Juventus vs Bayern Munich

Liverpool vs Manchester City

Comments
tiki_taka 6 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Dream draw.

quikzyyy 6 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

I really wanted Sevilla vs Roma, damn.. Liverpool vs City should be most entertaining, imo.

Pupper 6 years ago
Juventus 0 214

Barcelona and Bayern already through to the semis. The other 2 matches should be entertaining though. Could be a really interesting semi this season with Barca, Bayern, City + Real/Juve.

raimondo90 6 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

Damn some solid games here. Mostly looking forward to seeing juve-real and City-liverpool. Hopefully they play on separate days so I don't have to chose which to watch.

I wouldn't discount Roma or Sevilla yet. It's two legged games and silly mistakes (ex:Chelsea/Utd/Spurs) can get you knocked out in a matter of minutes. They are obviously underdogs but there's always the chance for a miracle.

Emobot7 6 years ago Edited
538 11432

Bayern Munich is getting the Real Madrid treatment this year, first Besiktas and now Sevilla. :P

But yeah, obviously, Liverpool vs Man City and Real vs Juventus are gonna be the most interesting games. Juventus will want to take their revenge and City will have something to prove against the only team who beat them so badly in the PL this year. Barca could technically lose against Roma if the former were in bad from and the latter in the same form that they played against Chelsea this season.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Bayern Munich is getting the Real Madrid treatment this year, first Besiktas and now Roma. :P

But yeah, obviously, Liverpool vs Man City and Real vs Juventus are gonna be the most interesting games. Juventus will want to take their revenge and City will have something to prove against the only team who beat them so badly in the PL this year. Barca could technically lose against Roma if the former were in bad from and the latter in the same form that they played against Chelsea this season.

Golazo111 6 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

Bayern has been losing to spanish teams in recent years, Juventus has been winning against Real in the knockouts, gonna be fun watching those.

Golazo111 6 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

Bayern Munich is getting the Real Madrid treatment this year, first Besiktas and now Roma. :P

Wrong on more than one level.

the_bald_genius 6 years ago
10 1583

bad draw for city, but entertaining for sure. game of passing is weak against pressing. can't wait to see how pep adapted from his 4-3 loss. looks like luck is on barcelona side this season. perfect chance for juve to get back at the team they lost to in the final. on real madrid's perspective, this is bad because history shows that once barcelona passed the quarterfinal, real madrid is always knocked out on the semifinal.

Emobot7 6 years ago Edited
538 11432

@Golazo That was technically a joke refering to the year Real played against Roma, then against Wolfburg to reach the semi, so is it really wrong? I mean, yeah they lost against Barcelona, Atletico and Real in past years but those two were at their best back then. Sevilla isn't even close to their best at the moment, so how exactly are they gonna make it hard for Bayern? Just because of history of losing against Spanish team? I mean, even if they win, they might have to play Barca or Real so they might yet be eliminated by a Spanish side if thats what you think will happen. :P

Edit: Oh right, sorry, I said Roma instead of Sevilla, my bad. XD

• History

@Golazo That was technically a joke refering to the year Real played against Roma, then against Wolfburg to reach the semi, so is it really wrong? I mean, yeah they lost against Atletico and Real in past years but those two were at their best back then. Sevilla isn't even close to their best at the moment, so how exactly are they gonna make it hard for Bayern? Just because of history of losing against Spanish team? I mean, even if they win, they might have to play Barca or Real so they might yet be eliminated by a Spanish side. :P

@Golazo That was technically a joke refering to the year Real played against Roma, then against Wolfburg to reach the semi, so is it really wrong? I mean, yeah they lost against Barcelona, Atletico and Real in past years but those two were at their best back then. Sevilla isn't even close to their best at the moment, so how exactly are they gonna make it hard for Bayern? Just because of history of losing against Spanish team? I mean, even if they win, they might have to play Barca or Real so they might yet be eliminated by a Spanish side if thats what you think will happen. :P

Marcus2011 6 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

hahaha ofcourse by the gods miracle hand we get these incredible draws where EPL teams meet each other in quarter final. I still don't believe any of these are random.

Anyways, poor Juve will be out, Barcelona , Bayern , Real and Liverpool. Same wolves every year and different "sheep" to join them.

Golazo111 6 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

There are no weak teams anymore;
AS Roma was first in the group ahead of Chelsea and Atletico and knocked out Shakhtar that has at least 5 Brazilians in their squad, they are no pushovers. With the right tactic and no mistakes they can cause a lot of problems for Barcelona.
Sevilla played 2 draws with Liverpool and just knocked out Man United so even they are not a naive team. They can upset Bayern just as easy.

Out of all teams the only one that nobody can mess with is Real Madrid and even they lost to Juventus more than once in the recent years when looking just at the knockout stage so nothing is secure.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@Golazo Fair enough, I was trying to make a joke but if we're actually think about it seriously, you don't make it by this point out of luck, you gotta have some actual skill. My only worry is that when Sevilla drawed against Liverpool, they seemed, to me at least, a much better team. More dangerous and better coercion. They might have improve defensively thanks to Montela but they aren't quite as good at scoring goal imo. But saying they would be easy was too much, I take it back.

raimondo90 6 years ago

I rather be matched against Sevilla or Roma instead of Bayern or Real. They aren't easy teams.to beat but they are the easiest of what's left. My personal order for the remaining teams:

Barca/Bayern
Real
City
Juve
Liverpool
Roma
Sevilla

Golazo111 6 years ago Edited
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

Some teams tend to be much more annoying to play against as the tournament goes further for them, one of those teams is Real Madrid so this is a good chance for Juventus to take some revenge from last year, if Real Madrid doesn't get kicked out by Juventus it's almost too hard to not expect them reaching the final for the 4th time in 5 years.

