Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Could Malaga be mirroring Manchester City's path to success?
Boixosnois1981 11 years ago
Barcelona 49 508

I know its early.. but when Sheik Mansour bought the sky blues in 2008, they finished 10th, then 5th, then 3rd, then 1st. Progressing at quite a quick pace. When Malaga were bought by the rich Gulf owners, they finished 11th in 2010-2011, then last season finished in 4th to go to the Uefa champions league, do you guys think there ambitions will grow higher as seasons pass by? or is this the end of the road for Malaga?

Comments
Lodatz 11 years ago
Tottenham Hotspur, England 150 4992

I guess it all depends on how much they can really spend. There are numerous deals that could be made, especially picking up Bundesliga and Ligue 1 players, though that will alter their playing style somewhat. 

Basically, unless they really are going to spend 250 million to build a squad like Man City, I think their better bet would be to go the Tottenham route; picking up young (but still highly-priced) players, to build a 'new' squad.

They did really well to pick up older stars like Saviola, Baptista and Joaquin for not-that-much money, but, they need good youth and/or world-class stars, or else I think it'll be the end of the road, like you say, in a couple of years.

PuppetMaster 11 years ago
England 15 331

correct me if im wrong here  didnt malaga oil owner abandoned them this year or he come back to save malaga? tbh i dont think malaga cant top real madrid and barcelona even if they have the sugar daddy enabled