Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Champions League Quarterfinals
DarthFooty 2 years ago
Queens Park Rangers, United States 36 1101

And here we go........ Who do you pick as your favs to win each match-up this round?

Champions League quarterfinal draw:

Chelsea vs. Real Madrid

Manchester City vs. Atletico Madrid

Villarreal vs. Bayern Munich

Liverpool vs. Benfica

Champions League semifinal draw:

Manchester City or Atletico Madrid vs. Chelsea or Real Madrid

Liverpool or Benfica vs. Villarreal or Bayern Munich

Comments
Emobot7 2 years ago
538 11435

Benfica fan on reddit seeing they got given 11% of making it to the semi by the bookmakers: "Wait, your telling me there's a chance?"

Joking aside, the draw seem really favorable for Bayern and Liverpool. Expecting them to meet in the Semi.

City and Chelsea vs the 2 Madrid seem a lot less clear-cut. I'm gonna predict one Spanish side and one English team to make it through in those matchs even if both City and Chelsea are propably favorite.

Algerino 2 years ago
Napoli, Algeria 6 845

Real madrid
Bayern munich
Liverpool
Manchester city

Emobot7 2 years ago Edited
538 11435

So Villareal and Emery managed to beat Bayern, sure it was in Spain but I'm impressed.

Chelsea vs Real was incredible, with Benzema being super efficient in the first half and doing his speciality in the second, taking advantage from a goalie mistake. Really hard to imagine Chelsea coming back from this, at least without the away rule, they might get a slight chance at this but it would take something special. Feel like Chelsea off the pitch problems are already starting to affect their on the pitch results.

Liverpool had a very solid first game, hard to imagine them losing this at Anfield.

City did good by scoring in the home game but historically, Atletico never lost in a double legs confrontation in the CL in which they lost the first game 1-0. That could be a good omen for Simeone and his players.

I'd say this pretty much confirm Real and Liverpool in the semi unless something special happen. There a lots of stuff which could happen between the others teams.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

So Villareal and Emery managed to beat Bayern, sure it was in Spain but I'm impressed.

Chelsea vs Real was incredible, with Benzema being super efficient in the first and doing his speciality, taking advantage from a goalie mistake. Really hard to imagine Chelsea coming back from this, at least without the away rule, they might get a slight chance at this but it would take something special.

Liverpool had a very solid first game, hard to imagine them losing this at Anfield.

City did good by scoring in the home game but historically, Atletico never lost in a double legs confrontation in the CL in which they lost the first game 1-0. That could be a good omen for Simeone and his players.

I'd say this pretty much confirm Real and Liverpool in the semi unless something special happen. There a lots of stuff which could happen between the others teams.

DarthFooty 2 years ago

The Chelsea vs Real M. match was fun to watch. Benzema once again shows the world that he is just as good and some names thrown around for the best striker in the world.

I am not looking past Chelsea still making this a series and see them really show their quality next week. Unlike Liverpool and City, they don't have a huge weekend league match so they can prep a bit more. Should be another fun one to watch.

I did not watch the Bayern match but probably should have. The return leg will be theirs and they will overturn aggregate.

City had a rough time, but all teams do against Atletico. So hard to go against a 0-5-5 formation playing most teams, but you add in the quality and discipline Simeone has, it's multiplied. The advantage to City next week as Atleti has to score and will open up the pitch more.

Liverpool looked good and I agree, they should move into the next round. That one goal against can make things slightly more interesting, but still, the Reds should move on.

Emobot7 2 years ago
538 11435

@DarthFooty Can't see Chelsea winning by 3 without taking at least one or more at the Bernabeu tbh. Real in CL is a special beast as well especially with an experimented coach. Would take something special from Chelsea imho.

City vs Atletico will be interesting for sure cause Atletico will need to attack more and it will open up the game. City will want to take advantage of that no doubt but the interesting thing will be who score first cause it could be a difference a one way domination and a even game.

_Pelle_ 2 years ago
Paris Saint-Germain 156 6889

I hope Villareal gets through to the semis👍

quikzyyy 2 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

are we all Villareal fans this year? (except Bayern fans)

_Pelle_ 2 years ago

We always love when the underdog mange to defeat the big ones. Its like a breath of fresh air and makes the game even more exciting.

quikzyyy 2 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

Definitely, also would be happy for Emery

Emobot7 2 years ago
538 11435

Its hard not to love Emery, things been hard for him since he left Sevilla and its fun to see thing finally going well for him.

Also, the fact he eliminated Juventus from the CL will alway be something I'm happy for, especially because he is managing a "weaker" team. I mean, I don't hate them but the irony of them wanting to make a Super League when they cannot even beat the teams that would not make the cut in that Super League is just too much.

_Pelle_ 2 years ago

I’m not a fan of Emery tbh. I didn’t like his game in neither Arsenal nor PSG

Emobot7 2 years ago
538 11435

@Pelle Well I don't think its his playing style people really love right now, its more the story behind him that people love, I mean, he failed at PSG and at Arsenal, was considered a bit like he was a meme at some point, then he beat Arsenal and Manchester United to win the Europa League which lead to him getting into the Champion League and to survive longer than PSG in the knockout phase and right now he's above the great Bayern in term of goal scored in the first leg.

Everyone love a good redemption story and it sure feel like Emery is having one right now.

Watch Villareal get destroyed by Bayern in the next match now that I said that. :(

quikzyyy 2 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

they done it! so happy for them masterclass defending performance

Emobot7 2 years ago
538 11435

Watch Villareal get destroyed by Bayern in the next match now that I said that.

Did I de-jinx it?

@quikzyyy Yep lol, grats for Emery and Villareal, resisted and scored against Bayern on their home ground. Quite the feat to be fair.

Next step should be Liverpool and honestly, at this point, I actually believe they could beat them at this point.

DarthFooty 2 years ago

Chelsea almost pulled it off and Villa!!! What's up with Bayern?

_Pelle_ 2 years ago

LOL… I’m glad for Villareal but I’m still not an Emery fan. Managers like him are better when being in an underdog position but still in a good team.
The absolute top tier managers tend to revolutionize a club or football in general. He’s not one of them.

DarthFooty 2 years ago

Wow this round of CL was so fun to watch. All matches had something to offer and the underdogs sure made their noise.

Up next is Liverpool vs Villareal and Man City vs Real Madrid.........

quikzyyy 2 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

Kinda wish for Villareal vs Madrid in the final, but most likely City vs Liverpool in Paris.

Emobot7 2 years ago
538 11435

@quikzyyy You do realize that would mean 95% chance of Madrid winning it on pen or in extra time if that happen? I don't want another of those heartbreak.

@DarthFooty Chelsea and Benfica refusing of going down without a fight, Villareal beating Bayern, City and Atletico nearly getting into fist fight toward the end of their game. The game's not gone!

quikzyyy 2 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

Well, it's Emery in cup competition, so..