Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Chelsea to Offload Lampard & Cole
Footaholic 11 years ago
Arsenal, Egypt 178 2277

According to ESPN:

"Frank Lampard and Ashley Cole are set to leave Chelsea in the summer, according to new boss Rafael Benitez. Benitez gave a swift response when asked if he believes both players will look for a move at the end of the season. 'I think so,' he said in the Guardian. 'I don't have all the information and it's not fair to tell me I'm only here for seven months and then expect me to have an influence at the club over the next two or three years, but I think that's the case at the moment'."

Speculation about the future's of Chelsea's 2 remaining stalwarts has been rife and if this report is to be believed their services are no longer required at Chelsea. I will reserve my thoughts on the matter but I would be interested to hear what others have to say about this.

Comments
Trollman 11 years ago
Chelsea, Egypt 32 525

Both of them are likely to move, but then again they asked a manger who just joined 5 days ago. Basically, it's a bunch of gibberish speculation like the usual media. It's a possible move but don't be gullible and believe it straight away, Chelsea fans.

ramaboy10 11 years ago
Mauritius 285 6463

naahh

PuppetMaster 11 years ago
England 15 331

if chelsea really commiting on the future then they have to get rid some of the old players 

Footaholic 11 years ago
Arsenal, Egypt 178 2277

@Puppetmaster: I disagree completely. Look what it did to Arsenal when most of the senior players left in 05 & 06 (although most of them retired). Either way we were elft with a very talented squad of young players that should've easily won the league in at least 2 of the previous 7 years but they imploded each time near the end. YOu know why? Young players need old players to give them bottle, to teach them about seeing through a title run, to never to take their eye off the ball, to understand the values of the club. Without that balance of experienced & young players teams suffer. It is going to happen to AC Milan as well after they lost most of their senior players without retaining any of them really.

England 15 331

they have to sell henry, pires,viera and ljungberg in order for them to build the emirates stadium. i agree with you a club should be balance youth and senior but the problem with arsenal is that they dont buy senior player they only look for teenager who will break to the first team in the future or sell in high profit  while chelsea they bought player at their prime.. anyway i admiring how arsenal handle all of these they are paying their debt they profiting yearly and when the ffp rules comes in for sure you/they will dominate the europe...

Trollman 11 years ago
Chelsea, Egypt 32 525

People still don't get it... clubs like ManCity and Chelsea have already beat FFP and are still spend more money than Arsenal. It's a cruel world for Arsenal but FFP wont do shit. The only team I see failing would be PSG. They're spending spending spending without trophy prizes or selling.

England 15 331

lampard and cole doesnt wanna renew their contract if its 1 year and if lampard is sittng on the bench and they lose the fans will be saying ffs why lampard shouldnt be starting? he could make some dfference if he start..blah balh bahl

Trollman 11 years ago
Chelsea, Egypt 32 525

He's injured. Same with Terry, he is also injured. Know your facts before you say something stupid like that.

England 15 331

i know the facts lampard doesnt wanna renew his contract if its 1 year he need 2 year contract

Trollman 11 years ago
Chelsea, Egypt 32 525

Your point is? He is an aging legend who is losing his touch. We can't afford to pay him a high wage when he becoming useless. It saddens me to say that but its the truth.

England 15 331

my point is time to move on  we all know he is a legend in chelsea and chelsea needs to look for future 

Trollman 11 years ago
Chelsea, Egypt 32 525

Then I guess we are both on the same side. I would keep Terry, Cech, and Cole though. Just like Footaholic said, we need the old guards to guide the way to the youngsters.

England 15 331

i agree on keeping cech and terry but not on lampard and cole , cole only play for money that why he was lbelled as cashley cole