Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

BREAKING: PSG Have Sacked Thomas Tuchel
Gennady 3 years ago Edited
Manchester United 284 3961

Thomas Tuchel has been sacked by Paris Saint-Germain, according to reports in Germany.

The decision to part ways with the German manager came hours after the French champions smashed four goals past Racing Strasbourg, which saw them close the gap to Ligue 1 leaders Lyon.

According to Sky Germany, PSG's sporting director Leonardo relieved the 47-year-old of his managerial duties on Wednesday night, which comes four months after Tuchel led the Parisian outfit to the Champions League final.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Thomas Tuchel has been sacked by Paris Saint-Germain, according to reports in Germany.

The decision to part ways with the German manager came hours after the French champions smashed four goals past Racing Strasbourg, which saw them close the gap to Ligue 1 leaders Lyon.

According to Sky Germany, PSG's sporting director Leonardo relieved the 47-year-old of his managerial duties on Wednesday night, which comes four months after Tuchel led the Parisian outfit to the Champions League final.

Comments
_Pelle_ 3 years ago
Paris Saint-Germain 156 6885

Bad move imo... I have had lots of issues with the teams he puts on the field. But now is not the right time... the timing is horrible.

And I don’t understand why clubs sack a manager after a win.

Gennady 3 years ago
Manchester United 284 3961

@Pelle

Exactly. Must have had some issues with the owner or something, otherwise, what the hell is the reason to sack him now.

Emobot7 3 years ago
538 11432

Well, Tuchel is a bit of a free spirit and doesn't exactly hide how he feel about the situation. Clashing with the direction were things that happened often. The fact he finish the first half of Ligue 1 propably didn't help.

However, he still brought PSG to their first CL final. Its really harsh to sack him just a few months before PSG games against Barca imho.

Footy_watch 3 years ago Edited
Arsenal, Brazil 23 1859

/

• History

What an opportunity for Arsenal to sign him but they probably won't

I didnt like what he did with psg anyway so I think it was right to sack him

_Pelle_ 3 years ago

And apparently they want Pochettino instead 🤷‍♂️

Emobot7 3 years ago
538 11432

@Pelle Well, Poch have shown he is great at creating a group that is relatively consistent on the long term but I'm kinda doubtful about how quickly he will bring results to PSG which is obviously what your team want. Quick results.

_Pelle_ 3 years ago

btw I think Tuchel could be a good replacement for Arteta in Arsenal. I dont think he was bad in PSG and he’s shown that he is a top tier manager.

He has some ”Klopp” in him and his philosophy has similarities with Klopps.

Emobot7 3 years ago
538 11432

@Pelle For sure, he would be a potential good fit at a lot of place I would argue. Still think the major reason he was unable to stay at PSG was his complicated relationship with Leonardo. Finally, it would be pretty funny if Arsenal signed another former PSG manager after Unai Emery. XD

Footy_watch 3 years ago Edited
Arsenal, Brazil 23 1859

/

• History

Tuchel isn't my preferred choice but I would expect him to get us at least top 4 every season if he did become our manager

_Pelle_ 3 years ago

Still better than unproven Arteta

tuan_jinn 3 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

Unexpected. And indeed quite a stupid timing.