Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Conte out - Sarri in. Chelsea to pay £9 million
tuan_jinn 6 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

It is getting really close now.

Sad, but not really a big surprise follow Chelsea's last season rumors and hard end...

Conte took the Blues training on Thursday morning, but his exit is now imminent and Chelsea's players had the afternoon off.

This is gonna be hard, more transfer from Italia is going to Chelsea...

Ex-Napoli coach Sarri, meanwhile, could be presented as his replacement as early as Friday, with the Blues squad already informed over the change in management.

We have countless of debate about Conte's time at Chelsea. I would like to know your opinion on this :(. I think he should be given another year.

Comments
Hekasi 6 years ago Edited
Chelsea, England 7 764

I would love to have him for another one more year. He had better win rate than Jose had when he joined second time and Carlo Ancelotti , He gave us Title and FA cup but we still sack him. This club is joke and so are fans for wanting conte out. Just should have gave him money and one year more. Sarri will be sacked next season, Just wait and watch. Joke Club.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

I would love to have been for another one more year. He had better win rate than Jose had when he joined second time, He gave us Title and FA cup but we still sack him. This club is joke and so are fans for wanting conte out. Just should have gave him money and one year more. Sarri will be sacked next season, Just wait and watch. Joke Club.

I would love to have him for another one more year. He had better win rate than Jose had when he joined second time, He gave us Title and FA cup but we still sack him. This club is joke and so are fans for wanting conte out. Just should have gave him money and one year more. Sarri will be sacked next season, Just wait and watch. Joke Club.

amir_keal 6 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

I also can't see why Conte went tbh

iHEARTfootball 6 years ago
Manchester United 38 1000

This was poorly timed. Very unprofessional on Abramovich's part. Poor Conte indeed.

Jimbet 6 years ago
Arsenal, Malaysia 12 1292

enter image description here

According to Sky Sports today, Chelsea are claiming that the Italian is in breach of contract, after he alienated a number of players as well as their being ‘complete breakdown in communication’.

Over the course of his second season in charge, he has also alienated a number of other players, including David Luiz, Willian, Eden Hazard and Thibaut Courtois, all of who have been linked with moves away from the club this summer.

Sky Sports also claim that there was ‘a complete breakdown in communication with the club’s board,’ with the case now seemingly heading for the law courts with both parties yet to agree on the compensation that the Italian is due.

tuan_jinn 6 years ago

Damn it :(

With all due respects, I wouldn't be surprised if this is another Chelsea's top management butchery...

Conte's case, things are getting uglier by day...

Emobot7 6 years ago Edited
538 11426

To be completely sincere, Conte conduct had been weird from the beggining of last summer, the way he send off Diego Costa after the striker had played a key role in the previous league win wasn't normal at all. After that, David Luiz completely dissapeared from the circulation leading me to think he was either injured like told or that he had a dispute with Conte which actually seem quite possible (could be because Luiz didn't agree with how Conte treated Costa). In reality, among all the coach I've seen, there been very few with the passion Antonio Conte has shown. Passion can be good but it can also be bad at other time if you see what I mean. :(

• History

To be completely sincere, Conte conduct had been weird from the beggining of the summer, the way he send off Diego Costa after the striker had played a key role in the previous league win wasn't normal at all. After that, David Luiz completely dissapeared from the circulation leading me to think he was either injured like told or that he had a dispute with Conte. In reality, among all the coach I've seen, there been very few with the passion Antonio Conte has shown. Passion can be good but it can also be bad at other time if you see what I mean. :(

legends16 6 years ago
Chelsea, England 39 783

@Emo
To be fair I don't blame Conte over the whole Costa thing. Costa had been pestering got a move even when Conte first joined and causing trouble. Conte managed to get a great half season out of him before he started causing trouble again and threatening to move to China. Therefore it was no surprise that Conte tried to seek a striker he could rely on in the next transfer window and so he told Costa bluntly what the situation is so he could move on and get the move he apparently wanted.

Costa was like a child running to the teacher hurt in a fight he started and tried to get sympathy, but in reality it was his fault.

the_bald_genius 6 years ago
10 1583

indeed chelsea have deep history with italians. ranieri, zola, di matteo, ancelotti, conte and now sarri

raimondo90 6 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

Chelsea's main issue in my opinion seems to be the players mentality. The way they go from champions under Mou to average next season and then repeat that under Conte leads me to think it's more than the coach or Abramovic (although he Is partly responsible).

Any idea where Conte is headed?

Emobot7 6 years ago Edited
538 11426

@legends16 It was completely alright from Conte to want to get rid of him don't get me wrong, but you have to be smart about it. There might be friend of this player in your club, do you really want to make turn them against you? Also, there is a way of doing thing, even if your pissed with a player and that he deserved it. What Conte did just wasn't proffessional sadly. Not saying it wasn't deserved but all thing considering, I believe he should have made an effort and be the better man about it. Thats all. :(

@Raimondo AC Milan maybe? Only place I can see him going atm but propably not, what with all their financial trouble.

