pass to Messi, Messi dribbles, goal (repeat cycle with much more or a bit less passes) but I'm just saying, all professional players can adapt to any style.

ramaboy10 11 years ago
Mauritius 285 6463

Yes, I also hate Chelsea's style. Play good and win when you can, and then as soon as you play a hard team park the bus and play crap.

Trollman 11 years ago
Chelsea, Egypt 32 525

Fair enough. You've stated your opinion and I've stated mine about style of play. But I don't know whats up there in your brain but the last time we've parked the bus was in Munich and we haven't done that since. So, rephrase that and say "I hate Chelsea's high attacks and hard pressing style of play," since I am guessing that is what you meant

Jeffrey_Hazard 11 years ago
Chelsea, France 81 456

fuck pep,we dont need guys who called us parking the bus(in peps interview)he was ask if he could take the chelsea job then he answered i cant drive the bus,so fuck him,mourinho is who i want

ramaboy10 11 years ago
Mauritius 285 6463

And when was the last time Chelsea won well against a team? Oh yeah, against Munich.

ramaboy10 11 years ago
Mauritius 285 6463

@Jeffery he was right anyway.

Trollman 11 years ago
Chelsea, Egypt 32 525

@rama: What the hell are you saying... We were owning almost every match with RDM. You obviously weren't watching Chelsea in the first 2 months. Then when Roman made a stupid move and fired RDM over one match we started failing with Rafa.

raimondo90 11 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

If I were Roman I'd chase Ronaldo not pep. I'm sure rondaldo would love some super high wages. 

ramaboy10 11 years ago
Mauritius 285 6463

rondaldo :)

Jeffrey_Hazard 11 years ago
Chelsea, France 81 456

@ramadog,but at least say something respectful....