Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Carlos Vela WILL be an Arsenal player
quikzyyy 10 years ago Edited
Arsenal 429 9002

Arsenal are set to sign Carlos Vela for a second time after Real Sociedad confirmed the former Gunners striker WILL be playing for Arsene Wenger at the Emirates next season.

Vela left north London in 2012 after failing to make an impact in the first-team, but has developed into a fearsome forward during his time with the La Liga outfit. The Mexico international had recently claimed that he would jump at the chance to link up with Wenger once again, despite not enjoying his first stint at the club, and Arsenal are set to activate his £3.2million buyback clause to seal their first signing of the summer.

Sociedad president Jokin Aperribay confirmed the deal, saying: "*Arsenal have informed us that Vela would be with them next season.*"

The 25-year-old was in fine form last season, helping himself to 16 goals and 12 assists in 34 games, and is keen to help the Gunners build on their recent FA Cup glory.

He added: "Arsenal gave me the opportunity to come to Europe when I was 17. I didn't have as many opportunities as I expected and I had to try new options. If I have to return to London, I will try to make things in a different way so what happened in the past won't be repeated again."

In the end my favourite goal with with Vela in the end.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Arsenal are set to sign Carlos Vela for a second time after Real Sociedad confirmed the former Gunners striker WILL be playing for Arsene Wenger at the Emirates next season.

Vela left north London in 2012 after failing to make an impact in the first-team, but has developed into a fearsome forward during his time with the La Liga outfit.

The Mexico international had recently claimed that he would jump at the chance to link up with Wenger once again, despite not enjoying his first stint at the club, and Arsenal are set to activate his £3.2million buyback clause to seal their first signing of the summer.

Sociedad president Jokin Aperribay confirmed the deal, saying: "*Arsenal have informed us that Vela would be with them next season.*"

The 25-year-old was in fine form last season, helping himself to 16 goals and 12 assists in 34 games, and is keen to help the Gunners build on their recent FA Cup glory.

He added: "Arsenal gave me the opportunity to come to Europe when I was 17. I didn't have as many opportunities as I expected and I had to try new options. If I have to return to London, I will try to make things in a different way so what happened in the past won't be repeated again."

Vela left north London in 2012 after failing to make an impact in the first-team, but has developed into a fearsome forward during his time with the La Liga outfit.
The Mexico international had recently claimed that he would jump at the chance to link up with Wenger once again, despite not enjoying his first stint at the club, and Arsenal are set to activate his £3.2million buyback clause to seal their first signing of the summer.

Comments
KingHenry 10 years ago
Arsenal, France 44 1362

for 3m he's an absolute bargain, sign him up wenger. If we add to that a RB, a DM (talks of us getting Khedira are going around), and another striker and this would be a dream summer for the arsenal.

tiki_taka 10 years ago Edited
Barcelona, France 367 9768

A bargain ? Its a steal, he is valued about 20M euros, what a good deal for Arsenal. Atletico were willing to pay 7 times more for him to replace Costa Departure...
Very smart move, promising transfert market for Arsenal.

• History

A bargain ? Its a steal, he is valued about 20M euros, what a good deal for Arsenal. Atletico were willing to pay 7 times more for him to replace Costa Departure...
Very smart move, promising transfert market for Arsenal.

Jimbet 10 years ago Edited
Arsenal, Malaysia 12 1292

ozil needs a pacey with good ball control striker like remy, vela or benzema(surely many more). with slow sloth-moving giroud upfront, our attacks seems dull. Walcott + vela, we would be awesome. a CB,RB and a good DM would kickstart our season good. some rumours though regarding HULK to arsenal. if only it was true. *sigh* COYG

Sorce: http://www.arsenalstation.com/2014/06/10/president-confirms-arsenal-will-trigger-buy-back-clause/

• History

ozil needs a pacey with good ball control striker like remy, vela or benzema(surely many more). with slow sloth-moving giroud upfront, our attacks seems dull. Walcott + vela, we would be awesome. a CB,RB and a good DM would kickstart our season good. some rumours though regarding HULK to arsenal. if only it was true. *sigh* COYG

GunnerAFC 10 years ago
Arsenal, England 47 1026

I cannot tell you how happy I am hearing this!! I've always thought that Vela was class. Wonderful news.

