Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

CL 2022-2023 Group Stage
Comments
DarthFooty 2 years ago
Queens Park Rangers, United States 36 1094

Group C is nasty!

My Picks:
Group A= Liverpool, Napoli (possibly Ajax, though they are getting picked through on transfers again)
Group B= Atletico, Porto
Group C= Bayern, Barca (Inter can easily fall into second as well)
Group D= Tottenham, Marselle
Group E= Milan, Chelsea
Group F= Real Madrid, Leipzig
Group G= Man City, Dortmund (Sevilla can challenge for second)
Group H= PSG, Juventus

Emobot7 2 years ago
538 11426

Group A and B are quite contested for me, Liverpool depending on form and injury could not make it out of their group and pretty to tell who will top group B.

Group C is just nasty, Bayern favorite to top it and I expect Barca and Inter to be very close in term of point, feel bad for Plzen, worked hard to get there only to fight 3 historical juggernauts.

Group D is advantageous for Tottenham but none of the other teams are pushover, expect this one to be close as well.

Group E should be topped by Chelsea, expect Milan and Salzburg to fight for second spot.

Group F should be an easy group for Madrid, depending on form and performance, anyone could take second spot I think.

Group G has 3 pretty strong team, City obviously being a step above the rest should finish first and the second spot should be between Dortmund and Sevilla

Group H is another pretty tough groupe, PSG on current form should top this but don't count out teams like Benfica and Juventus which standing is huge enough to create offset at time.

I'm just amazed how good most of those group are. We got a lot of rivality as well like Bayern vs Barca and Lewandoski, Haaland vs BVB, Atletico vs Porto who were in same group last year, Liverpool also had Napoli and Ajax not too long ago or Real Madrid and Shakthtar (swear those two been playing against each other for 3 year in row or something).

quikzyyy 2 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

19/20 Slavia Praha - Barcelona, BVB, Inter
22/23 Plzen - Barcelona, Bayern, Inter

Czech teams just can't catch a break

DarthFooty 2 years ago Edited
Queens Park Rangers, United States 36 1094

Something I completed didn't pay attention to was the earlier start time to CL this year due to the WC. Will make for some very interesting matchups with current form or injury lists.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Something I completed didn't pay attention to was the earlier start time to CL this year due to the WC. Will make sore some very interesting matchups with current form or injury lists.

Algerino 2 years ago
Napoli, Algeria 6 844

Group C is group of death

penny0067 2 years ago
0 15

The early start time of CL this year owing to the WC was something I completely overlooked. with current form or injury lists, will result in some extremely intriguing games.

quikzyyy 2 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

pretty surprised by Chelsea so far to be said..

Emobot7 2 years ago
538 11426

@quikzyyy Chelsea and Juventus are both the biggest dissapointement as far as big team are concerned. Their league form haven't been that great honestly either so maybe its ain't that surprising but still, team of their class shouldn't be that low on point after 2 games, hopefully for them, they'll bounce back and its ain't too late for them already.

penny0067 2 years ago
0 15

Something I completely overlooked this year was the early start time to CL owing to the WC. With current form or injury lists, this will provide for some extremely fascinating matches.

Emobot7 1 year ago
538 11426

Seem like a good time to return to this now that we know a lot of the team who will make it to the next phase and also some of those who wont.

Seeing the like of Barca, Juventus, Atletico Madrid all failling to qualify is pretty interesting. I mean, Juventus is just being terrible right now despite Benfica having a good form. Barca not beating Inter in any of 2 game is not good enough for them and finally, Atletico chocked harder than me when I try to eat too much St-Hubert fries in a single bite.

Also, Napoli with the perfect record as of now is super impressive, thing most of us really underestimated them. Liverpool in the same group elevating their level in Europe compared to that of the PL is impressive.

Club Brugge super impressive beggining of the campaign is enough to see them through and Porto getting away as well with 3 win in a row in their last game.

Bayern were just too strong for anyone else in their group and i kinda expect them to beat Inter as well to make it a perfect record.

