Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Club Classics and Folklore Games
ClubClassics 5 years ago
Crystal Palace, England 1 5

Dear all, we need your help.

We are researching club folklore games and also games that have particular great memories for you. We are looking for your own personal Club Classics and why they mean so much to you. What were your favourite games ever and why.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Rob

Comments
ClubClassics 5 years ago

My personal fav' from back in the day was the 1990 FA cup semi against Liverpool where Palace won 4-3 just a few months after being thumped 9-0 by the same team..

tuan_jinn 5 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

Sounds cool. What's the scope? EPL only or also other leagues or CL?

ClubClassics 5 years ago

We are happy to hear about any games that could be considered a Club Classic - the ones that still make you smile thinking about them or send a shiver down the spine..

tuan_jinn 5 years ago Edited

Definitely, Manchester - Bayern CL final 1998 - 1999.

Last minute won, it was incredible, the best year of football for us. I screamed and scared the whollleeeeeee neighborhood.

Especially with the last 5 dark ass years of MU, and now, I miss those days. :D

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Definitely, Manchester - Bayern CL final 1998.

Last minute won, it was incredible, the best year of football for us. I screamed and scared the whollleeeeeee neighborhood.

Especially with the last 5 dark ass years of MU, and now, I miss those days. :D

tuan_jinn 5 years ago

Those legends, we had everything, insane duo upfront, 2 best wingers, best goalie, best mid, best left and right backs. Sir Alex built and empire. We had David Beckham to deliver crosses game in game out that it curved more than my curviest banana. We ha Giggs to exploit left wings like a rocket... DAMNNN

enter image description here

ClubClassics 5 years ago

I just bet you do!!

Thanks for starting the replies.. come on everyone every fan has that kind of memory, let us hear about yours..

Tuanis 5 years ago
Manchester United, England 86 2310

Ill give you a few.

For Man Utd. the 4-3 vs City when Owen scored in the very last minute. It was on my birthday and I still remember it frame by frame and how exited I was.

Or that penalty shootout vs Chelsea in the CL fianl 2008.

For Roma, The goal Totti scored in one of his very last games vs Lazio. 2015 The game ended 2-2. The celebration and the context, Totti being an inmortal legend about to retire, in a Derby, just spectacular.

For River Plate. The final vs Boca will always live in my memory as one of the greatest finals I've witnessed. Those 2 first goals, I dont recall when was the last time I went so crazy while celebrating a goal.

If you specify what is the range or spectrum for the input I could go on with local and national teams if needed.

ClubClassics 5 years ago

Hi Tuanis
Classics from local and national teams are welcome - thanks for your input