{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Champion League 2021/22 Group Stage Draw
Comments
Emobot7 3 years ago
538 11432

@Emrecan

We'll get the 3rd place and go on to win Europa League hopefully (considering no injuries)

Bro, thats the way you gotta think. Europa League would be fine acomplishment for Besiktas imho.

@expertfootball Pretty sure its not Ronaldo leaving anymore that hurt Madrid. Losing Varane and Ramos especially both at the same time weaken the team if only from a mental viewpoint. Real Madrid used to be a invincible team in the CL but to me this was due to both Ronaldo, Ramos and Zidane. Now that none of them are there, it seem like they got real motivation problem. Not that it hurt them all that much in La Liga (where the only rival they got is Atletico) but I think it shows in CL.

Also, worth noting Sheriff is a pretty cool team that got very little pression on them right now. A lot of time, when a big team get beaten we discredit them but we shouldn't sell their opponent short either.

DarthFooty 3 years ago
Queens Park Rangers, United States 36 1098

I would not be shocked if Barca let Koeman go after today.

CL did not disappoint!

Emobot7 3 years ago
538 11432

@DarthFooty Honestly, losing 3-0 against Bayern is a thing, against Benfica is another, especially considering the performance wasn't much better from what I heard. What worse is that Koeman try get away with the same freaking excuse, acting like such a results wasn't a dissapointement and something that could happen with what happened recently. I mean... sure, this Barca team is weaker than 1 or 2 years ago but its still got quality.

DarthFooty 3 years ago

From Koeman's perspective, he is 100% correct. He was handicapped by Barca financially which forced players out. Now he has to rely on a younger team, those of which are fighting for the experience.

Consider Ajax, who is world known for their academies and producing very good young talent. As a 1st team, they stay pretty solid, even with the budget they carry, but they have a lot of rebuilding years due to the sale of their players.

Barca, and a number of other teams in the world, have not had to deal with that for a long time because they just buy the talent. Since they can't do that right now, they are "limited" to under what 100m. For them, that is a huge issue. They now are dealing with restricted funds, a lack of players not only being affordable but willing to go play for Barca right now.

So Koeman is right. This team needs time to gain experience, time to learn and build. Is that an excuse, hell yes it is, but it's a valid one in my book. It doesn't release him from doing the best he can with the team he has though. I don't see him putting in the work because he knows he is getting let go as soon as Barca has another coach. Not how I would want to go out, as I don't like to burn bridges, but hey, both sides have been publically pushing each other.

The finger for Barca's issues needs to point not just at Koeman, but their main organization. Heck Koeman is the scapegoat. Who dares challenge the presidency of the mighty Barcelona!!!!!

Emobot7 3 years ago Edited
538 11432

@DarthFooty I dunno, Koeman complain are deserved to a certain level but its not like he didn't know in what he got into, that was part of the challenge of that Barca team when he joined.

He should still have enough quality to battle it out with team like Benfica and that even when his team is still progressing.

Barca has structural problem of course and it doesn't help him but it feel like he's acting like losing 3-0 to Benfica with his current team is natural. I don't want to hate on Koeman but I alway thought his mentality wasn't right. He seem quite proud for a manager despite not winning much in recent years.

I remember his Everton spell especially well where he had the largest budget in the club history and still managed to bring the club in the relegation zone. For me, that alway made me think he might not be as a good a manager nowaday that he think he is.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

@DarthFooty I dunno, Koeman complain are deserved to a certain level but its not like he didn't know in what he got into, that was part of the challenge of that Barca team when he joined.

He should still have enough quality to battle it out with team like Benfica and that even when his team is still progressing.

Barca has structural problem of course and it doesn't help him but it feel like he's acting like losing 3-0 to Benfica with his current team is natural. I don't want to hate on Koeman but I alway thought his mentality wasn't right. He seem quite proud for a manager despite not winning much in recent years. I remember his Everton spell especially well where he had the largest budget in the club history and still managed to bring the club in the relegation zone.

Barca has structural problem of course and it doesn't help him but it feel like he's acting like losing 3-0 to Benfica with his current team is natural. I don't want to hate on Koeman but I alway thought his mentality wasn't right. He seem quite proud for a manager despite not winning much in recent years.

I remember his Everton spell especially well where he had the largest budget in the club history and still managed to bring the club in the relegation zone. For me, that alway made me thing he might not be as a good a manager nowaday that he think he is.

DarthFooty 3 years ago

@Emobot7 Oh, he is not without his faults for sure. The hardest part is what to believe in the media as I know, depending on the source, you will get one side or the other. But what you can't make up are results and what we can see on the pitch.

I don't see a coach looking to build. I see a coach looking to survive. This team does have some quality but they are playing with different goals.

We will see how long he stays in charge, and down the road, we might find out more in a book. haha

Emobot7 3 years ago Edited
538 11432

@DarthFooty You are right obviously. There different bias from different media of course and the one thing we know for sure are what we see on the pitch.

Personally, I expect him to stay for a little while yet if only because it would cost Barca greatly to fire him. We'll see if he manage to pull something out of his remaining time and maybe we'll know more about the whole story in a book further down the line, why not. XD

• History

@DarthFooty You are right obviously. There different bias from different media of course and the one thing we know for sure are what we see on the pitch.

Personally, I expect him to stay for a little while yet if only because it would cost Barca greatly to fire him. We'll see if he manage to pull something out of his remaining time and maybe we'll know more about the whole in a book further down the line, why not. XD

Emrecan_58 2 years ago Edited
Besiktas 149 3375

Literally our worst season ever. Not only in Champions League but also in Turkish League. We truly sucked.enter image description here

• History

Literally our worst season ever. Not only in Champions League but also in Turkish League. We truly sucked.