Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

CL Quarters : Man City vs Liverpool talk.( Anfield )
tiki_taka 6 years ago Edited
Barcelona, France 367 9768

well If someone can do same with Madrid- Juve, im avoiding threads about Madrid for obvious reasons...

enter image description here

The Premier League's two most prolific outfits will pit their firepower against each other in the UEFA Champions League on Wednesday, as Liverpool welcome Manchester City to Anfield for what will be a tremendous occasion.

In the first leg of this quarter-final tie, City, the runaway leaders in the Premier League, will be seeking to tame what'll be a hostile atmosphere on Merseyside. However, Pep Guardiola's team have overcome most challenges that have been put in front of them in 2017-18.

Liverpool are the only team to have beaten the Manchester outfit in the top flight this season. The Reds will be confident of repeating that result, especially given star forward Mohamed Salah's sensational recent form.

A feast of ferocious and fantastic football is in store. Here are all the viewing details, to ensure a minute of this one isn't missed, and a preview of one of the standout last-eight matches.

Sometimes matches between domestic rivals in the Champions League are a little underwhelming, but anyone who enjoys football will be looking forward to the tussle between these two enterprising outfits.

The onus will be on Liverpool in the first leg, as they'll be roared on by their supporters with memories of their 4-3 win over City in mind from earlier in the campaign.

With Salah in such stunning form, the Reds will feel as though they can accomplish anything, too. After another goal to secure a late win for Liverpool at Crystal Palace on Saturday, football writer Andrew Beasley put the Egyptian's goalscoring exploits into context:

And, as noted below, Salah's extraordinary form has been causing quite a stir back in his homeland:

In addition to Salah, City will have the elusive Roberto Firmino and the dynamic Sadio Mane to cope with at Anfield. Guardiola will want to see his side do a better job here than they did in January, when the trio ran riot.

Yet City won't take a backwards step against Liverpool, and against Everton in the Premier League on Saturday, they were at their sizzling best, with Leroy Sane, Gabriel Jesus and Raheem Sterling pulling the Toffees apart in a stunning first-half show.

In the game against Liverpool at Anfield earlier in the season, the Reds smothered City in midfield, pouncing on Fernandinho whenever he was in possession and stopping the supply line from the Brazilian into David Silva and Kevin De Bruyne.

It'll be intriguing to see how Guardiola looks to go about combatting that press. However, as relayed by Kristof Terreur of Het Laatste Nieuws, the midfield linchpin appears better prepared for dealing with that type of challenge based on his performance on Saturday:

Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp will want to see his players make the most of the atmosphere and start quickly against City. If they can do that, get Salah into the game and upset City's mechanical passing, then they have a chance of taking an advantage to the Etihad Stadium for the second leg.

Yet the visitors appear ready for this almighty challenge. City are well-rested, in form and seemingly focused ahead of the biggest week in their season so far. They'll match Liverpool and give themselves an edge at the midpoint of this tantalising tie.

Prediction B/R: Liverpool 2-2 Manchester City

From Bleacher report. ( copy pasted dont have time to make mine sadly ) probably later if people could participate on Polls you're welcome.

My prediction : 3-1 Liverpool, Pep to play like in the league, Klopp to use same way that stopped City from buildind up triangles and isolate the player with the ball. Salah to score a brace lol.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

well If someone can do same with Madrid- Juve, im avoiding threads about Madrid for obvious reasons...

The Premier League's two most prolific outfits will pit their firepower against each other in the UEFA Champions League on Wednesday, as Liverpool welcome Manchester City to Anfield for what will be a tremendous occasion.

In the first leg of this quarter-final tie, City, the runaway leaders in the Premier League, will be seeking to tame what'll be a hostile atmosphere on Merseyside. However, Pep Guardiola's team have overcome most challenges that have been put in front of them in 2017-18.

Liverpool are the only team to have beaten the Manchester outfit in the top flight this season. The Reds will be confident of repeating that result, especially given star forward Mohamed Salah's sensational recent form.

A feast of ferocious and fantastic football is in store. Here are all the viewing details, to ensure a minute of this one isn't missed, and a preview of one of the standout last-eight matches.

Sometimes matches between domestic rivals in the Champions League are a little underwhelming, but anyone who enjoys football will be looking forward to the tussle between these two enterprising outfits.