Group D is super interesting and everything could still happen, wouldn't be surprised if Marseille somehow managed to beat Spurs, especially after Conte got red-carded in last game.

Chelsea despite the rough start did more than enough to qualify and AC Milan vs Salzburg will be key to know who goes to the next round, I'm hoping its Milan honestly but we'll see.

Real are through but the draw against Shaktar and the defeat to Leipzig took some momentum away from them I feel, hopefully, the last game being vs Celtic should make it easy for them to finish top of the group even if Leipzig would go on to win against Shaktar.

City with the two dissapointing game in a row in the CL. Starting to think Marhez shouldn't shoot the pen... Dortmund set for the next turn as well, great to see Bellingham still in the CL, he's been really outstanding this season and kinda want to see more of him.

Finally, last game in group H will decide who between PSG and Benfica will finish top of the group. PSG would reatically need to beat Juventus to have a chance at this as I don't see Benfica losing vs Maccabi Haifa even if they did had a great campaign considering who they were up against.

quikzyyy 1 year ago
Arsenal 429 9002

Europa League looking stacked this season!

Emobot7 1 year ago Edited
538 11426

@quikzyyy Yes, very much so, they already have Arsenal, PSV, Betis, Real Sociedad, Manchester United, potentially Roma and now they are getting Barcelona, Sevilla, potentially Ajax, Juventus, Atletico Madrid and they might get any member from group D which include Spurs, Sporting, Frankfurt (last year winner) and Marseille. Could also mention they are getting one of Leipzig/Shaktar and one of Milan/Salzburg. Lots of those team could potentially go super far in the tournament and even win it all. Its really quite interesting.

• History

@quikzyyy Yes, very much so, they already have Arsenal, PSV, Betis, potentially Roma, Real Sociedad, Manchester United and now they are getting Barcelona, Sevilla, potentially Ajax, Juventus, Atletico Madrid and they might get any member from group D which include Spurs, Sporting, Frankfurt (last year winner) and Marseille. Could also mention they are getting one of Leipzig/Shaktar and one of Milan/Salzburg. Lots of those team could potentially go super far in the tournament and even win it all. Its really quite interesting.

Algerino 1 year ago
Napoli, Algeria 6 844

Napoli the dark horse💪

Emobot7 1 year ago
538 11426

@Algerino For sure they are, one of the best thing for Napoli as well is that lots of their key player are missing the world cup so they don't have a big risk like other teams to lose steam because of the world cup, really wish for Napoli to win a trophy this year, I think its one of their best chance in a long time and if they keep playing like they did, they'd really deserve one.

quikzyyy 1 year ago
Arsenal 429 9002

Kvaracchelija is unreal, fantastic player

Emobot7 1 year ago Edited
538 11426

@quikzyyy Indeed, can't remember his full name for the live of me though. I just call him Kvara.

I'd also say that I'm a big fan from Victor Osimhen though, I know his transfer fee was talked about a lot when he came over to Napoli but damn what a beast, his mentality is great, he got this desire to win that you see in top team player, I really like him a lot. The whole team is great but offensively, Kvara and Osimhen really are the stand out player for me.

• History

@quikzyyy Indeed, can't remember his full name for the live of me though. I just call him Kvara.

I'd also say that I'm a big fan from Victor Osimhen though, I know his transfer fee was talked about a lot when he came over to Napoli but damn what a beast, his mentality is great, he got this desire to win that you see in top team player, I really like him a lot. The whole is great but offensively, Kvara and Osimhen really are the stand out player for me.

_Pelle_ 1 year ago
Paris Saint-Germain 156 6871

Benfica wins group due to more away goals…😫🤦‍♂️

Emobot7 1 year ago
538 11426

@Pelle Yeah, was a bit frustrated for PSG as well. But you have to give it to Benfica, they are having one heck of a season.

Honestly, I think PSG should be able to beat or have a fair fight against the like of Napoli, Chelsea, Porto and Tottenham. Bayern, Real and City would be especially tough I think. PSG would propably be better off if they could avoid those team for a while.

Anyway, I did a simulation for the knockout phase, here what it gave me: enter image description here