Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Captains of Change Programme - project for diversity (UEFA)
tuan_jinn 10 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

UEFA President Michel Platini believes that the new Captains of Change management programme can "establish real equal opportunities for all minorities in football".

On this topic, formal Milan captain Seedorf: “It is sad to see there are so few black coaches. Of the now retired players of colour, how many of them became coaches?"

In short, this programme is to make/help black people to become manager, or in management board more (also religion, handicap, gender etc).

The idea sounds really nice and ethical etc... but is this relevant???

Football clubs or any kind of association is like business, they need the right, top people for the job. If he's black and he's good, he is selected. May be it's not the case everywhere so this project will help. But what Seedorf said is quite stupid or has been taken out of context, there are not a lot of black coaches is because they are not suitable or they prefer to do something else, not because they are black, IMO.

So, what do you guys think why they have such a project? FOR THE REAL REASON?

This is quite a sensitive topic, so if you guys want to discuss, let keep it's nice.

Links:
http://www.uefa.org/social-responsibility/news/newsid=2145259.html

http://www.goal.com/en/news/10/italy/2014/09/11/5098413/seedorf-lack-of-black-coaches-is-sad?ICID=HP_TS_1

Comments
decentK 10 years ago
Arsenal 38 2896

I just can't believe that colour matters these days in professional football, I just can't see it happening atm. There might be one or two occasions, which would be really sad. But the truth is still that there are REALLY few black managers these days, same can be said regarding asian managers tbh. But why? I just don't understand.

tuan_jinn 10 years ago

Because those in this sport are just not good enough. Black people are very strong physically, nice, wild that's their benefit, but fewer have bright constructive mind (which mostly important for a manager). Especially in sport. it's fact, nothing racist about it.

Most of my friends back at the Uni who are African, or has African root. They are just like any another fine students. But very very few are among the top ones (im talking about 20% top). They have other exceptional skills, but certainly not leaders.

Some of us were just not born with it, or take a long time to train... :) Myself is no different.

But of course that not all black people, those are just people I know of and in my environment back then (Western Europe).

AlexBatak 10 years ago
Chelsea, Italy 204 2707

Colour has nothing to do with football or coaching or anything whatsoever.

Salahadin 10 years ago
Real Madrid, France 11 554

I can see Yaya toure as a couch but don't you dare forget his birthday or else....

tiki_taka 10 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

tuan_jinn 10 years ago

@Alex: I completely agree, that's why I think the whole programme is quite irrelevant (especially Seedorf's remark), if they are good, doesn't matter what color their skills are, they will be chosen.

Toure can be a great leader & coach indeed, so does Drogba. Only if they want to, if they prefer traveling around and enjoy life differently then...

tiki_taka 10 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Makelele has been given a chance lately in Ligue 1.

CroatiaFan123 10 years ago
Arsenal, Croatia 66 2775

Color doesn't matter,everyone could be a menager or menagment board.

AlexBatak 10 years ago
Chelsea, Italy 204 2707

Anyway though, good players very rarely become a great managers regardless of the colour this is why I think it's pointless. :)

ashwin1729 10 years ago
Manchester United, England 10 704

Anyone who brings race, religion, and gender politics into sports or education should be banned. While there are some backward areas in the world that need assistance, starting a local school or club that will expose them to current practises and techniques will benefit them rather than push them with a brand of social politics.

decentK 10 years ago
Arsenal 38 2896

1:04-1:30 I think that's really well said there.

tuan_jinn 10 years ago

I feel its like: Platini and co. want to use this sensitive topic that everyone cares for (against racism) to cover his corrupted ass in other areas, this move makes him look great though. I dont deny the good intention of it but still, it's irrelevant and there are much more areas they should have spent $ on.

tuan_jinn 10 years ago

@decentK: thanks for sharing. Great vid.

And yeah, they are doing exactly what Morgen said: making thing bigger than they needed to be ....

Eden17Hazard17 10 years ago
Chelsea FC 157 4232

Yaya Toure has said it time and time before. He doesn't get the recognition he deserves because he's African. Seedorf also would've become a great manager at Milan but was sacked way too early. It kinda like Mourinho last season. Didn't win a trophy, but because of the man he is and what he's capable of, he stayed. To be honest, I can't wait for a black European like Bruma, Berahino or Sterling, or an African like Atsu, Mane, Salah or Musa to completely dominate the fotoball world.

tuan_jinn 10 years ago

@Eden: mate, this kind of statement you just made makes the African things sounds bad... tell me any of those players had any kind of ability to be a manager???

As for Toure, he say it doesn mean its true. He has been praised by everyone, and no one ever deny his importance... May be he was refering to Ballon 'Or? There are people whoś better than him, heś top 10 for sure but not the top, Busquet was a head of him in Barca because heś fit the system better, and it worked, they won a lot. Thatś plain and simple.

Aside from that, a lot of people are underrated, a lot of WHITE player are underrated... so NOT ONLY black people. Racism DOES exists, that's fact, but it has absolutely nothing todo with those management position and programme.