FC Porto 2-3 Malaga CF
Arsenal 1-3 Bayern Munchen
Shakhtar 2-3 Dortmund
AC Milan 1-3 Barcelona
Real Madrid 2-3 Manchester United

Comments
Jimskeleton 11 years ago
Tottenham Hotspur, England 7 728

I feel sorry for Celtic, I mean the Juve fans can say what they want, yes they played a good defensive/counter attacking game but they weren't the better team on the night and those who voted Celtic poor on the match highlights obviously didn't watch the game and just went by the score or are just completely clueless.

I didn't even think Celtic had that kind of performance in them and the 3-0 scoreline is completely unjust, unfortunately for them they took the risk of playing Ambrose in defence after only playing in the AFCON final on Sunday which backfired as he had 2 defensive mistakes which cost them 2 goals.  

Thought the referee was awful as well, the defending from Lichtsteiner from defensive corners was appalling and should have been penalised on at least one occasion, you can't defend a corner without once looking at the ball and just obstructing the opponent.

The tie is certainly over but hopefully Celtic do get a goal in the 2nd leg, they deserve something.

raimondo90 11 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

@Lodatz, The Veratti yellow card was justifiable. He got into a small altercation with Joao Pereira, it could have just been a talking to but i think the ref didnt want the game to get heated and out of hand. As for Ibrahimovic i honestly dont know. He did go in pretty dirty (he hardly scrapped Guardado) i guess the ref saw something in the way it happend. In regards to Guaita i think he did a decent job, it wasnt his best game but Lavezzi's goal was unstoppable it was too fast from too close, you can see Guaita react but just a fraction too slow. As for the second one he could of done better.

Anyways I really hope we get more clinical. Jonas is a waste. Soldado wasn't very useful. Valdez improved our offensive game tenfold. I hope we play better especially with PSG lacking two key players.

As for Celtics/Juventus what did anyone expect? Celtics might have defeated barca by parking the bus, that doesnt help you in a knock off round. Juventus is clear favorites. They did good enough making it this far.

Lodatz 11 years ago
Tottenham Hotspur, England 150 4992

@raimondo: Fair dues, about the altercation with Pereira, but I thought he was justified in being annoyed about Valencia playing on (regardless of whether or not Lavezzi was just flopping around); sure there were some heated tempers, but I think the ref would have done better simply, as you say, giving them a talking-to. I guess I just hate seeing players miss important games because of that sort of thing, though I can see what you mean about keeping things calm, by doing so.

As for the goalkeeping, hehe, I'm not trying to start a row, I just feel that both goals were very soft; I'm not sure that Lavezzi's shots would have gotten past Krul, or Howard, or even Friedel. :/

I agree with you about the offense, though; there was a wealth of possession, but no sharp edges to it. PSG have a more powerful defense than Soldado and Banega are used to coming up against, I feel. Valdez did bring some energy in there, yeah. But they need to convert that possession into real attacking chances, and that's where some pace and some strength would come in useful. Banega is a smart, gifted player, but he's gonna have to find something more in the trick-book, or else they could get swept away in Paris. :/

raimondo90 11 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

@Lodatz Thats our biggest flaw. We play great but when we get the the opponent's box we seem clueless about what to do next and just hit a cross and hope for the best. Against PSG there must have been 10 crosses and none of them resulted in anything. We need creativity at the final third. 

knibis 11 years ago
Valencia, Sweden 181 2500

we cant win a match with Parejo on the field. we have a small chance of turning this around if we start like this:

------------soldado
bernat----Feghouli---- Canales
------------banega 
----------------------ruiz
cissoko rami costa perreira
--------------guaita

(Guita was shit yesturday, he is much much better. you might not belive me on that one but trust me he is. He is usually brilliant against both poor and good oponents . just ask barca fans from the last 2 matches or ask man u fans how he played against them away. no wonder some barca fans wanted him to replace valdez when his contract runs out)

still are hopes are slim even though it will be a match in parc de prince which cannot be said in the matchup between Juve and Celtic with all do respect

knibis 11 years ago

benega and soldado cant do this alone... Canales must start and cissokho will be back from injury

Footaholic 11 years ago
Arsenal, Egypt 178 2277

@knibis: Is it true that Banega showed up to training completely drunk? If not, is it true that he is not an easy person to keep disciplined?

Footaholic 11 years ago
Arsenal, Egypt 178 2277

COME THIS TIME NEXT WEEK....

(excited & terrified simultaneously)

Dynastian98 11 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

This is just an opinion, but I think Arsenal have the same odds at beating Bayern as to Madrid beating Manchester United. I'd say a 30-70 is a good rate for each team winning. Arsenal and Real both have like a 30% chance of moving on to the next round.

Lodatz 11 years ago

Imagine an Arsenal vs Man Utd final... ;)

Dynastian98 11 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

Intense.... What makes it more intense is the classic Wenger-Ferguson rivalry. But I think Chelsea-Barca, or Madrid-Juventus, or Bayern-United are equally mouth watering.

knibis 11 years ago

@knibis: Is it true that Banega showed up to training completely drunk? If not, is it true that he is not an easy person to keep disciplined?

He is a real trouble maker... driving over his own foot causing 7 months of injury for example

GunnerAFC 11 years ago
Arsenal, England 47 1026

I'll be supporting Man Utd (I want English clubs to do well in Europe, even if it is United) & Borussia Dortmund if Arsenal get knocked out. 

But I honestly hope that Dortmund win the CL. They have been an absolute revelation! 

Dortmund v Barca is my dream match up right now. Mmm.   

Lodatz 11 years ago

I want to see Man United vs Bayern. They have unfinished business. ;)

GunnerAFC 11 years ago
Arsenal, England 47 1026

Still amazing

Jimskeleton 11 years ago

Agree with Gunner, If neither English team can win this season, which I highly doubt would be great to see Dortmund win it, think they deserve it.

GunnerAFC 11 years ago
Arsenal, England 47 1026

^^^Yup. The way that they handled the Group of ''Death'' was brilliant. 

I was quite surprised to see that they didn't beat Shakhtar. They should be able to get the job done at home though and advance to the next round.

Jimskeleton 11 years ago

Shakhtar can never be underestimated at home, they have an absolutely ridiculous home record so a 2-2 was a very good result, I can definitely see Dortmund winning at home though, I think the only team that could stop them getting to the final is Barcelona themselves as I would favour them over 2 legs, but as you say that would make a great final.

quikzyyy 11 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

I would like to see Dortmund in the final, i like them but I'm afraid Shakhtar will surprise..

20ROBINVANPERSIE 11 years ago
Manchester United, England 26 349

on agg

Schalke 04 2-4 Galatasaray
Celtic 1-5 Juventus
Valencia 2-4 Paris Saint-Germain
FC Porto 2-3 Malaga CF
Arsenal 2-3 Bayern Munchen
Shakhtar 2-3 Dortmund
AC Milan 3-4 Barcelona
Real Madrid 2-3 Manchester United