• History

@legends16 It was completely alright from Conte to want to get rid of him don't get me wrong, but you have to be smart about it. There might be friend of this player in your club, do you really want to make turn them against you? Also, there is a way of doing thing, even if your pissed with a player and that he deserved it. What Conte did just wasn't proffessional sadly. Not saying it wasn't deserved but all thing considering, I believe he should have made an effort and be the better man about it. Thats all. :(

Eden17Hazard17 6 years ago Edited
Chelsea FC 157 4232

I loved Conte, apart from his team selection. The board screwed him over in the transfer window after winning the title, but I think many Chelsea fans would agree that he kept on playing guys like Bakayoko when they were consistently playing terribly.

Sarri is a good choice, but I hate the way our club does things. Bringing Conte back for preseason only to sack him a couple days later is just wrong. And then there was no message of thanks, in the 62 word (or something near that) statement made on the club website.

Honestly, if we polished up our game in the transfer market post successful campaigns, we wouldn't have this problem.

• History

I loved Conte, apart from his squad selection. The board screwed him over in the transfer window after winning the title, but I think many Chelsea fans would agree that he kept on playing guys like Bakayoko when they were consistently playing terribly.

Sarri is a good choice, but I hate the way our club does things. Bringing Conte back for preseason only to sack him a couple days later is just wrong. And then there was no message of thanks, in the 62 word (or something near that) statement made on the club website.

Honestly, if we polished up our game in the transfer market post successful campaigns, we wouldn't have this problem.

NovaRuk 6 years ago
Real Madrid/Barcelona, Malaysia 17 741

I know it's late but I feel so Sarri for Conte

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11426

@NovaRuk

tuan_jinn 6 years ago

Lollll

JaapStam 6 years ago
Manchester United, Australia 2 268

Via ESPNenter image description here

Ancelotti: Premier League and FA Cup Double. Sacked. 🏆🏆❌

Bobby Di Matteo: Champions League win. Sacked. 🏆❌

Rafa Benitez: Europa League winner (Securing UCL football). Sacked. 🏆❌

Mouinho: The godfather returns wins PL and then midway through next season. 🏆❌

Antonio Conte: EPL Winner in debut season. Wins FA cup as last match. Sacked. 🏆❌

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11426

Antonio Conte Statement:

“I would like to thank all of my friends at Chelsea Football Club for their hard work and support over the past two seasons which enabled us to win the Premier League and FA Cup together.

“To the players, whose talent and commitment was so important to our successes, I thank them for everything. It has been a pleasure working with them every day. To my staff, who always worked so hard, I must say thank you and well done for their professionalism and dedication throughout.

“I have enjoyed my time in England and London so much and I want to thank the Chelsea fans who have been amazing to me and my Family. It was fantastic for me to be able to share my emotions, passion and enthusiasm throughout two unforgettable seasons with these amazing Chelsea supporters, who will always stay in my heart.

“I hope Chelsea will continue to be successful and I wish everyone well for next season. I have made many memories during my time with Chelsea, which I will take with me into my next challenge.”

Conte is class. :(

legends16 6 years ago
Chelsea, England 39 783

Still sad at how everything worked out. Ok, Conte was a little hotheaded and pissed off some of the board and players but he was a class manager who's achievement of winning the league in his first season in the prem after Chelsea had finished 10th is underrated by many.

I have nothing but respect for Conte and wish him all the very best for the future, as do most of the fans. He was let down by the board and the statement they released when he left was frankly insulting. Not to mention the fact Chelsea are now seriously pursuing players who are as old as ones who Conte was refused because they were apparently too old. But my rant at the Chelsea board is for another day.

Thank you for everything Conte, every Chelsea fan will miss you and be forever grateful of how you rescued our club from potential crisis.

legends16 6 years ago
Chelsea, England 39 783

@Emo
Agree with what you said earlier.

@Jaapstam
Agree that Chelsea fire far too often but no-one thinks mourinho should have stayed after what happened that season.

Also, I was desperate for Conte to stay and I think the board should have backed him up with transfers but to be honest, much as I love Conte relations had got too bad between him and the board and some of the players for him to continue.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11426

relations had got too bad between him and the board and some of the players for him to continue.

Pretty much how I felt when I heard Conte was officialy fired. Sad but true, the relationship between Conte and Chelsea had just become beyong repair by that point. :(

tuan_jinn 6 years ago

Agree, but guys, if thats what happened more often more than 2 coaches, then I am more toward the idea of something definitely goes wrong with the culture, the players, the club or the management...

Its sad