Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Carrick, Rojo, Jones & Blind will miss Saturday's game at Chelsea.
AlexBatak 9 years ago Edited
Chelsea, Italy 204 2707

Manchester United injury news: Michael Carrick, Daley Blind, Phil Jones and Marcos Rojo will MISS Chelsea match, confirms Louis van Gaal

Manchester United have suffered a massive injury blow ahead of their crunch match against Chelsea on Saturday.

Four first-team players - Michael Carrick, Daley Blind, Phil Jones and Marcos Rojo - have been ruled out for the game at Stamford Bridge, confirmed their manager Louis van Gall on the club's in-house TV channel MUTV.

The quartet have been crucial in United's recent run, with Carrick and Blind in particular in fantastic form.

"It's part of life in football," said the Dutch coach.

Carrick is still suffering from a calf injury he suffered in the 4-2 win over Manchester City while Blind has been forced out due to an ankle problem he picked up when he was tackled by City captain Vincent Kompany.

Rojo has an adductor problem while Jones is ruled out with an ankle complaint.The good news for Van Gaal is that left-back Luke Shaw is fit to return to the side following a six-week absence.

But the fact that Blind and Carrick are out leaves Van Gaal short in one of the most crucial positions in his 4-3-3 system - that of the holding midfielder.

Because he is so bereft of options there, the Dutchman is considering dropping Wayne Rooney back into the position even though the United skipper has been in good form since he moved up front following a mixed spell in midfield.

Van Gaal added: "I don't have another option or I have to play Wayne Rooney again in that position."

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Manchester United injury news: Michael Carrick, Daley Blind, Phil Jones and Marcos Rojo will MISS Chelsea match, confirms Louis van Gaal

Manchester United have suffered a massive injury blow ahead of their crunch match against Chelsea on Saturday.

Four first-team players - Michael Carrick, Daley Blind, Phil Jones and Marcos Rojo - have been ruled out for the game at Stamford Bridge, confirmed their manager Louis van Gall on the club's in-house TV channel MUTV.

The quartet have been crucial in United's recent run, with Carrick and Blind in particular in fantastic form.

"It's part of life in football," said the Dutch coach.

Carrick is still suffering from a calf injury he suffered in the 4-2 win over Manchester City while Blind has been forced out due to an ankle problem he picked up when he was tackled by City captain Vincent Kompany.

Rojo has an adductor problem while Jones is ruled out with an ankle complaint.

The good news for Van Gaal is that left-back Luke Shaw is fit to return to the side following a six-week absence.

But the fact that Blind and Carrick are out leaves Van Gaal short in one of the most crucial positions in his 4-3-3 system - that of the holding midfielder.

Because he is so bereft of options there, the Dutchman is considering dropping Wayne Rooney back into the position even though the United skipper has been in good form since he moved up front following a mixed spell in midfield.

Van Gaal added: "I don't have another option or I have to play Wayne Rooney again in that position."

Comments
TheGame 9 years ago
Manchester United 104 1380

S***! F***! The good news is that Shaw is fit? The self-proclaimed Chelsea fan? This can't get any worse. That formation and starting 11 was working so well for us. Sigh..Oh well. It had to end sometime.

AlexBatak 9 years ago
Chelsea, Italy 204 2707

@TheGame I feel you mate. I only hope that Remy will be fit for tomorrow and Costa against Arsenal. Otherwise, I think it will just end with a draw which is ok for us. It would be great if we can win against United and Arsenal to just end this and let the young players have fun in the last remaining fixtures.

AlexBatak 9 years ago
Chelsea, Italy 204 2707

This is what some Manchester United fans expect the lineup against Chelsea.

TheGame 9 years ago

Idk mate. Although I would love a draw now, I am not so optimistic about our chances anymore. Carrick, Daley and Jones have been big, big players for us over the last few games. Even if Costa and Remy aren't fit, you guys have Drogba, who is a monster every time he plays against us. I think the title race will be decided by week 35 or 36, so Chelsea will definitely have a chance to play some youth for sure.

AlexBatak 9 years ago
Chelsea, Italy 204 2707

Here is Louis van Gaal explaining why four #mufc players will miss the trip to Chelsea.

I hope so.

TheGame 9 years ago

This is a nightmare. I forgot that Evans is still suspended. We have no chance but to play with McNair. I am not so sure about Rooney in the holding role. I can see Fellaini playing there.

AlexBatak 9 years ago
Chelsea, Italy 204 2707

Whatever happened to RVP btw? I rarely see him playing

TheGame 9 years ago Edited

He got injured in the Swansea game and has been out since. IMO we have been playing much better without him, because he tends to slow the game down in the final third. Also, thanks for the video. Just watched it. LVG will need to tactically pull something huge to get anything out of this game.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

He got injured in the Arsenal FA cup game and has been out since. IMO we have been playing much better without him, because he tends to slow the game down in the final third. Also, thanks for the video. Just watched it. LVG will need to tactically pull something huge to get anything out of this game.

AlexBatak 9 years ago
Chelsea, Italy 204 2707

You're welcome. Yeah, it will be an interesting match tomorrow, I can't wait.

Eden17Hazard17 9 years ago
Chelsea FC 157 4232

So Remy and Costa are still out?

United_Hates_Blues 9 years ago
Manchester United, England 14 984

Who in the shoutbox for the game? Like always i'm hoping for a fair clean match and hopefully people don't get too carried away. >_>

Eden17Hazard17 9 years ago
Chelsea FC 157 4232

Last 4 games at the bridge have seen 4 red cards. Hoping for a clean fair game but a tactical masterclass from Mourinho.

United_Hates_Blues 9 years ago
Manchester United, England 14 984

Haven't seen Alex in forever hopefully we can chill like the old days .^_^