The onus will be on Liverpool in the first leg, as they'll be roared on by their supporters with memories of their 4-3 win over City in mind from earlier in the campaign.

With Salah in such stunning form, the Reds will feel as though they can accomplish anything, too. After another goal to secure a late win for Liverpool at Crystal Palace on Saturday, football writer Andrew Beasley put the Egyptian's goalscoring exploits into context:

And, as noted below, Salah's extraordinary form has been causing quite a stir back in his homeland:

In addition to Salah, City will have the elusive Roberto Firmino and the dynamic Sadio Mane to cope with at Anfield. Guardiola will want to see his side do a better job here than they did in January, when the trio ran riot.

Yet City won't take a backwards step against Liverpool, and against Everton in the Premier League on Saturday, they were at their sizzling best, with Leroy Sane, Gabriel Jesus and Raheem Sterling pulling the Toffees apart in a stunning first-half show.

In the game against Liverpool at Anfield earlier in the season, the Reds smothered City in midfield, pouncing on Fernandinho whenever he was in possession and stopping the supply line from the Brazilian into David Silva and Kevin De Bruyne.

It'll be intriguing to see how Guardiola looks to go about combatting that press. However, as relayed by Kristof Terreur of Het Laatste Nieuws, the midfield linchpin appears better prepared for dealing with that type of challenge based on his performance on Saturday:

Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp will want to see his players make the most of the atmosphere and start quickly against City. If they can do that, get Salah into the game and upset City's mechanical passing, then they have a chance of taking an advantage to the Etihad Stadium for the second leg.

Yet the visitors appear ready for this almighty challenge. City are well-rested, in form and seemingly focused ahead of the biggest week in their season so far. They'll match Liverpool and give themselves an edge at the midpoint of this tantalising tie.

Prediction B/R: Liverpool 2-2 Manchester City

From Bleacher report. ( copy pasted dont have time to make mine sadly ) probably later if people could participate on Polls you're welcome.

My prediction : 3-1 Liverpool, Pep to play like in the league, Klopp to use same way that stopped City from buildind up triangles and isolate the player with the ball. Salah to score a brace lol.

Comments
the_bald_genius 6 years ago
10 1583

@emo, I think de bruyne is not suspended since it's his 4th yellow card.

quikzyyy 6 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

that performance was stunning, but if City scores fast goal at Etihad it will be very interesting, can't wait for 2nd leg!

Emobot7 6 years ago Edited
538 11435

@thebaldgenius Then it will be even more interesting at the Etihad!

@quikzyyy Yep, its obviously not impossible to come back at home from a 3-0 defeat but they will need to be very solid, if City concede one in second leg, I think it will be extremely difficult for them to win it.

• History

@thebaldgenius Then it will be even more interesting at the Etihad!

@quikzyyy Yep, its obviously not impossible to come back at home from a 3 one defeat but they will need to be very solid, if City concede one in second leg, I think it will be extremely difficult for them to win it.

Croatian 6 years ago
Bayern Munich, Croatia 23 1323

Klopp literally humiliated Pep. Masterclass from Liverpool.

tiki_taka 6 years ago Edited

@Nanda Don’t worry, you got the best cup coach in the world, Pep May be the best in term of league consistency. Klopp edges him in H2H situations, when you are dominated tactically, you need an X-factor to make magic, could have been Sane but he is not ready yet to climb to the next level...

Liverpool has an X-factor, who have shown them The way in one acceleration...

• History

@Nanda Don’t worry, you got the best cup coach in the world, Pep May be the best in term of league consistency. Klopp edges him in H2H situations, when you are dominated tactically, you need an X-factor to make magic, could have been Sane but he is not ready yet to climb to the next level...

tuan_jinn 6 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

That EXACTLY how you should play at HOME with such attacking force and home crowd. You take advantage of the noise and the enthusiasm of the crowd and you blow the away team away. (taking that the home team have a decent squad).

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11435

@tiki Yeah Pep might have been better starting Sterling, definetly more deadly than Gundogan and more useful for turning thing around. Also, was Aguero injured? Cause Gabriel Jesus don't have the level yet to perform well in game like this one for me.

