Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Cristiano Ronaldo facing £13 million tax fraud charge!
DarioUtd 7 years ago
Manchester United 27 493

Hello everyone! I've seen some interesting news!!

CR7 facing tax fraud charge

Spanish prosecutors made the announcement today!

What do you guys think about all this?? Leave your thoughts below! :D

Comments
Aiden_Finland 7 years ago
Real Madrid, Finland 18 1236

Don't believe its true even with Messi they are both good human beings its the media they are the the ones who come up with all this rubbish. I believe Ronaldo is the highest payed athlete so £13 million would be nothing to him.

DarioUtd 7 years ago
Manchester United 27 493

Absolutely right! I agree with you, like Messi said the other day that in reality, the rivalry between them was invented by the media/press, not themselves... They at least try to respect each other like everyone should! And yeah £13 million would be nothing for Ronaldo!! Lol!

quikzyyy 7 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

Even if you're one of the highest paid footballers you certainly wouldn't throw 13M...

raimondo90 7 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

I read a rather quick summery of the case on a different article and they are trying to imply that he did it consciously and they are rather confident he will be found guilty just like Messi (unless Real manage to flex some real political power to clear him).

In all honesty I feel that about 90% of the top earning players do similar tricks to avoid taxes. Its silly really. They make so much money that paying taxes would be a lot easier. Especially for Ronaldo and Messi who earn so much and donate a good amount to charities which counts a deductibles from taxes.

Dynastian98 7 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

Wait until the verdict of the court. Innocent until proven guilty. If he is guilty, then like @Rai said, it's quite the unnecessary thing to do from Messi & Ronaldo because they earn millions and donate millions as well.

tiki_taka 7 years ago Edited
Barcelona, France 367 9768

only difference here is that the case of Messi is brought one week before the clasico, same for Neymar one year later. For Ronaldo they wait until the end of the season.
Judges who condemned Messi are regular Bernabeu attenders, in buisness seats few meters far from the direction, no accusation made but you understand why i dont like the situation...

@AIDEN Players concentrate on Football, their financial advisers do the job like any millioneer in this planet, taxes are for lower classes, 99% of rich people do not pay whole taxes.
some ways are legal others not legal, and legal/illegal differs depending on the country, what could be legal in Panama or Monaco could be illegal in Spain, but it remains only technincs to pay less...
Thats not shocking, any player can be under the radar if necessary, and it doesnt only apply on Footballers but rich people in general.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

only difference here is that the case of Messi is brought one week before the clasico, same for Neymar one year later. For Ronaldo they wait until the end of the season.
Judges who condemned Messi are regular Bernabeu attenders, in buisness seats few meters far from the direction, no accusation made but you understand why i dont like the situation...

Dynastian98 7 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

Messi's was an ongoing trial that lasted a long time. Ronaldo hasn't even been proven guilty yet.

I think you have an unhealthy obsession with Real Madrid and Ronaldo. I recommend a psychiatrist.

tiki_taka 7 years ago Edited

Its not me who make threads each time i heard a news, its you so maybe you have same obsession right ?

hypocrisy can be healed too, feel disgraced for Messi and defend him now for an obvious reason...

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Its not me who make threads each time i heard a news, its you so maybe you have same obsession right ?

Dynastian98 7 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

I feel like you're genuinely just trolling at this point. I'm still uncertain if you're doing it intentionally or not.

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11426

@Dynast @tiki Guys, guys, no need to fight, can we at least agree its possible that both of those very rich footballer could very well have tried to evade the law and that now, there is a risk it coming back to bite them? It already happened with Messi and we will have to wait to be sure for Ronaldo like Dynast said. But I am one who believe there is rarely smoke without fire. Still, doesn't change the fact they are both good human being and both are superb football player, just like you two are awesome Footyroom user and very inteligent analyst. So even if they did made a mistake and did break the law, it doesn't change their current situation that much or the view people will have on them. So in all reality, there is no need to get in fight over it in my opinion, what do you guys think?

tiki_taka 7 years ago

Go ahead and ban me, there is no need to threat me, I will still respond you the way yo do

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11426

@tiki Man, don't be like that. :( I don't want you to be banned mate. Your analysis are just too good. :(

nigelpayne 7 years ago
Manchester United, England 15 484

when ur earning that much money your are taxed on something 50% of earnings so i can see how tax evasion could be an attractive proposition for top footballers

nigelpayne 7 years ago
Manchester United, England 15 484

ronaldo earns 32m a year so that's only 16m he actually keeps each year the reward is greater than the risk if he actually pulls it off...and we have no idea how long he could have been avoiding tax for...he may have already saved more than 13m which would mean he would still have made money from the escapade despite getting caught and fined....but that's if it's all true

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

Just a way to distract him from Champions League Final, it didn't work since he scored 2 goals and broke another record;

"I am very relaxed about it -- the truth is I'm very, very relaxed," Ronaldo said. "I know that these things can be resolved with the best decisions. So I am good. I can say [that] from the depth of my heart, looking straight into the camera.

"When you do things well you can go to bed feeling relaxed. And I sleep well always, always. So I am good, and only thinking about the Champions League final."

Nice try guys, you failed.

raimondo90 7 years ago

Failed at what exactly? This has blown up way after the champions league final.

Looking at the method he used to avoid it seems quite clear he will be guilty pr at least in my opinion. Using ireland's low tax to avoid the first years then selling his rights to a ghost company in a tax haven for about 75mil avoid all the taxes ever since.

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

Thia started just days before CL final, no effect on CR7 as I quoted him and as his mvp performance showed :)

amir_keal 7 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

I hope the people here are joking.

Taxes are paid by the AGENT. AGENT. Not player. Why do you think people like Ronaldo, Mourinho have been accused over tax over the last few years? They all have the same agent, that's why.

Messi, Ronaldo and whoever you think of in your life have nothing to do with this. It's the agent.

Personally, I didn't watch football to be surprised about a guy not paying his taxes. There's always people in the world that won't pay taxes, wheather they are rich, poor, working class, you name it.

It's moments like these that want to make me watch football. Not some athlete from Portugal who's agent has decided to be naughty and not pay taxes. And here people are arguing about who is innocent and who isn't lol.

raimondo90 7 years ago

@Amir that really depends on how you chose to manage your finances. In theory you could hire someone to do it (Messi did so claiming his father was in charge of the money so he was clueless yet he was charged guilty). I'm guessing that with the amount of money players are making they generally have someone manage it and in most cases it seems very poorly.
If you meant agent as in the the player agent such as Riola or Mendes I don't think that's part of their responsibility. They are just after sniffing the best contract possible. They represent the player on football matters not legal or financial matters.

@Golazo Sure it started but there was seriously a lack of coverage, I think the investigation hadn't even started yet. I remember it being mention but not in a significant way. I think most coverage was focused around hyping the final and since there's little to cover this is breaking. strong text