Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Chelsea 20/21 Seasons
Emobot7 4 years ago
538 11426

So let talk and share prediction about Chelsea for this upcoming season.

First point I would like to discuss about is what do you think of their recruitement and which player do you expect to succeed and flop?

Personally, I think Chilwell and Havertz should do quite well at Chelsea and not take too much time to adapt or to perform at their best.

I kinda expect that Werner might take some time to find his form. He done quite well at Leipzig but have yet to convince me at the top level.

Ziyech shouldn't have too much trouble adapt but I feel like he might need time to glue with the team.

As for Thiago, it will be interesting because his experience is what he was signed for but tbh, I think he will need to adapt and work even harder than before to really help this Chelsea side defend better.

Second point I would like to discuss with you guys is how much pressure Chelsea and Lampard will have considering how much they spend on the market.

Imho, I expect the pressure to be relatively high and that what Lampard will need to do would be to at least get another top 4 finish. Anything less would propably be considered a huge dissapointement by Abramovich and I'm not certain Lampard reputation would be enough from saving him from the sack.

What are your thought though? Any other point you would like to talk about?

Comments
SunFlash 4 years ago
USA 19 3260

Thiago's signed for Chelsea?

DarthFooty 4 years ago
Queens Park Rangers, United States 36 1094

@ Sun Thiago Silva, from PSG.

On paper, this team looks nasty. Once they get used to playing with each other and those new to league get used to the speed and physicality, it's all up to Lampard to deliver the right strategies. So, the pressure is there to win everything.

If they don't finish in the top 4, it will be a disappointing season. Might not be enough to get sacked, unless they drop really low, but if they get close, I think Abra will keep him another year to see what happens.

This season will be a lot of fun in the EPL!

Emobot7 4 years ago
538 11426

@Sun Oh damn, just realized I didn't specify Thiago Silva. Sorr for the confusion. XD

@Darthfooty You might be right, I hope you are at least, would be heartbreaking to see Lampard getting sacked by Chelsea. :S

tiki_taka 4 years ago Edited
Barcelona, France 367 9768

All these are expected to do well because they are all upgrades to what Chelsea actually have. Havertz for me is the one im waiting to see... Hyped by Bayern move, age, stats, but pretty ignore everything on him.

Might buy Ziech kit, bought the carabao blue jogging, Chelsea kits always look beautiful....

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

All these are expected to do well because they are all upgrades to what Chelsea actually have. Havertz for

Marcus2011 4 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

@tiki
Buy our third kit. You will find it very familiar

———-

I am happy with players we signed, but we still need proper left back to help Azpi. I don’t think we are challenging for title this year. I don’t have confidence that Lampard is ready to push this team for title run. Players alone won’t deliver it. After spending so much now pressure is on him.

Emobot7 4 years ago
538 11426

@Marcus2011 Yeah, the thing I alway loved about Chelsea is the chesmistry and despite all of those player looking quite good, its gonna take a while for them to get used to play together like Klopp said.

Don't know what to say about the third kit other than it i feel like it would be more at its place in Spain than in England for some reason.

Emobot7 3 years ago
538 11426

Hey guys, I think its time to revisit this thread! Chelsea have had somewhat of a rough start but there definetly good sign right now going on for them.

They first shown that they were really competent in offense, especially against lesser team against who they scored an average of 3 or 4 goals a game. And recently, they have seriously improved their defense, so much that they took only 1 goal in their six last games.

I personally really think that Werner, Ziyech and Mendy have all showed very encouraging sign of having glued in and fitting well in Lampard gameplan. What are your thought though?

DarthFooty 3 years ago

Everyone they picked up has stepped in and changed the team which I expected the happen. Now, just time together and staying healthy will be what takes them higher.

Mendy's add-on was one of the brighter spots. Yes, offensively they have been stronger, then add Silva on D and you have more stability. But Mendy has eased that backline concerns behind them. They feel like they can get forward now, play a little looser, because Mendy is not making the same mistakes Kepa was, and Mendy is more vocal.

This team will get better and better which will put more stress on Lampard to keep up with tactics to win each match.

Emobot7 3 years ago
538 11426

This team will get better and better which will put more stress on Lampard to keep up with tactics to win each match.

Good point, pressure will be even more on him after his team has shown such convincing performance lately.

Marcus2011 3 years ago

I am not convinced by Lampard at all. His tactical approach, especially when things don't go by the plan, are weak. It is almost like he just gives up or just clueless how to turn tactical game around. Hopefully, it is just a phase. However, as much as it hurts to say, I don't think english managers do well in the long run. It will be a breakthrough if english manager, Lampard, wins the title with Chelsea. Competition this year is super stiff. It is hasn't even gained the full momentum.

Emobot7 3 years ago
538 11426

@Marcus Big test will be against Spurs toward the end of the month. We will be able to see firsthand if the student has gotten good enough to surpass the master. If Lampard manage to win that one, it will be a very good sign for Chelsea.

Marcus2011 3 years ago

On paper Chelsea has a better squad but tactically Mourinho is far better than Lampard. Chelsea won’t loose at home but I doubt they will win.

Emobot7 3 years ago
538 11426

Welp guys, since last time, Lampard has been out, Tuchel came in and slowly transformed Chelsea into one of the most solid team in the PL. At least defensively. Some people will argue that the change is normal and that it happen a lot when bringing a new manager. Personally, I don't completely agree, clearly, Tuchel has been doing some good thing with this Chelsea team. I feel if they need to focus on getting the best out of their offense and Chelsea will once again be one of the best side in the league.

But what do you guys think about Tuchel and Chelsea under him? Let me know below. Really curious to know everyone opinions.

DarthFooty 3 years ago Edited

Typically, the bump up from players when working under a new coach is because they are out to prove should they should stay and play. Once the coach applies the philosophy and tactics, and once players settle with him/her, then we can see either a drop or some found consistency in levels.

What Tuchel has done is smart. He is keeping it simple and not letting the players do too much. The team has quality, we all know that, they just need to play their roles, keep things simple and work for each other.

I have not seen all their matches since he took over, but results speak volumes. They have some very interesting fronts to fight for still, so he sure has his work cut out for him. Let's see how far they can and if they can stay in the top 4.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Typically, the bump up from players when working under a new coach is because they are out to prove should they stay and play. Once the coach applies the philosophy and tactics, and once players settle with him/her, then we can see either a drop or some found consistency in levels.

What Tuchel has done is smart. He is keeping it simple and not letting the players do too much. The team has quality, we all know that they just need to play their roles, keep things simple and work for each other.

I have not seen all their matches since he took over, but results speak volumes. They have some very interesting fronts to find for still so he sure has his work cut out for him. Let's see how far they can and if they can stay in the top 4.

Emobot7 3 years ago
538 11426

@DarthFooty Thanks for your feedback, appreciated.

I agree Tuchel done a great job of keeping thing simple and effective. Will be interesting to see if he manage to improve will keeping thing well balanced.

Emobot7 3 years ago
538 11426

One whole year later and now I got only one word to describe this Chelsea team: DEPTH

enter image description here

I mean, they got enough quality to field 2 teams that could compete for top fours. Thats freaking ridiculous.