{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Champions League Semi-finals
DarthFooty 2 years ago
Queens Park Rangers, United States 36 1099

Manchester City vs Real Madrid
Liverpool vs Villarreal

Well, I guess the carry-over from the quarterfinal craziness is happening with match one for City and RMadrid. That game was fun and I don't see City having the advantage despite being up a goal. Perhaps defense is optional in this year's version of the league but wow it was a blast as a spectator.

Hope we see another great match tomorrow and the follow-up second legs.

Comments
Emobot7 2 years ago
538 11432

@DarthFooty If you watched even a bit of the first game, then you know Pep doesn't like that results at all. Real Madrid is world class especially in offense. I'm sure City would have liked to take a better results into the Bernabeu. It didn't felt like much of a win for them and Real fans will be happy with the results considering their defense weren't that great in the first game.

Liverpool vs Villareal, I expect a lot less crazyness, propably much of the game gonna be Liverpool attacking and Villareal resisting them and hitting them on the counter. Early goal from Liverpool could open up the game or even kill it early but I honestly think its gonna be disputed and propably not have many goals.

Emobot7 2 years ago
538 11432

Welp, Villareal really shot themselve in the foot. The own goal wasn't really great concede but considering the situation, it was hard no to. The real problem is the lose in composure that led to the next goal after that. 1-0 at Anfield wouldn't have been a bad results, now they'll need to score 2 without opening up too much in the next legs. Thats not gonna be easy at all. :(

Emobot7 2 years ago
538 11432

And Villareal is out, they did really well in the first half though, didn't see the game but I was seriously expecting they might stage a comeback when I checked the score at half-time. No shame to lose against this Liverpool side after making it this far in the competition though. Congrats for an amazing campaign Villareal, they really sold us some dreams.

On to the semi between Real and Madrid, honestly, this one is hard to predict. I kinda wish City would win as a neutral but I can totally see Madrid making it through in a dramatic fashion at a late stage of the game. Will be an interesting game tbf.

DarthFooty 2 years ago

I got the game on later than I wanted and saw the score just before the half. I was like, OK game on!!!

It sounds like a tale of two halves, and we all know the final score and aggregate. Villa showed their quality as an organization and I hope they can carry that for years to come.

City v Real Madrid
I give City the advantage, only because of the goal differential. On paper, it should be that way. That said, this is footy and the match is in Madrid, against a very team-based group of experienced winners.

Algerino 2 years ago
Napoli, Algeria 6 845

No one really believed in Villareal

_Pelle_ 2 years ago
Paris Saint-Germain 156 6885

City-Real is going to be awesome. After that first game I expect this to be at least equally good. I’m having the popcorn ready.😁

DarthFooty 2 years ago

Insane! This season's knockout rounds are INSANE.

Emobot7 2 years ago
538 11432

but I can totally see Madrid making it through in a dramatic fashion at a late stage of the game

Dramatic comeback: check
Dramatic fashion: check
Please, whoever coming up with those CL knockout match scenario need to find something new for Real, its alway the same plot no matter what. lol, but joking aside, what a team that Real is, Carlos Real alway been so lethal in CL knockout match and this year no different. Honestly, I got serious vibe of Real winning it all right now. After all, Real doesn't play final, they win them.

_Pelle_ 2 years ago

Man I enjoyed the popcorn 😁

Yusuf_10 2 years ago
Manchester City, England 16 73

I just cant get over Real Madrid going through and destroying City like that

quikzyyy 2 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

enter image description here

DarthFooty 2 years ago

What would be cool to see is the amount of spend for each team that knocked City out each season.

_Pelle_ 2 years ago

Just don’t put PSG spending up there 😂😉

Emobot7 2 years ago
538 11432

@Pelle They actually made a similar graph for PSG but its actually a bit less worse than this City one. City true problem is that they sometime spend way too much at once while PSG is better at sharing their transfer fee equally over different transfers windows. I mean, don't get me wrong, its still outrageous amount that make 9/10 of teams jealous but at least, they got that. XD