Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

CHOOSE YOUR TEAM'S OPENING MATCH STARTING 11
Footaholic 12 years ago
Arsenal, Egypt 178 2277

OK. I thought it might be a fun exercise to compare notes on who and how you would line up your team for their 1st match of the season. I guarantee that there will be such variety even for the same teams. Here are a few simple Guidelines:
RULE #1 - You may ONLY pick players that are currently on your roster and are not injured (or if injured expected to be fit within the next few days). In other words, if you are a RM fan you may not include Modric, and so on....
RULE #2 - If you would choose the exact same line-up as a previous poster simply say "I agree with so and so" to avoid redundancy
SUGGESTION #1 - The team can be your ideal 1st 11 for the season or one that
it more catered to your opponent on opening match day. For example, if
you are playing against Stoke City you may want to choose a Defensive
midfielder that you wouldn't otherwise include. You get the idea

SUGGESTION #2 - If you pick a player or formation that is non-conventional it
would be best if you summarize your reason in a quick line
SUGGESTION #3 - I would like to see as much of a variety of teams as is possible so try to get involved. I would like to avoid an entire thread of only Arsenal, Manchester United & Barcelona line-ups. Lastly, if you think you have a good suggestion for a team besides the one you follow feel free to add that as well.
Let's see what you got!

Comments
JuanMata10 12 years ago
Chelsea, Austria 17 1696

@Footaholic:

Müller is a good player but I think he is better on the right side (like in the national team), but Robben is much better there. The line up I posted would only work against weak teams, whereas I would use the 4-2-3-1 formation. Gustavo would play next to Schweini instead of Shaqiri and Kroos would play as OM. It would look like this:

Neuer
Lahm - Boateng - Badstuber - Alaba
       Gustavo - Schweinsteiger
          Robben - Kroos - Ribery
                            Gomez