Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Brasil national team
tdot2barca 11 years ago
Assyriska FF, Brazil 35 956

I was so upset with the performances today. Where is Kaka, Hulk, even Pato? Why can't Neymar play good on an international level? We have no chemistry up front we could only score off a defenders mistake.

Comments
raimondo90 11 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

They are crap, sorry but being realistic. They are currently ranked 15 in FIFA world Ranking (lowest ever for them). This team they have now will not achieve world cup victory  in their own home soil.

quikzyyy 11 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

i can't help myself

Antarese 11 years ago
Manchester United, Portugal 34 175

from the greatness striker ever

to the most overrated player ever

Vendetta 11 years ago
Chelsea FC, Egypt 202 3025

It's a friendly game, not a World Cup final... Jeez...

Lodatz 11 years ago
Tottenham Hotspur, England 150 4992

@quikzyyy: LOL. That's an awesome pic. And yeah, legendary team, up top.

@tdot2barca: I have to admit, when watching Neymar in that match, I couldn't help but think: "welcome to the big leagues, son". He has bags of talent, but, this was one of his first tests against a solid European defense, and I think he was a little lost. Not that he can't overcome that in time (he really should have scored from that cross from Oscar, and did well to get into the space), but he might well benefit from moving a little earlier than planned, to get himself into 'shape', as it were, against the type of opposition he'll be facing in 2014.

I think, overall, that can be said about most of the squad; you could tell which players were used to this level, and which were not.

Alves was decent (but looked like a hobo with that stubble/afro), but I think this game exposed how isolated he is when not surrounded by his team at Barca. Still, he was competent. Adriano did well, I thought, as did Luiz, and Oscar in particular had a great game, I thought. It really did seem to me that the players who are doing this every week had a much better time than the players who, well, let's be fair, are facing the likes of Gremio and Flamengo instead.

If these lads get some practice in with some more friendlies, I think they can come good in 2014. For me, Pato would not have made any difference, but Hulk certainly would have been a good player for this match.

And while we're saying all this, let's not take away from England's performance, which aside from Cahill's blunder, was pretty high quality. Were it not for Cesar (who I thought showed he is still world class), the scoreline might have been higher? Then again, who expects Brazil to miss a penalty, either? ;P

raimondo90 11 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

@Ven that's true, but honestly I don't think they can play any better than they did today. It's slightly above average at best. Too many egotistical players. They've been crap since before last World Cup. 

GunnerAFC 11 years ago
Arsenal, England 47 1026

Oscar & Cesar were the only stand out players. 

quikzyyy 11 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

I think the main mistake is they are not playing as team. Brazil will probably always got players with big names but I'm afraid in these years they will not be what Brazil was

Heisinburg 11 years ago
Manchester United 67 1516

calm down, it was just a friendly match -.- it's a good opportunity to experiment each country's potential with different players before the actual serious competition, which is the WC.

Dynastian98 11 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

Well you can certainly see that Oscar has definitely benefited from EPL and Champions League play. I mean, did you see him play today? He was fantastic! Just proves Lodatz's theory that Neymar would've done much better tonight if he'd moved to Europe to a top club and some Champions League action to improve his play against top defenders rather than the amateur defending from Brazil.

tdot2barca 11 years ago

Yes I agree. These top Brasilian "brand name" players are so damn stupid not moving to the top leagues. Hulk to Russia, Neymar still in Brasil. I had a feeling we were going to lose today. Sometimes I wish I could just be the manager of Brasil. Where was Kaka? He's still amazing and has all the experience to lead a young squad. Yes it's just a friendly but you would be upset to see what the new generation of Brasil is after the last one (Ronaldo, Ronaldinho, Kaka, Lucio) if you are Brasilian. We are being overshadowed by Messi's Argentina and it's worrying me.

Footaholic 11 years ago
Arsenal, Egypt 178 2277

@tdot2barca: I completely agree about Kaka. Was surprised he wasn't called up today. But look on the bright side, neither was Santos *snickering to self uncontrollably* 
Seriously though, I think everyone is being a bit harsh on Neymar here. I'm not saying he was outstanding, but of the 10 outfield players I thought him and Oscar were by far the best. Ramires, Alves, Lucas, etc. all play in Europe and were really underwhelming. Europe doesn't guarantee that you;ll play well for your NT. Then you have a guy like Paulinho who I thought had a very decent game, even though he still plies his trade in Brasil.

At the end of the day, you may be right that he would have a better chance at success if he was up against European standard defenders every week. But the flip side is that having big players stay in Brasil does more for the longterm good of the nation than progressing further in the WC will. Neymar has been the standard bearer for how good players don't need to leave Brasil but should and help to improve the quality of the league. With time, and continued invesment, this may actually advance the NT football as well. Even now you are starting to see guys like Pato & (soon) Robinho going back while they still have something to contribute. 

Lodatz 11 years ago

...or because the World Cup is coming next summer, and they figure the best way to win selection is to be a crowd-pleaser back home? O:)

Lodatz 11 years ago

<3

tdot2barca 11 years ago

Beautiful. I wish current Brasil was as good as this.

ikoiko 11 years ago
Arsenal, Spain 53 853

Nice compilation! Those days there was a different type of class looming in the air.

ramaboy10 11 years ago
Mauritius 285 6463

Cesar

Alves                            T. Silva                           Lucio                   Marcelo

Kaka

Hulk                                              Ronaldinho                             Ramires   

Fred                                 Fabiano

#My Brazil Squad 2014

Lodatz 11 years ago

@ramaboy10: I'd have Luiz in for Lucio, but other than that, that's a pretty formidable line-up. I'm interested that you have Kaka in at the back of the midfield, switched with Ramires. Would you use him as a pivote?

tdot2barca 11 years ago

Using that formation I would have

Cesar

Alves   T.Silva   Dante   Marcelo

Ramires

Hulk        Kaka      L.Moura

Pato   Neymar