Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Chelsea signs Christian Atsu from FC Porto.
AlexBatak 11 years ago
Chelsea, Italy 204 2707

ATSU MOVES TO CHELSEA FROM PORTUGAL
Posted on: Sun 01 Sep 2013

The transfer of Christian Atsu from FC Porto has been completed.

The 21-year-old Ghana international, who has signed a five-year contract, will be joining Vitesse Arnhem on loan for the season.

Atsu is a left-footed attacker, capable of playing as a winger or a second striker, and joined Porto from Cheetah FC in his homeland in the January 2010 transfer window.

He quickly won individual and team youth honours including Porto's Youth Player of the Season for 2010/11.

That year he was named on the bench for a first team game by Andre Villas-Boas but was not called into action.

The 2011/12 season was spent on loan at Rio Ave, also in Portugal, where Atsu made 30 appearances in league and cup and scored six goals, earning him the club's Player of the Season award.

Breaking into the Porto first team last season, he made 17 league appearances as the club won the Portuguese championship, and he gained European experience with eight Champions League games, including a Round of 16 tie against Malaga.

Atsu made his debut for Ghana in June 2012, scoring against Lesotho in a World Cup qualifier, and has been a regular since. He played and scored in the Africa Cup of Nations at the beginning of the year.
Source: Chelsea FC official website.

Chelsea's B team is Vitesse. COME ON VITESSE! :)

Comments
AlexBatak 11 years ago
Chelsea, Italy 204 2707

We now have a total of 20 young players with a great potential on Loan gaining experience.

Vendetta 11 years ago
Chelsea FC, Egypt 202 3025

Thank god we got him, we really lacked depth in the midfield.

Volkinator 11 years ago
Chelsea, Sweden 5 122

Why did they buy him if they lended him......

AlexBatak 11 years ago
Chelsea, Italy 204 2707

^Football Investment? He seems a very promising player and we signed him for only 3.5 million

Lodatz 11 years ago
Tottenham Hotspur, England 150 4992

@Volk: It's basically a policy of buying up every young player they can, loaning them out and then seeing which ones are actually any good. ;)

It's what you do when you have tons of money but not a terribly good scout network... O:)

Dynastian98 11 years ago Edited
Real Madrid 483 7140

@Ven

Atsu is not a midfielder, but a winger. You guys have plenty of depth there, with Schurrle, Willian, De Bruyne, Hazard, Oscar, Moses, and Mata all capable of playing there.

An unnecessary buy, if you ask me.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

@Ven

Atsu is not a midfielder, but a winger. You guys have plenty of depth there, with Schurrle, Willian, De Bruyne, Hazard, Oscar, Moses, and Mata all capable of playing there.

AlexBatak 11 years ago
Chelsea, Italy 204 2707

@Lodatz I agree. But I think 95% of all those signings are terrifically brilliant, especially the recent ones ;)

AlexBatak 11 years ago
Chelsea, Italy 204 2707

@V "Atsu is a left-footed attacker, capable of playing as a winger or a second striker, and joined Porto from Cheetah FC in his homeland in the January 2010 transfer window."

Vendetta 11 years ago

You guys seem to not have understood my sarcasm :P. He can probably play LM to you know...

Vendetta 11 years ago

@Lodatz: You'd be foolish to think we don't have a good scouting network.

ramaboy10 11 years ago
Mauritius 285 6463

@Lod xD

So this is Chelsea's last signing? I read in the papers this morning that thye were planning one more... was this it?

Dynastian98 11 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

@Rama

No, the one more was Rooney... ;)

man_utd 11 years ago
Manchester United, South Korea 91 1444

Chelsea's signing players just for fun now. We can't sign anyone.

JuanMata10 11 years ago
Chelsea, Austria 17 1696

Gotta catch em all

No, but seriously: This is an unnecessary transfer..

Golden 11 years ago
35 693

Thank you, Chelsea. :-)

AlexBatak 11 years ago
Chelsea, Italy 204 2707

^ You are welcome! :) I was waiting for your comment haha. It was a good move for both sides.

Iraqi_Madridista 11 years ago
Real Madrid 33 1388

What a useless transfer. So many midfielders/strikers why did he even join Chelsea?? for money? or keeping the bench warm?

AlexBatak 11 years ago
Chelsea, Italy 204 2707

^For joining our B Team. read the post jeez... and he's totally worth more than 3.5 millions it's a very good investment.