Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Chelsea sack Tuchel
quikzyyy 2 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

Chelsea have sacked head coach Thomas Tuchel.

The German, 49, has left Stamford Bridge just seven matches into the season, following a 1-0 defeat by Dinamo Zagreb in the Champions League on Tuesday night.

Tuchel was appointed by Chelsea in January 2021 and had an immediate impact, winning the Champions League in his first season at the club.

In 2021-22, Chelsea reached both the FA Cup and Carabao Cup final as they secured a third-place finish in the Premier League.

Comments
SunFlash 2 years ago
USA 19 3260

New owner, same old Chelsea.

I get that it wasn't the best start ever, but Tuchel kept them top 4, won a UCL, and had the audacity to lose to a minnow in Eastern Europe on the road (something that happens to seemingly everyone). To fire him this quickly especially after shelling out an eye-watering amount of money to play his specific formation is so odd that I can only assume the ownership wanted him gone.

Emobot7 2 years ago
538 11429

Welp, I'm both surprised and sad. I mean, I know this is football and this is Chelsea but were talking about a coach who won the CL and lost last edition vs the future champion. So the beggining of the seasons has been rough but Chelsea lost a lot of players and brought up a bunch of others, of course its gonna take some time to find stability. Bit cruel for Tuchel, personally really liked him and thought him getting sacked by PSG around christmas only to win CL with his new team was the perfect redemption story. I have no idea who could be the next manager, not a lot of really good name free right now, or at least, not many that I'd expect to join Chelsea right now.

Who do you guys think they will move for? Pochettino the only big profile I can think of right now.

had the audacity to lose to a minnow in Eastern Europe on the road (something that happens to seemingly everyone).

Only PL teams that this wouldn't happen to right now propably be City and lets be honest, Chelsea aren't on their level of consistency yet.

DarthFooty 2 years ago
Queens Park Rangers, United States 36 1095

Chelsea looked off even in pre-season. Saw them in Charlotte and even though pre-season means nothing, they just did not look like an EPL team at all.

Still, I am surprised they pulled the trigger so early. This season is going to be so crazy with the congestion of CL and the World Cup, that it's hard to predict how teams will end up playing day in and day out.

I remember Real Madrid losing a group match to another minnow, yet they did not freak out. Patience seems like a new superpower nowadays.

United_Hates_Blues 2 years ago Edited
Manchester United, England 14 984

I think I saw this coming a mile away regardless the trophy he won. Because it's Chelsea. Honestly he deserved time. Let's start the Mourinho rumors.XD

Edited* hold up just in

Chelsea are preparing the contract proposal for Graham Potter but main priority will be discussing on long-term project. He’s the favourite — while Pochettino is now waiting for Chelsea to decide. 🚨🔵 #CFC

Brighton will discuss with Chelsea on compensation/clause right after.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

I think I saw this coming a mile away regardless the trophy he won. Because it's Chelsea. Honestly he deserved time. Let's start the Mourinho rumors.XD

SunFlash 2 years ago
USA 19 3260

I would feel quite sorry for Brighton if they lose Potter. He's an excellent manager and I fully expected him to get the England job following the World Cup. Brighton is top 4 right now and have overperformed the last few years (imo) largely down to Potter.

quikzyyy 2 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

I hope Potter won't go there, I mean Chelsea wasn't impressive for quite some time, but why spend 250 million for Tuchel targets just to sack him right away? Apparently Tuchel was the one who chose Aubameyang over Ronaldo and well, it didn't last long.

Sajumar9 2 years ago
Manchester United, England U21 0 5

yeh i hope he doesnt also. he obv has a great DoF setup in brighton signing class hungry youth. why would he want to go somewhere where he has to teach a US owner about football?

expertfootball11 2 years ago Edited
Real Madrid, France 64 2837

Who the hell sacks a manager in early September? Same old Chelsea indeed...

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

How the hell sacks a manager in early September? Same old Chelsea indeed...

Sajumar9 2 years ago
Manchester United, England U21 0 5

bananas. part of me thinks he needs to hire his own manager to judge him but all that nonsense about tuchel not participating in a whatsapp group makes him sound like an idiot of an owner.

Emobot7 2 years ago
538 11429

Haha, yeah, seem like a lots of the frustration was that they wanted their manager to teach them about football... only that ain't his job. XD

As for Graham Potter, of course he's a good manager and I don't doubt that tactically, he could help Chelsea. And lets be honest, the chance to join such a big team might be too much to resist.

The only worry I have is that sometime, manager who never been at a big team before can have a hard time getting the dressing room on their side.

We'll see if it happen but I honestly think he's the best realist choice. Clearly Zidane isn't possible and Pochettino is more a long term project kind of manager.