ChelseaRox10 10 years ago
Chelsea, England U19 142 979

Great news for Arsenal fans

Tacuachillo 10 years ago
Barcelona, Mexico 8 242

Great deal for Vela. Still can't believe he chose not to play in the World Cup.

GunnerAFC 10 years ago
Arsenal, England 47 1026

I hope it gets confirmed. I'd be devastated if he doesn't come back.

KingHenry 10 years ago
Arsenal, France 44 1362

@gunner him not being at the world cup means he's free so wenger can take care of this fast. I hope we hear his final say soon. I hate waiting............... Remember higuain ?

GunnerAFC 10 years ago
Arsenal, England 47 1026

The whole Higuain situation... ughhh. I hope we get business done quickly this window.

Jimbet 10 years ago Edited
Arsenal, Malaysia 12 1292

Vela looked set for a switch back to the Emirates with Arsene Wenger keen on activating a buy-back clause in the Mexican's contract.

However, it appears Vela is not keen on moving back to the club where he made just three Premier League starts in six seasons.

Real Sociedad president Jokin Apperibay said: "We are fortunate that the player is keen to stay in San Sebastian with us and that’s an important factor for Real Sociedad."

Just yesterday Apperibay suggested the player was set to return to the Emirates Stadium in a £3.2m deal.

He said: "Arsenal have informed us that Vela would be with them next season."

But, after yet another twist, a deal for the former Gunner looks dead in the water.

Starsport revealed last week that Vela would prefer a move to Champions League runners-up Atletico Madrid rather than a return to London.

Source : http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/383342/Arsenal-set-to-miss-out-on-Carlos-Vela-as-Real-Sociedad-star-pulls-transfer-u-turn

• History

Vela looked set for a switch back to the Emirates with Arsene Wenger keen on activating a buy-back clause in the Mexican's contract.

However, it appears Vela is not keen on moving back to the club where he made just three Premier League starts in six seasons.

Real Sociedad president Jokin Apperibay said: "We are fortunate that the player is keen to stay in San Sebastian with us and that’s an important factor for Real Sociedad."

Just yesterday Apperibay suggested the player was set to return to the Emirates Stadium in a £3.2m deal.

He said: "Arsenal have informed us that Vela would be with them next season."

But, after yet another twist, a deal for the former Gunner looks dead in the water.

Starsport revealed last week that Vela would prefer a move to Champions League runners-up Atletico Madrid rather than a return to London.

Source : http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/383342/Arsenal-set-to-miss-out-on-Carlos-Vela-as-Real-Sociedad-star-pulls-transfer-u-turn

koldimere 10 years ago
Arsenal, Germany 86 974

Nah man I heard Vela doesn't want to come back to Arsenal. He prefers the La Liga. Why would anyone want to come back to a club that never you a chance?

quikzyyy 10 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

Don't forget Chelsea sold Matic and bought him now again.

ramaboy10 10 years ago
Mauritius 285 6463

Apparentley he doesn't want to go...

KingHenry 10 years ago
Arsenal, France 44 1362

so news are coming from everywhere now that Sociedad's president is in london to buy out the buy back clause for a reported £11m. No vela for us, let's see what's wenger's plan for this summer. He rejects both fabregas and vela, easy signings. That takes some intent, and it makes me rather optimistic for transfers.

quikzyyy 10 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

Carlos Vela has sealed his permanent move to Real Sociedad from Arsenal.

liomessi10 10 years ago
Barcelona, Argentina 222 3053

I like having him in la liga.
So glad he didn't go.

CroatiaFan123 10 years ago
Arsenal, Croatia 66 2775

Yeah,love that guy!