Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

CALLING ALL LIVERPOOL FANS...
Footaholic 11 years ago
Arsenal, Egypt 178 2277

Dear Liverpudlians & Scouse-lovers:
There seems to finally be some credible transfer news that you (may or may not) be happy to hear. Various news sources are reporting that Liverpool have already signed
1- 23 year-old striker Daniel Sturridge from Chelsea for  £12m

Additionally, some suggest that
2- "Rodgers also hopes to sign Blackpool's 20-year-old winger Tom Ince in January, 16 months after Liverpool sold him to the Championship club." It is estimated that he is valued at £6m.

Everyone knows how much you all need another striker but I'm not sure how you'll feel about landing Sturridge. For my money, despite his bad press, he is a very promissing talent and can develop into quite a lethal finisher IF he is played as the CF. I don't think this would be too big of an issue as IMO Suarez is more suited as an striker that comes in from the wing (ala Cavani).

Let me know what ya'll think. I hope I was able to spread some sort of Christmas cheer.

Comments
nandaYNWA 11 years ago
Liverpool, Australia 87 946

We shouldn't be signing players who aren't even good enough to be in the starting XI (Sturridge for Chelsea)
As for Ince, he left us for Blackpool and now we're signing him again, wtf? What stupid team does that! But he's is promising for the future :)
Rogers has only been given 20 million pounds, so I guess we can't expect any major signings, I would have loved to get Walcott though.

Trollman 11 years ago
Chelsea, Egypt 32 525

I disagree, nanda. Glen Johnson was a Chelsea youth and when he was old enough to play for the first team,he rarlye got chances. Now look at where he is in your team. Sturridge wouldn't be too bad if he joins you guys.

tdot2barca 11 years ago
Assyriska FF, Brazil 35 956

I believe Sturridge can be great he just needs some playing time.

raimondo90 11 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

I would have picked up Lamela from Roma or perhaps Ba. Sturridge is too much of a liability. He can be extremely selfish and miss most of the shots he does take. 

Trollman 11 years ago
Chelsea, Egypt 32 525

I didn't think he was selfish with Great Britain in the Olympics. Maybe a bit too unselfish in the Olympics. Plus, he is only 23. So he will learn from his mistakes.

Footaholic 11 years ago
Arsenal, Egypt 178 2277

He is only "selfish" for a Winger (which he is terrible at because that's not his position). As such, his perceived selfishness would be an attribute for a starting CF. 

expertfootball11 11 years ago
Real Madrid, France 64 2837

I honestly believe it's better for him to play normaly, almost every game than being selfish at Chelsea. Or i would pick up any Dortmund player.

PuppetMaster 11 years ago
England 15 331

daniel mentality is to score goals not to cross the ball to torres 

SvenBender6 11 years ago
Borussia Dortmund, Germany 1 38

i think sturridge should stay and start ahead of torres,his selfish as a winger only but his really lethal and really fast and i believe he is better than torres,just needs to start games only

expertfootball11 11 years ago
Real Madrid, France 64 2837

Agree with Sven, Sturridge and Torres shoudln't be together.

Footaholic 11 years ago
Arsenal, Egypt 178 2277

MORE Good News for You Pool Fans:

Sky Sports: Liverpool winger Raheem Sterling has agreed a new five-year contract, committing his future to the Anfield club until 2017.
Guardian: "Confirmation of Sterling's new five-year contract is expected to be announced by the club within the next 48 hours."

Am I not a bearer of good news? Where's my Christmas gift!

PuppetMaster 11 years ago
England 15 331

lfc should be aware not to overuse this guy he is 18 years old and he is palying football every week . hope he doesnt turn out like michael owen who he gave it all at the young age in lfc

nandaYNWA 11 years ago
Liverpool, Australia 87 946

@Trollman

1) Johnson isn't selfish
2) Sturridge is
3) Liverpool need someone with experience, who can convert all the chances Suarez and co make, but also assist Suarez.
4) Sturridge isn't that person, and in years to come if we sign him, he never will be!
5) I'm the only Liverpool fan in this post, so how do you know what Liverpool need and what they don't need?