Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Champion League 2020-2021 Group Phase
Emobot7 4 years ago Edited
538 11432

So, the draw is over and here are the groups: enter image description here

What are your thoughts and your predictions?

Edit: You might want to click on the picture above to have a better view of it. It was shrunk for some reason. :S

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

So, the draw is over and here are the groups: enter image description here

What are your thoughts and your predictions?

Comments
Emobot7 4 years ago
538 11432

Here are my prediction:

Group A: Bayern to finish 1st, Atletico should be second but Salzburg and Lokomotiv could make a surprise.

Group B: Will be a really attractive group to watch, thats for sure. Real should be first and second place should be between Inter and Shaktar but i wouldn't be surprised if there were a surprise or two in that group.

Group C: City to finish 1st without much problem and second place will be up to grab. Any of those other team could make it for me.

Group D: This group is gonna be a joy to watch. Lots of offensive team with attractive football. Liverpool will be favorite to finish first and second place should be between Atalanta and Ajax but once again, we could see some unexpected developement.

Group E: Sevilla and Chelsea will be through, its only a question of knowing who will be first and who will be second.

Group F: Dortmund got a really good shot at finishing 1st here, hope they don't squander it. It will be really tough to predict who is going to get second spot behind them though. For me, it could be any of those 3 teams.

Group G: Juventus and Barca will be the two top team of the group, obviously. I don't really care about who make it first and who make it second, I'm just glad we get to see Messi vs Ronaldo again in the CL. :D

Group H: Thats actually a tough group. Leipzig will be especially motivated against PSG, PSG meanwhile will be motivated to play United. I predict PSG to finish 1st and United to get the second spot, though its going to be really hard.

DarthFooty 4 years ago
Queens Park Rangers, United States 36 1099

Group A: Bayern & Atletico
Group B: Real & Inter ( I can see Inter winning the group )
Group C: Man City & Porto ( Can see Oly sneak in for 2nd over Porto )
Group D: Liverpool & Atalanta ( Ajax in 2nd if Atalanta doesn't play like they did last season )
Group E: Chelsea & Sevilla
Group F: Dortmund & Lazio
Group G: Juve & Barca
Group H: PSG & Man United ( RB Leipzig will make some noise and if Man U doesn't show up, they can get replaced quick )

SunFlash 4 years ago
USA 19 3260

Honestly can't see United getting through. Ole always turns up for big games though so who knows.

ashwin1729 4 years ago
Manchester United, England 10 704

Ole always turns up for big games though so who knows.

Ole hasn't turned up for big games yet. His record in the big games so far (out side of league)
2018- UCL- Lost to PSG, Won against PSG (lucky win); Lost both legs to Barcelona .
2019- League cup- lost to city in semi finals (Can't blame Ole completely- half the squad was out injured)
2019 FA Cup Semi final- lost to Chelsea- really bad tactics from Ole.
2019 UEL Final- Lost to Sevilla- really bad tactics from Ole.

iHEARTfootball 4 years ago
Manchester United 38 1000

2019 UEL Final- Lost to Sevilla- really bad tactics from Ole.

Gotta defend Ole on that last one there. We had so many chances to bury Sevilla, but their GK was on point. Didn't think we lost due to tactical reasons. We lost because of outrageously poor defending.

Emobot7 4 years ago
538 11432

We had so many chances to bury Sevilla, but their GK was on point.

This has basically nothing to do with the rest of the discussion but Bono, Sevilla goalkeeper during their last games in the Europa League, has dual Canadian and Moroccan nationality and was born in Montreal. His first proffesional youth team was even Montreal Impact before joining Wydad AC, the Moroccan team in which he started his senior with. Anyway, long story short, I'm just really proud to see a fellow Quebecer (even if he only lived in Quebec for about 7 years) doing so well in international football. :D

Yusuf_10 4 years ago
Manchester City, England 16 73

soo for Group A: would be Bayern no1 and atletico 2nd ( and much like Emobot7 ) Salzburg and Lokomotiv could make a surprise.

Group B: for some reason i think real might not actualy finish first def in to 2 so its between Inter and real

Group C: well obviously Man City (the best team I history) should finish first and Porto 2nd

Group D: well liverpool should finish first and also reffering to ajax's last year performance they might not even place 2nd atlanta could always pull one out of the bag

Group E: chelea 1st sevilla 2nd but sevilla cud place 1st

Group F: dortmund then club brugge btw i dont know anything abt the other 2 teams

Group G: juve v barca hmm juve 1st barca 2nd cus barca just isnt looking good but juve v barca thats gonna be big fixture especially if messi and ronaldo both play

Group H: PSG 1st man u 2nd

So if i coppied anyone above i actualy havnt looked at anyones messages we might might juss have similar opinions
also soz for the lack of CAPITALS and commas and fullstops.

SunFlash 4 years ago
USA 19 3260

Ole hasn't turned up for big games yet. His record in the big games so far (out side of league)

Sure, remove most of the sample size and ignore every time he beat a big club in a cup?

Like we beat Chelsea 3 out of 4 times last season and you only include the game where United lost lmao

ashwin1729 4 years ago
Manchester United, England 10 704

Sure, remove most of the sample size and ignore every time he beat a big club in a cup?

Lets just count games where the pressure is not the same as knockouts and reward him for participation? Does that sound good? Because teams win trophies based only on league play. lmao.

What big club did he beat in the cup last year? Norwich? Copenhagen? Bruge? Are we counting Wolves as a big club now? Fun fact for you- we are yet to beat likes of wolves and everton in league play. What does your sample size tell you about that?

Emobot7 3 years ago
538 11432

Wow, most of the qualified team from group E to H were pretty much as expected but Leipzig in and United out is just unexpected and dissapointing. Another CL season, another english team exiting early against Leipzig.

Emrecan_58 3 years ago Edited
Besiktas 149 3375

Leipzig is a good team bro. I don't see it as unexpected. But ManU had a higher chance than Leipzig.
United shouldn't have lost to Başakşehir anyway, but in İstanbul all of them had tough times. ManU had the worst as they almost always lose in İstanbul.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Leipzig is a good team bro. I don't see it as unexpected. But ManU had a higher chance than Leipzig.
United shouldn't have lost to Başakşehir anyway, but in İstanbul all of them had tough times. ManU had thw worst as they always do in İstanbul.

United shouldn't have lost to Başakşehir anyway, but in İstanbul all of them had tough times. ManU had thw worst as they always almost lose in İstanbul.

DarthFooty 3 years ago
Queens Park Rangers, United States 36 1099

How bout that PSG match? Oh, there isn't one because some people are idiots! haha

The Leipzig match was Man Udt taking them too lightly and could not get back into it. Not trying to take anything away from RB as they are a solid team, proving that over these last few years. Was that prep due to coaching or the players? Off to Europa League for the Red Devils now.

Emobot7 3 years ago
538 11432

@Emrecan You right mate, that might I have been a bit harsh about Leipzig but honestly, after their initial win against PSG, I was seriously expecting United to get through to the knockout phase. Personally, as a neutral with a small preference for United, I would have liked it better if they would have managed to make it through their group.

But yeah, good work by Leipzig, proven that they didn't get lucky last year.