Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Camp Nou Clasico unfairly scheduled (March 22nd)
tuan_jinn 9 years ago Edited
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

The next Clasico clash between Barcelona and Real Madrid will be played on March 22, Spain's Professional Football League (LFP) has confirmed.
The game takes place on a Sunday evening at 21:00 CET and comes just four days after Barca's Champions League last-16 second-leg game against Manchester City.

Madrid, meanwhile, can prepare for the famous fixture without midweek distractions as they are in action against Schalke the previous week.

Im not so sure if that was on purpose, but this is really unfair from all I have read. I dont know all the options LFP have at hand, but I smell something a bit fishy here. I seriously doubt if Perez hasn't done anything. May be Im just wrong.

Saturday 28th March / Sunday 29th March would be best (check comment below)

After all, we all want a fair beautiful, and probably the best rival of the football wall.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

The next Clasico clash between Barcelona and Real Madrid will be played on March 22, Spain's Professional Football League (LFP) has confirmed.

The game takes place on a Sunday evening at 21:00 CET and comes just four days after Barca's Champions League last-16 second-leg game against Manchester City.

Madrid, meanwhile, can prepare for the famous fixture without midweek distractions as they are in action against Schalke the previous week.

Im not so sure if that was on purpose, but this is really unfair from all I have read. I dont know all the options LFP have at hand, but I smell something a bit fishy here. I seriously doubt if Perez hasn't done anything. May be Im just wrong.

After all, we all want a fair beautiful, and probably the best rival of the football wall.

Saturday 28th March / Sunday 29th March would be best (check comment below)

Comments
Lilywhite 9 years ago
28 468

Lol quit the whining. 4 days is more than enough rest.

ramaboy10 9 years ago
Mauritius 285 6463

^ Clearly you've never been forced to push your body limits for 90 minutes and then do train to do the same 4 days later.

Lilywhite 9 years ago
28 468

Of corse i have and its no problem. Only weak people say the opposite.

Marcus2011 9 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

Well , welcome to EPL world , when FA does this things to us ( EPL clubs ) week and week out especially in spring .

liomessi10 9 years ago
Barcelona, Argentina 222 3053

4 days is enough

tiki_taka 9 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

The worst thing is about details, since la liga title each year is about details ( 1 pt last year, goal difference few years just before ), im more worried about plenty of wrong off sides goals, Penalties non whistled or dives whistled in the other hand, last minute help or controversy, thats worry me more than the few time to prepare...

We are not in Franco era, but if you watch Barça/Madrid games regularly, something is fishy, many people in Spain are clearly against Barça lately for their politic views wanting the independance of Cataluna and it actually has affected indirectly the race.

Messi got refused 3 valid goals due to inexistant offsides and Barça got denied at least 5 PKs ( only what i still remember ) and it costed Barça some important points ( Against Getafe, Against Vigo.... )

For the CL/Clasico, Real got Schalke, Barça got City just like last year, not gonna complain or say its intential but Barça can still make it on the league and qualify for quarters, but they should kill the game against City in the first leg, and even so Messi will be on form because he walks a lot and knows how to keep some juice ( Only when Barça have a confortable lead ) and Enrique is doing good rotations...

Atletico last year, played Barça at Camp Nou for the league and 3 days later had to deal with CL final against Madrid, loosing Arda Turan and Diego Costa in the fight.

Its not very surprising, but at the same time its not mission impossible, if Barça gets a good result in England, they could rotate for the 2nd leg at Camp Nou considering that the Clasico will be more complicated and in case players want to make a Historical win with many goals and entertainment...

Im more worried about the refreiing details, that already costed Barça 4 pts without talking about those given to direct rivals on the race.

Marcus2011 9 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

I would even add that 4 days is pretty good . Try 2 days to rest . or 1 day some time .

tuan_jinn 9 years ago

@Lilywhite: seriously???? of course it's kinda enough to recover but you can't recover to the very best. A team needs to be at their very best to play against their beast team such as Real. That's the whole point.

Spurs doesn't often play top flight games, ask Chelsea, MU, Barca, Real, BVB or any top teams to see how they feel about tight unbalance schedule. Some make good results and some dont. It feels unfair that's all.

@tiki: Im not sure that the case. But even if it is, it's normal. MU has a lot of unreasonable haters too. When you doing really well, you would have a lot of haters. I do acknowledge that Barca has so many wrong calls this season, and bad fouls against, but that's just football.

