Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Cristiano Ronaldo's Watches His Own Goals After Ireland Win
ArmyMen 3 years ago Edited
Arsenal, England 3 35

Cristiano Ronaldo breaks men's international scoring record with 110th and 111th goals

The 36-year-old scored two late headers - to break and extend the record - after he had a penalty saved by Gavin Bazunu.

Ali Daei, who scored 109 goals for Iran between 1993 and 2006, held the record which Ronaldo equalled with a double against France at Euro 2020.

The Manchester United forward has also equalled Sergio Ramos' European record for men's caps - with his 180th Portugal appearance.

The world record - only ratified by Fifa this summer - is the 195 Malaysia caps won by Soh Chin Ann between 1969 and 1984.

Ronaldo, who rejoined United from Juventus on deadline day, and Daei are the only two male players to score 90 or more international goals.

"I'm so happy, not only because I beat the record, but for the special moment that we had," he told RTE. "Two goals at the end of the game. I have to appreciate what the team did, we believed until the end. I'm so glad."

This is the latest landmark to push the argument for the Portuguese to be considered an all-time great.

He is already the top scorer in club football's top tournament, the European Cup/Champions League, a trophy he has won five times.

The former Real Madrid forward is also the top scorer in European Championship history (14) and in Euros and World Cups combined (21).

CR7 was so happy with his record-breaking heroics on Wednesday night that he watched his goals back on the team bus.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Cristiano Ronaldo breaks men's international scoring record with 110th and 111th goals

The 36-year-old scored two late headers - to break and extend the record - after he had a penalty saved by Gavin Bazunu.

Ali Daei, who scored 109 goals for Iran between 1993 and 2006, held the record which Ronaldo equalled with a double against France at Euro 2020.

The Manchester United forward has also equalled Sergio Ramos' European record for men's caps - with his 180th Portugal appearance.

The world record - only ratified by Fifa this summer - is the 195 Malaysia caps won by Soh Chin Ann between 1969 and 1984.

Ronaldo, who rejoined United from Juventus on deadline day, and Daei are the only two male players to score 90 or more international goals.

"I'm so happy, not only because I beat the record, but for the special moment that we had," he told RTE. "Two goals at the end of the game. I have to appreciate what the team did, we believed until the end. I'm so glad."

This is the latest landmark to push the argument for the Portuguese to be considered an all-time great.

He is already the top scorer in club football's top tournament, the European Cup/Champions League, a trophy he has won five times.

The former Real Madrid forward is also the top scorer in European Championship history (14) and in Euros and World Cups combined (21).

CR7 was so happy with his record-breaking heroics on Wednesday night that he watched his goals back on the team bus.

Comments
Emobot7 3 years ago
538 11432

I'm sure lots of footballer naturally watch their own action a lot, either to see what they could do better or to remember what they did right and should aim to do again. Oviously, in this case, there must a bit of pride involved as well. Anyway, congrats to CR7 for the record, its well deserved.

Footy_watch 3 years ago
Arsenal, Brazil 23 1856

They are record breaking goals, they deserve to be watched again