Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Defensive, counter attacking football, and Chelsea and MUnited
tuan_jinn 6 years ago Edited
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

I would like to edit and add Manchester United here too.

Sorry I have to take Chelsea as the subject here (although it applies to Manchester United too). But let's hear your opinion on this style?

I take it as you already known the fuzz going around between Chelsea (Conte) vs. Gary and Redknapp... (Gary and redknaap slammed Chelsea for their anti-football and ultra-defensive approach, and Conte hit back).

Redknapp went further and described Chelsea performance: 'crime against football'

I would like to take this opportunity to talk about this kind of tactic and why sometimes some people wowww-wonder it and for the same style, slam it.

For the record, I hate the SAME style when Mou's (MU) uses it against big elite teams. (The opinions are the more comment idea from fans)

1. Chelsea 1 - 1 Barcelona (WOOOWWW, master class)
  2. Man City 1 - 0 Chelsea (anti-football)

IMO, in both games, Chelsea played the same style, ultra defensive and tried to hit hard on counter.

• The difference is, Man City didn't let them to have the ball and completely blocked the attack. Barca sucked and wasn't as good, so Chelsea had their fair chances of attacking.
  • In both games, Chelsea didn't see much of the ball, and parked the bus.

Please dont say that, Chelsea approached both game in different ways (like: against Man City, Chelsea came in and didn't want to attack, against Barca they wanted to attack). NO, they played the same, only Man City did better.

So, why do you fans keep saying Chelsea played beautifully and embrace the tactic, while in another game saying it was anti-football and coward tactic?

To be honest, ultra-defensive and hit on counter is a bit of a small team mentality, they play their skin out again bigger teams (super motivated), then choke from time to time... I dont say Chelsea or Manchester United are small teams, but this kind of football is.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Sorry I have to take Chelsea as the subject here (although it applies to Manchester United too)

I take it as you already known the fuzz going around between Chelsea (Conte) vs. Gary and Redknapp... (Gary and redknaap slammed Chelsea for their anti-football and ultra-defensive approach, and Conte hit back).

I would like to take this opportunity to talk about this kind of tactic and why sometimes some people wowww-wonder it and for the same style, slam it.

For the record, I hate the SAME style when Mou's (MU) uses it against big elite teams. (The opinions are the more comment idea from fans)

IMO, in both games, Chelsea played the same style, ultra defensive and tried to hit hard on counter.

• The difference is, Man City didn't let them to have the ball and completely blocked the attack. Barca sucked and wasn't as good, so Chelsea had their fair chances of attacking.

Please dont say that, Chelsea approached both game in different ways (like: against Man City, Chelsea came in and didn't want to attack, against Barca they wanted to attack). NO, they played the same, only Man City did better.

So, why do you fans keep saying Chelsea played beautifully and embrace the tactic, while in another game saying it was anti-football and coward tactic?

To be honest, ultra-defensive and hit on counter is a bit of a small team mentality, they play their skin out again bigger teams (super motivated), then choke from time to time... I dont say Chelsea or Manchester United are small teams, but this kind of football is.

Sorry I have to take Chelsea as the subject here (although it applies to Manchester United too)

Redknapp went further and describe Chelsea performance: 'crime against football'

Sorry I have to take Chelsea as the subject here (although it applies to Manchester United too). But let's hear your opinion on this style?

Redknapp went further and described Chelsea performance: 'crime against football'

Comments
Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11435

@Sunflash Seem to me the people who say they rather win the way Liverpool does are bit more casual fan, people who haven't accepted the harsh reality that beautifull football doesn't alway win you game and when your a player and manager, you must be ready to do anything.

the_bald_genius 6 years ago
10 1583

defensive or attacking, beautiful or pragmatic. I think some people also tend to discredit the off the ball movements managers inserted into the gameplan. Ferguson used to say in his biography, the difference between arsenal and barcelona is how intense the players chase back to win the ball when losing possession. I think there is no tactics that last forever, managers always come up with counter solution based on their existing experience and adapt a little bit. people may talk about parking the bus and I myself is not fan of mourinho, but mourinho is smart to encourage his team to play long ball vs drilled pressing liverpool sides which I think is the key tactics (core gameplan). I think if klopp had anticipated mourinho to play long ball, he would have put the tall emre can slightly in front of lovren. Conclusion, whatever tactics (park or possesion), some details needs to be adapted to different opponent.

Golazo111 6 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

Klopp bought in attacking players and that part of Liverpool works well, but he still needs to rebuild the defense like Mourinho and Pep did.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11435

@Golazo Thats a problem Liverpool had for so long, I'm still suprised Klopp only signed Van Djik recently, they propably be second in the league right now if they had another solid defender at the back...

tuan_jinn 6 years ago Edited
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

The contradiction of those comments from the pundits from game to game are the ridiculous part.

I think Raimondo nailed it. Its the matter of taste to me, and I just dont personally like sitting back and wait on fast effective counters.

Doesnt mean i can't appreciate it. But if every team does that for the sake of the results and cups, i dont think we can enjoy the game. (yeah sure it can be beauty in the eyes of some).

@SunFlash: well, back in the day, we could alo say: "ohh that team looses the mid battle, being push back and only bite on counter". Or "you couldnt even have the ball to play, totally dominated".

My point is its hard to refer to time and style.

Chelsea actually chose to do best again the two best squad. A game plan that worked for one but not another. Like Golazo, Emo and some said, lack of exp failed them.

They were brilliant vs Barca, but terrible against City.

This style, and the style sometimes Mou uses (against big team) and is famous for... I just dont think it's as awesome as it used to be anymore, and the "master plan" term is a bit too much. It works though

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

The contradiction of those comments from the pundits from game to game are the ridiculous part.

I think Raimondo nailed it. Its the matter of taste to me, and I just dont personally like sitting back and wait on fast effective counters.

Doesnt mean i can't appreciate it. But if every team does that for the sake of the results and cups, i dont think we can enjoy the game. (yeah sure it can be beauty in the eyes of some).

@SunFlash: if we have to talk about back in the day. Then, in those time we used to have this phase too: "ohh that team looses the mid battle, being push back and only bite on counter". Or "you couldnt even have the ball to play, totally dominated".

Chelsea actually chose to do best again the two best squad. A game plan that worked for one but not another. Like Golazo and some said, lack of exp failed them.

This style, and the style sometimes Mou is famous for... I just dont think it's as awesome as it used to be anymore.

@SunFlash: well, back in the day, we could alo say: "ohh that team looses the mid battle, being push back and only bite on counter". Or "you couldnt even have the ball to play, totally dominated".

Chelsea actually chose to do best again the two best squad. A game plan that worked for one but not another. Like Golazo and some said, lack of exp failed them.

This style, and the style sometimes Mou uses (against big team) and is famous for... I just dont think it's as awesome as it used to be anymore, and the "master plan" term is a bit too much

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11435

It works though

This, I feel this resume Mourinho and his style well, its not quite as genius as some might think, its ain't very flashy but for sure, it work. So there you have it. ;P Still, I personally prefer more offensive still of play and with a lot of attack. Don't hit me with stick for it. :P