Fattigue and stamina will play a role;

I think if Barcelona keeps their gameplan and play calculated football they can go all the way to the final but already against Chelsea they looked affected by the game tempo.
It does look like the coach Valverde is taking care of the players as much as he can, he's maybe the first since Pep that really put his own mark on the team of Barcelona, Busquets and Iniesta getting subbed when the tie or game was over showed that he understands his players and they are very stable in defense so if they can take it easy in La Liga and prepare for each game in CL properly they can go all the way to the finals, so they might just win a treble if they don't burn out since they are in the Copa Del Rey final once again.

Bayern to me is the only team that I'm not sure about because their league is just not a good indicator of how well they can do in CL but they can very easy look to win a treble as well since even in their domestic cup they are in the semi final against Leverkusen, which they beat in the league both times 3:1 already so they will most probably go to play in the final of the cup, win the league and they are close to the semi final of CL so their ambition is just as big as the one of Barcelona.

Juventus is just like Barcelona and Bayern, trying to win the league once again, in the final of Coppa Italia and really hungry for the CL title, another team that can win a treble, these remaining teams are simply the best european teams at the moment.

Manchester City maybe lacks the experience to win it but honestly so far they have had a nice road, their group was not as hard and the first knockout round was also not as hard so with the squad depth that they have they might be able to edge out all of the remaining teams, they won carabao cup and will win the league so part from getting kicked out from the FA Cup they look very much comparable to Barcelona and Bayern.

So my ranking is:
Real Madrid
Barcelona
Bayern
Juventus
Manchester City

@Emo Maybe everything balanced itself out now, Liverpool got a bit more stable in defense and so did Sevilla but it's a big challenge for them to show if their strenghts are good enough for these teams they will meet, though to be fair maybe it's slightly easier for Liverpool since they are more familiar with Man City since they play in the same league but then again that goes both ways so it can also backfire.

• History

Some teams tend to be much more annoying to play against as the tournament goes futher for them, one of those teams is Real Madrid so this is a good chance for Juventus to take some revenge from last year, if Real Madrid doesn't get kicked out by Juventus it's almost too hard to not expect them reaching the final for the 4th time in 5 years.

Fattigue and stamina will play a role;

I think if Barcelona keeps their gameplan and play calculated football they can go all the way to the final but already against Chelsea they looked affected by the game tempo.
It does look like the coach Valverde is taking care of the players as much as he can, he's maybe the first since Pep that really put his own mark on the team of Barcelona, Busquets and Iniesta getting subbed when the tie or game was over showed that he understands his players and they are very stable in defense so if they can take it easy in La Liga and prepare for each game in CL properly they can go all the way to the finals, so they might just win a treble if they don't burn out since they are in the Copa Del Rey final once again.

Bayern to me is the only team that I'm not sure about because their league is just not a good indicator of how well they can do in CL but they can very easy look to win a treble as well since even in their domestic cup they are in the semi final against Leverkusen, which they beat in the league both times 3:1 already so they will most probably go to play in the final of the cup, win the league and they are close to the semi final of CL so their ambition is just as big as the one of Barcelona.

Juventus is just like Barcelona and Bayern, trying to win the league once again, in the final of Coppa Italia and really hungry for the CL title, another team that can win a treble, these remaining teams are simply the best european teams at the moment.

Manchester City maybe lacks the experience to win it but honestly so far they have had a nice road, their group was not as hard and the first knockout round was also not as hard so with the squad depth that they have they might be able to edge out all of the remaining teams, they won carabao cup and will win the league so part from getting kicked out from the FA Cup they look very much comparable to Barcelona and Bayern.

So my ranking is:
Real Madrid
Barcelona
Bayern
Juventus
Manchester City

@Emo Maybe everything balanced itself out now, Liverpool got a bit more stable in defense and so did Sevilla but it's a big challenge for them to show if their strenghts are good enough for these teams they will meet, though to be fair maybe it's slightly easier for Liverpool since they are more familiar with Man City since they play in the same league but then again that goes both ways so it can also backfire.

Tacuachillo 6 years ago
Barcelona, Mexico 8 242

Predictions:

Barca
RM
Bayern
Liverpool - I'm predicting an upset on Man City.

quikzyyy 6 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

I want some surprise, anyone with me?

the_bald_genius 6 years ago
10 1583

Liverpool is the best surprise you can expect. it's the wildcard of this competition. can't wait for big teams to test out klopp's pressing game which have not prove it's worth yet outside england. so far I can only see juventus and bayern as a counter, because looks like only these 2 would afford to play long ball.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@quikzyyy enter image description here

nandaYNWA 6 years ago
Liverpool, Australia 87 946

im not saying im confident about beating city, and this will probably come back to haunt me, but i think we'll knock them out. the only team to have beaten them convincingly has been us. klopp has beaten guardiola more times than any other manager. the second leg being away isnt ideal, ill admit. but im optimistic. weve beaten them before when we were equal on the pitch, and we can do it again!

raimondo90 6 years ago

@nanda, I wouldn't call Liverpool's win over City a convincing one. That day city made a lot of mistakes at the back especially gifting Salah a goal with a terrible clearence. City almost pulled off a comeback, too. Both teams were pretty bad at the back that day. It was certainly an even match were both teams had good spells on offense. Hoping for a lot of thrills over both legs, maybe something similar to Monaco-City?