Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Bournemouth sign Chelsea defender Nathan Ake for club record fee
Cummo0161 7 years ago
Manchester United, England 5 5

enter image description here

Nathan Ake is returning to the south coast!

Sky Sports News reported earlier on Friday that the 22-year-old defender was set to sign for the Cherries for £20m and the club soon confirmed their new acquisition.

Ake spent the first half of last season on loan at Bournemouth, making 12 appearances and scoring three goals before being recalled to Stamford Bridge in January, helping the Blues win the Premier League and reach the FA Cup final.

""I had a great time here last season so I'm really happy to be back," Ake told the Bournemouth website.

Bournemouth made a bid to sign Ake at the end of the January transfer window but were rebuffed by Chelsea.

Ake, who made his international debut for Holland against Morocco in March, has previously been on loan with Watford and Reading.

Bournemouth manager Eddie Howe added: "I am delighted that we have completed the signing of Nathan on a permanent basis.

Comments
nigelpayne 7 years ago
Manchester United, England 15 484

bournemouth could be surprisingly good next season with the signings they've made so far

amir_keal 7 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

Great ambition from them. Would love to see Howe manage a big team soon, he's such a great manager with the limited resources he had. They should aim for 50 points this coming season.

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

Agreed with what being said, I'm actually hoping Bournermouth manage to get a top 10 finish this season, they could do it if the player they signed perform.

legends16 7 years ago Edited
Chelsea, England 39 783

I said this already in All transfers rumours and deals.....but....I'll say it again...

Rooting for you Bmouth! Begovic, Ake and Defoe all mean I'll be tempted to watch you whenever Chelsea aren't playing. Plus I real like Howe. Achieved great things and this is just the beginning.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

I said this already in All transfers rumours and deals.....but....I'll say it again...

Rooting for you Bmouth! Howe, Begovic, Ake and Defoe all mean I'll be tempted to watch you whenever Chelsea aren't playing.

Croatian 7 years ago
Bayern Munich, Croatia 23 1323

Damn. Bournemouth has a lot of classy players, Defoe, King, Fraser, Stanislas, both Cook's, Ake, Daniels, Arter, Begovic... if I was them I'd cash in Gradel and Wilson and buy someone for bench and an RB (starter).