Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Bundesliga starting tomorrow
Emobot7 4 years ago Edited
538 11432

So, football is restarting tomorrow in germany, anyone hyped? As if football starting again wasn't enough of a good news, amid tomorrow games, there is the Revierderby, that is, the game between BVB and Schalke 04. I'll definetly try to catch that one. What about you guys?

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

So, football is restarting tomorrow in germany, anyone hyped? As if football starting again wasn't enough of a good news, amid tomorrow games, there is the Revierderby, that is, the game between BVB and Schalke 04. I'll definetly try to catch that one.

Comments
DarthFooty 4 years ago
Queens Park Rangers, United States 36 1098

On one hand, I am very excited and BVB is my fav team in Germany, so will be watching that match. I am a fan of sport, so of course, I want it all back on.

On the other hand, I just don't think its wise, this soon. What happens if half a team test positive, then the entire team must quarantine? Do they lose any matches they were supposed to play while quarantined?

At some point, we do have to try and return to job sites, places, and get back out there. There is some science to herd infection benefiting antibodies and built tolerances. We will see how it goes. I know Germany has a strong health care system, so they might be able to keep it under control.

_Pelle_ 4 years ago
Paris Saint-Germain 156 6884

I love it! If they can keep it going, and safe, I’m definitely behind the decision to restart. We’re dying of famine out here and need to be fed with football 😁

_Pelle_ 4 years ago

What do you people think of football restarting?

expertfootball11 4 years ago
Real Madrid, France 64 2837

If it doesn't screw up next season's timings, then it's ok. New season 2020/2021 needs to start in August regardless.

Emobot7 4 years ago
538 11432

If they can keep it going, and safe, I’m definitely behind the decision to restart.

My view exactly. I do feel a bit bad for local fans and tourist who would normally watch those game live but lets be honest, game have to restart at one point and the only relatively safe way to do it is in empty stadium. I just hope every person involved in those game will stay healty and that every measure necessary is taken by those in charge.

tuan_jinn 4 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

Same with me!!!!

Emobot7 4 years ago
538 11432

Well damn, what a treat BVB gave us for our first game in a while. Great performance by one of my favorite team in the Bundesliga despite the situation. Its still weird to see the empty stadium and hear the echoes instead of the cheering and the booing of the fans. At the end of the day though, I really enjoyed this BVB vs Schalke game even if it was kinda one sided. Hope the Bundesliga can keep this up and that all the player and staff member manage to stay healty and safe.

expertfootball11 4 years ago
Real Madrid, France 64 2837

They should add some sound effects for all teams, each team should play their fans chant during their most epic game and just play it to conpensate for lack of real fans. It can actually give some nice goosebumps and maintain motivation for players.

DarthFooty 4 years ago

There is talk of the broadcast providing crown noise to match with how the game is going, chants, ect... We will see, but it was sure nice to watch some live footy! Hope all involved stay healthy and show the way all other leagues can operate.

Greatone 4 years ago
Arsenal, Australia 19 727

and none of the highlights of the games are available?

Emobot7 4 years ago
538 11432

@Greatone There is actually some highlight out now, seem they haven't restored the thumbnail like they used to before though. :U

@Expertfootball11 While I get your idea, simulating fan chant could go over poorly with the actual fans, I think. It could also wouldn't change the fact thats its a bit weird.

Wonder if they could patch a zoom discussion on the stadium speakers and invite fan to join those discussion to cheer on their team in real life but from afar?

_Pelle_ 4 years ago

I don’t like the new format of the highlights 😕

SunFlash 4 years ago
USA 19 3260

I watched Dortmund-Schalke and Mainz-Koln.

They were some of the worst technical displays of soccer I'd ever seen (particularly the 4th goal in the Mainz game, I almost put my head through a wall) but I'm so happy to be watching live sports again that I don't even care.

DarthFooty 4 years ago

@SunFlash There definitely was a lot of rust in the technical aspect of the games. BVB's third goal...... Umm did the ball go "through" the keeper? Was his eyes closed?

It was struck really well and had some pace and movement, but from all angles on review, it was nothing the keeper should not have been able to save in my opinion.

There was some nice plays but felt more like a training session. Even the tackles looked less intense, or that they did not get stuck in like a "normal" match.

First games after a decent break, legs just aren't under them yet.

Emobot7 4 years ago
538 11432

Agree with you guys, seen some part of Bayer Leverkusen and Werden Bremen and there were some really ridiculous play in that game as well. Seen some players making a run from the midfield into the box nearly unchallenged by the defense (similar to Mainz fourth goal). Clearly they need to train a bit more before all of them are back a their usual level. :U