@Marcus: the thing is in our EPL the Xmas period is insane, and FA sometimes give ridiculous schedules

DrunkenMonkey 9 years ago
West Ham United, England 16 204

You can't win in this situation, if real only had 4 days to prepare then we would hear the same thing from the madrid fans. Even if it was a week earlier then you would complain that it doesn't give you enough time for Man City. IMO La Liga have done the right thing and put the game as lat as possible on sunday night. Also champions pull through this type of stuff and win. Barca have a big squad so they can rotate their squad, they get paid so much that 4 days is more than enough rest.

tiki_taka 9 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

If it would motivate players to bring a win from England, then no problem for me.

Madrid got this in first leg, ok that was just Liverpool, and the game was over in first half, but they got the credit to end it quickly and rest the players...

Its not the same rival, nor the same importance of the game, But i believe if Barça scores first in first leg, it wont cause any problem... ( If not than Barça will spend more energy in second leg and go a bit tired fro the clasico )
Thankfully both games are at home, so i personally think Barça should not complain.

quikzyyy 9 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

Marcus is totally right, 4 days are totally okay, Arsenal is playing EPL 14. march and UCL 17. march (second leg)

RealMadrid17 9 years ago Edited
Real Madrid 20 755

Madrid didn't complain when Atletico had 1 week to rest while Real had 4 days only... I dont see the big problem. It has happened before the other day around... Madrid had Bayern and Barca both in one week once. I agree its unfair that one team has more time to rest, but it has been the same for the opposite end in other occasions. That being said, I'm happy that Madrid has more rest time than Barca ;D

• History

Madrid didn't complain when Atletico had 1 week to rest while Real had 4 days only... I dont see the big problem. It has happened before the other day around... Madrid had Bayern and Barca both in one week once. I agre its unfair that one team has more time to rest, but it has been the same for the opposite end in other occasions. That being said, I'm happy that Madrid has more rest time than Barca ;D

tuan_jinn 9 years ago Edited

Yep, your guys' comments are reasonable. But this is slightly different. Correct me if I am wrong, but I have checked a few more options and I must say LFP could have done better:

They can play on Wednesday 25th March or even better Saturday 28th March / Sunday 29th March without hurting any team.

Because:

• The CL's R16 2nd leg ends on 17/18 March
    - The next CL's QF 1st leg starts on 14 April
    -> there are plenty of time between 18th March and 14th April

• The 2nd leg of Copa Del Rey (Villarreal vs Barca) is on 3rd March
    -> that makes the decided El Clasico' is on 22nd March sounds weird.

29th March is the date football fans around the world would love to see.

• History

Yep, your guys' comments are reasonable. But this is slightly different. Correct me if I am wrong, but I have checked a few more options and I must say LFP could have done better:

They can play on Wednesday 25th March or even better Saturday 28th March or Sunday 29th March without hurting any team.

Because:

• The CL's R16 2nd leg ends on 17/18 March
    - The next CL's QF 1st leg starts on 14 April
    -> there are plenty of time between 18th March and 14th April

• The 2nd leg of Copa Del Rey (Villarreal vs Barca) is on 3rd March

-> that makes the decided El Clasico' is on 22nd March sounds weird.

29th March is the date football fans around the world would love to see.

Dynastian98 9 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

The matchweek was already decided. I don't see why it's such a big problem when Barcelona can simply appeal the date. Madrid's done that before.

If you think this is unfair, try facing Barcelona 3 days before and after a Bayern Munich tie in the CL semifinals. Yeah, that's right. Same for Barca. They had to play us and Chelsea twice in the space of 6 days.

20yrsmoreliver 9 years ago
2 9

I'm confused. La liga fixtures just came out or they were since the start of the season. Someone please clarify this.

If the games were scheduled since the start of the season, there's no such thing that LFP do a favor to Real. It's just because of UCL.

Deal with it people sigh :(

tuan_jinn 9 years ago

@Dyn: yeah, but in the end I just try to make the best option for the best game. 4 days isn't so bad indeed

Last year I was complaining the same thing about Real's harsh schedule. I meant, LFP could have done a better job.

Dynastian98 9 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

@Tuan

LFP do the best they can in terms of fixtures. They're much more helpful and understanding of fixture dates than the English FA. However, these dates came out a long time ago. It is sheer coincidence that this happened, so there should be no problem. Besides, Barcelona are playing at home.

tuan_jinn 9 years ago

Well for round 28th the date didn't come out long ago, not until both clubs have their say. During the Club World Cup, LFP had to adapt too, so why not this time.

But I agree, may be I was just wrong,, LFP does do a better job than the English.

liomessi10 9 years ago
Barcelona, Argentina 222 3053

barcelona might get more rest due to not being in cl anymore. hopefully not though. cl is more important