Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Confirmed: Falcao has returned to Monaco following loan spell at United. Who should we buy next season?
TheGame 9 years ago Edited
Manchester United 104 1380

From MUFC official website:

Radamel Falcao has returned to AS Monaco following a season-long loan spell at Manchester United.

The 29-year-old Colombian striker joined the Reds on transfer deadline day in September, initially on a temporary basis and with an option to make the move permanent.

He made 29 appearances and scored four goals during nine months at Old Trafford, and he departs with the best wishes of the manager and everyone at the club.

Louis van Gaal told ManUtd.com: "Falcao is a top professional and a good human being. On behalf of myself and everyone at the club I would like to wish him well for the future."

This leaves the No.9 shirt vacant at United yet again. Who should we get next season?

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

From MUFC official website:

Radamel Falcao has returned to AS Monaco following a season-long loan spell at Manchester United.

The 29-year-old Colombian striker joined the Reds on transfer deadline day in September, initially on a temporary basis and with an option to make the move permanent.

He made 29 appearances and scored four goals during nine months at Old Trafford, and he departs with the best wishes of the manager and everyone at the club.

Louis van Gaal told ManUtd.com: "Falcao is a top professional and a good human being. On behalf of myself and everyone at the club I would like to wish him well for the future."

Comments
Enjoyneer_RED 9 years ago
Manchester United, England 43 257

reminds me of tevez , his speed and finishing skills , hope he really comes

ashwin1729 9 years ago Edited
Manchester United, England 10 704

I still believe we need to give Hernandez a proper chance. Don't forget Angelo Henriquez who has impressed a lot of people in Croatia this past season...I don't think we need to sign a striker. A defender (preferably RB) and a CDM; and we will be set.

Edit: Don't forget about Wilson, whom val Gaal likes very very much.

• History

I still believe we need to give Hernandez a proper chance. Don't forget Angelo Henriquez who has impressed a lot of people in Croatia this past season...I don't think we need to sign a striker. A defender (preferably RB) and a CDM; and we will be set.

TheGame 9 years ago
Manchester United 104 1380

@Ashwin, completely forgot about Henriquez! Yes we need to give him a proper chance. 29 goals in 36 games is insane. As for Chicha, idk. I think he had his shot for the past few seasons. @Red, Lacazette would be a beast in the PL. Reminds me of Defoe or a much more lethal Andrew Johnson in some ways.

ashwin1729 9 years ago
Manchester United, England 10 704

@Red&Game: Lacazette is a Wenger type of player, not van Gaal's. I highly doubt we will see him at United. I believe LVG's top priority this summer is a holding mid. We have all seen how we played with Carrick out. Blind is not ready to take Carrick's spot yet. I would really really like for us to get Clyne or van der Wiel! As for a holding mid, Schweinsteiger has been linked to us, and so is Gundogan. I'd rather get Gundogan.

On a different note, I know its very unlikely, but we should get Sterling.

Tuanis 9 years ago
Manchester United, England 86 2310

If Chicharito comes back I think we could hold on with those strikers we got for half a season more. We must definitely bring someone but a youngster would be the most appropriate choice as we already have two consolidated strikers who are not leaving the club any time soon. Any striker U23 would fit nicely, but one of our strikers must go, and that guy is probably going to be Van Persie.

SunFlash 9 years ago Edited
USA 19 3260

I have a lot of patience, so take this statement with that in mind.I don't see a problem with letting Van Persie go, bringing back Hernandez, and letting Wilson play some more. The United that I am used to watching is one that makes it own talent, either by bringing them up ourselves, or by buying them young and developing them.

I don't think we need to go out and spend more than 30 million euros on ANYONE.

If Ryan Giggs is truly our manager for the future, letting Van Gaal have his three years to develop his style and flair among United players is fine by me. Finishing in the top 2 should be our goal for next year. Winning the title, like Van Gaal said when he was hired, should be the third year goal, with Giggs coming after him.

I want a dynasty, one that is top of Europe for a decade to come. And you can't make that in a year. I'm happy to wait.

• History

I have a lot of patience, so take this statement with that in mind.I don't see a problem with letting Van Persie go, bringing back Hernandez, and letting Wilson play some more. The United that I am used to watching is one that makes it own talent, either by bringing them up ourselves, or by buying them young and developing them.I don't think we need to go out and spend more than 30 million euros on ANYONE. If Ryan Giggs is truly our manager for the future, letting Van Gaal have his three years to develop his style and flair among United players is fine by me. Finishing in the top 2 should be our goal for next year. Winning the title, like Van Gaal said when he was hired, should be the third year goal, with Giggs coming after him.I want a dynasty, one that is top of Europe for a decade to come. And you can't make that in a year. I'm happy to wait.

tuan_jinn 9 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

Additional: Falcao is desparate to join Chelsea and willing to have pay cut to do so. He shares the same agent with Mourinho, so it looks very much possible.

Tuanis 9 years ago
Manchester United, England 86 2310

He will stay at Monaco, no one in this world will pay his transfer fee which is about 50m, even if it was of about 25m Chelsea couldn't be so stupid ...

bluezz 9 years ago
Chelsea 14 724

I dont mind him on loan with with a LOW wage..