@tuan Indeed, twas a beautifull display from Liverpool, took full advantage from the situation in the first half. Its a bit sad they couldn't keep it up in the second half. :(

Marcus2011 6 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

Can Liverpool go through this fixture and even win the CL? Yes, if their defense holds out then their attack will devaste any defense in the world.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11435

@Marcus2011 Your hyping me up for the rest of competition, hope they go trough the semi! :D

Golefty 6 years ago
Toronto FC 27 1016

another amazing match in the klopp-Pepp Rivarly, every time their teams meet the games are great, back in the bundesliga too

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11435

@Golefty Thats true, now that I think about it, they also have a strong rivality going with each other. Those top manager just can't get enough of playing each other if you want my opinion. ;P

amir_keal 6 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

Pep vs Klopp, and a Klopp victory. As tiki stated, Pep is an excellent League coach, his style of football means they will create chances for themselves and in turn the opponents don't see much of the ball. This works really well against most sides. But in European ties, I doubt he has the capacity to switch things. He was really good at Barcelona, and his team was too, but sometimes the team gets really underappreciated, Xavi Iniesta Busquets were perfect mid, Messi Villa Pedro/Sanchez perfect attack, and perfect defense too. He only has 4 wins out of 23 away ties in the Champions League, believe it or not. For a guy who managed Barcelona, City, and Bayern, I'm simply expecting more. The reason why managers such as Jupp Heynckes are really good in Europe is because he is able to adapt. Against Barcelona when he won 7 0 he played counter attacking football, and it simply worked. He doesn't stick to one thing, he changes when he needs to,

I also don't get why Laporte played LB. He is good but he has almost never played there. To play him in this tie was a huge risk, and it didn't pay off at all. You could say goal 3 was his fault.

With that being said, the players also let him down. Sane kept making mistake, Silva was quiet, De Bruyne passing was off, defense not as good, and Jesus didn't really do much and help out. Even though it is Liverpool and they are like fire when it comes to defending, their defense was superb against City, and it's hard to think of a comeback.

Well done for reaching the semi final Liverpool! Fully deserved.

the_bald_genius 6 years ago
10 1583

yep, pep's football philosophy is really effectively countered by klopp's pressing football. jupp heynckes is the only wildcard manager to stop liverpool if the teams were drawn against each other. tbf, pep, mou and klopp really sticks to their belief on how to approach football. they are the managers that won't really change much no matter who the opposition. klopp is effective against pep. pep is effective against mou. mou is effective against klopp. for example,if man utd gets passed sevilla and drawn against liverpool, I am pretty sure the chance of liverpool to semifinal would be slimmer due to inferior tactics. in champions league, the draw is everything even though you can't really blame luck and uefa if a team fails. off course, credit to liverpool for keeping the cleansheet but you also need luck whatever the tactics.

Marcus2011 6 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

@emo

Are you rooting for Liverpool now? I am rooting for Klopp and english club but in this case I am just against Pep - the genius one. And I am happy to see all that money spent and City is sinking.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11435

@Marcus2011 You know I'm neutral and love to root for the underdog, so while I'm not a Liverpool supporter, I would love to see them do well against the like of Barca, Real and Bayern, thats it. I think it would be epic if they met them and gave them a good game at least. As for City, I have no problem with them, but if Liverpool stand a better chance at going farther than them in case of a victory, I obviously hope the Reds end up being the one to make it to the semi.

@amir So true. Good analysis mate. ;)

tiki_taka 6 years ago

Let’s not forget after complimenting Liverpool amazing display that their first goal was offside, while City refused goal wasn’t offside. It had a Huge impact on the score sheet and the game dynamic.
Liverpool deserved to win but the result is Harsh, I won’t rule City out atm. Remontadas are never too far with attacking machines...

SunFlash 6 years ago
USA 19 3260

Well done for reaching the semi final Liverpool! Fully deserved.

Brave.

I won’t rule City out atm

Agreed.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11435

@tiki @Sun Well, City could comeback at home but truth is, I think they lack depth to make so many big game one after another. Like you said however, its isn't over till it is.

raimondo90 6 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

Holy fuck City has been screwed hard this match up. Another wrongfully disallowed goal. That's a god damn 3 goal swing if you take the two other incidents in the first leg.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11435

@rai Yeah, I thought as much earlier when they canceled Sane goal. I'm not City biggest fan but thats kind of dissapointing, also, was expecting much better from Liverpool they play way to carefully and don't press as much as they should.