Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Chelsea, Man City & Real Madrid to be kicked out of Champions League 2020/21
ForeverBayern 3 years ago
Bayern Munich, Germany 44 593

enter image description here

Chelsea FC, Manchester City and Real Madrid ‘face Champions League expulsion’ over European Super League

Chelsea, Manchester City and Real Madrid are facing the immediate threat of being expelled from this season’s Champions League.

Uefa executive committee member Jesper Moller says three of the remaining four semi-finalists will likely be banned at Friday’s meeting.

"The clubs must go, and I expect that to happen on Friday. Then we have to find out how to finish (this season's) Champions League tournament," said Moller, who is the head of the Danish FA, told broadcaster DR on Monday.

"There is an extraordinary executive committee meeting on Friday.”

The Telegraph reported soon after that Arsenal and Manchester United’s fate in the Europa League is also at significant risk.

Moller's comments came shortly after Uefa president Aleksander Ceferin said he wanted bans on the rebel clubs to be imposed.

"We're still assessing with our legal team but we will take all the sanctions that we can and we will inform you as soon we can," he said. "My opinion is that as soon as possible they have to be banned from all our competitions and the players from all our competitions," Ceferin told reporters.

The trio are part of the 12 clubs who announced on Sunday they were setting up a breakaway European Super League as a rival to Uefa's Champions League.

Real Madrid are due to face Chelsea and Manchester City are drawn against Paris Saint-Germain - who have not signed up to the breakaway league.

Additional reporting by Reuters.

Comments
Lacoste 3 years ago
Liverpool, England 32 563

lol PSG will finally win the UCL. They won Ligue1 last season cuz it was cancelled due to Covid and now this haha

ForeverBayern 3 years ago
Bayern Munich, Germany 44 593

well they deserve to be kicked the hell out!

JoeBiden 3 years ago
USA 6 60

i just hope if this happens they won't award the trophy to psg just like that

kirsi16 3 years ago
Sao Paulo, Brazil 2 96

This is sad even to PSG. Having made champion for the first time however without proving they deserve it by going through to finals and win it. If this really happens, as a PSG player, manager, fan or whatever, it would piss me off. You will never be able to prove it. History stays history. Fans of other clubs all over the world will disconsider absolutely everything you worked for in 2021. It stays an IF. A very sad, unprobable, unproven IF.

Emobot7 3 years ago
538 11426

If this happen, then PSG is gonna be propably both pleased and displeased. On one hand, they finally get the trophy they alway wanted but on the other, they would do so in the less glamourous way they could. Still, after having managed to knock out Bayern, I still think this would be considered deserved to a certain level.

DarthFooty 3 years ago
Queens Park Rangers, United States 36 1094

I am torn on this one... On one hand, if I was a player with PSG, I would not want to just be handed the trophy. I would more want to win it rightfully than just be given the championship. On the other hand, they have earned making it this far, and have pushed over the years, so perhaps they did enough to earn it?

How would the tournament advance, if those three teams did get the boot? Would they bring in the teams that lost from the quarterfinals?

It will be very interesting to see how it all plays out.

Something else to consider is the fact that PSG, Bayern, Dortmund, while they have not officially signed for the Super League, they are in positions to be included and I bet have been invited. I don't think each organization is surprised by the new league and has positioned themselves interested on some level. They just have not signed anything, which makes them look good to the public.

Klopp was on interview stating he and his players had no knowledge of the move and that he is not interested. I wonder how far within each club, people know about the move. I would expect coaches to know, but what I expect and what happens can be very different. haha

expertfootball11 3 years ago
Real Madrid, France 64 2837

This stupid project has just ruined competitions planning