Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Demba Ba's representatives to meet with Chelsea
Jeffrey_Hazard 11 years ago
Chelsea, France 81 456

Demba Ba: Interest from Chelsea ahead of the January transfer window

Sky Sports sources understand Demba Ba's representatives will meet with Chelsea on Sunday.

Ba has a £7million release clause in his contract which becomes active in January when the transfer window re-opens.

Sky Bet OddsDemba Ba's price on a move from Newcastle to Chelsea has been slashed from 9/1 to 1/6 on over the course of the weekend. Click hereto see the latest transfer odds.

The striker has shown some excellent form this season and already has 13 goals to his name this term.

This has seen a host of clubs linked with a possible move, includingArsenal, Tottenham, QPR and French giants Paris Saint Germain.

Now Chelsea are reported to have moved into pole position after Sky Sports sources confirmed talks were due to take place between Ba's representatives and the European champions.

NEXT,

Chelsea manager Rafael Benitez claims he knows nothing of Demba Ba talks

Rafael Benitez insisted he knew nothing of reports suggesting Demba Ba was set for talks with Chelsea officials.

Chelsea boss Rafael Benitez insisted he knew nothing of reports suggesting Newcastle striker Demba Ba was set for talks withBlues officials.

Sky Sports sources understand Ba's representatives were due to meet with Chelsea on Sunday evening.

Ba, who has 13 goals already this season, has a £7million release clause in his contract which becomes active in January when the transfer window opens.

Chelsea show their character

A host of clubs have been linked with a possible swoop for Ba, including Arsenal, Tottenham, QPR and French giants Paris Saint Germain.

Asked after Chelsea's 2-1 win over Everton if he knew anything about the reports, Benitez said: "No, because we don't talk about this business, we had a very important game today.

SOURCES,

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11668/8373005/

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11668/8372788/Demba-Ba-s-representatives-to-meet-with-European-champions-Chelsea

To think how many goals Demba Ba scored for Newcastle, so then he goes to a top side like Chelsea with Mata, Hazard and Oscar.And his cheap what a bargain,I think his the best option for us.

Thoughts?

Comments
MRarsenal500 11 years ago
Arsenal, England 59 741

nobody is gonna eve bother reading this junk

Jeffrey_Hazard 11 years ago
Chelsea, France 81 456

Mr arse,I know that,thats why I put the sources above you

Lodatz 11 years ago
Tottenham Hotspur, England 150 4992

I'd be a happy man if Levy bought him.

ramaboy10 11 years ago
Mauritius 285 6463

Damn it. I want him to go to Arsenal so they can get rid of the forhead.

PuppetMaster 11 years ago
England 15 331

damn why nobody buy him last summer? his release clause is just 7 mil

Dynastian98 11 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

@PuppetMaster

Because he's the type of player that needs continuous quality balls to score. I honestly doubt that he will do successful at Chelsea, but you never know. That's why Arsenal shouldn't buy him, because they're not the type of team to use a player like him. Arsenal need a striker that can create chances as well as he can score them, just like Henry and van Persie.

Trollman 11 years ago
Chelsea, Egypt 32 525

@Dynastian: and you believe he wont get quality balls from the likes of Luiz, Hazard, Oscar, Mata, Lampard, and Moses? Ba is the type that makes direct runs to prepare for a through pass and finishes it off with a powerful shot. His strength allows him to push defenders aside and we now finally have someone who can win multiple battles in the air if we sign him (excluding Cahill). The only problem is his bad knee. His knee is slowly getting worse and worse every year, but I believe if Chelsea give him a 2 year contract he will be okay for us (hopefully). Plus, our medical staff is great. We made injury prone Torres made to non injury prone Torres in 1 year. We'll just have to wait and see.

Footaholic 11 years ago
Arsenal, Egypt 178 2277

@DYnastian is 100% correct regarding Arsenal.  Our team is not built on crosses but rather quick interplay in and around the box. We already have Giroud who is kind of a hbyrid because he is capable of being a target man but is also very technical (don't let looks deceive you). 

Honestly, desperation is the only thing I can think of as to why certain Arsenal fans were clamoring for KJH or Ba. Seriously, they would be square pegs in round holes. I think people just say things sometimes that don't really make any sense. I hope we land Adrain or Villa.

As for Chelsea, I think Ba would do a job as they have quality crossers in their team.

Dynastian98 11 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

@Trollman

As far as I'm concerned, Lampard's leaving this summer, Moses doesn't give you too many quality passes, and Luiz isn't a player that focuses on play-making. So that leaves Mata, Hazard, and Oscar. And for a striker to build a good mental connection with a play-maker takes about a year or so. So, think again. Ba may not be the striker for Chelsea.

Trollman 11 years ago
Chelsea, Egypt 32 525

Ever since Luiz moved to midfield his passing has assisted us multiple times into having chances on goal. IF Lampard leaves I see multiple loanees taking his place. KdB so far has been Bremens best player, McEachran can take his place, or we might push Piazon to first team, and Azpi is a great crosser for a RB. Also, Moses is not as good as the others in passing, but I can assure you that his crossing and passing from the wings are as deadly as his attacks.