Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Cancelled leagues
_Pelle_ 4 years ago
Paris Saint-Germain 156 6871

So ligue un season 2019/2020 is cancelled. Maybe more leagues will follow... and it feels so awfully bad. But it is what it is.

The biggest winners will probably be teams that were about to be relegated, and the biggest losers probably teams that could have been promoted. This situation is very unfair and I think/suggest that as a compensation, teams that wont get promoted instead get economical compensation. The money can be taken from teams that would have been relegated.

Do you agree or have any thoughts?

Comments
tuan_jinn 4 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

Agree to 70%.

This is part of the problem, the whole thing caused by that 'teams that would have been relegated' <== it is not possible to determine which one would....

I know the situation is heart breaking... I really hope they work out some kind of deal for this.

Emobot7 4 years ago
538 11426

Wait, I thought Ligue 1 wasn't canceled per see but simply that they froze the current standing? Like for example, PSG get the title and team that were in 19th and 20th spot are immediatly relegated. Did Footmercato wrongly informed me?

Anyway, you can add Eredivisie to the list of canceled league, their 2019-2020 season is a white over there, no champion nor relegated team. UEFA propably won't be too happy about since from what I understand, they wanted every league to complete their season.

expertfootball11 4 years ago
Real Madrid, France 64 2837

Should suspend relegations IMO, unless there is the 20th lagging behind like 20 points inside the relegation zone, something to that nature.

Emobot7 4 years ago
538 11426

Damn, another one. Heart getting relegated is a bit dissapointing, alway felt it was actually a pretty solid team for some reason.