Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Biggest Movie Franchise of All Time? Vote!
Lilywhite 7 years ago
28 468

If you think another specific franchise really should be included in the poll, please explain why.

Comments
Jimbet 7 years ago
Arsenal, Malaysia 12 1292

i like LOTR.. but i'll vote for

it starts and ends with an S

:)

_Marcos_ 7 years ago
Sporting CP, Portugal 15 264

I apologize for giving my opinion

rayrex7 7 years ago
Real Madrid, Croatia 26 797

I believe that there is no comparison at all, its either HP or Star Wars. None of the others can even be compared.

Just a suggestion, but why not make a thread about personal favorites franchise? This will make a better discussion and comparison in why each persons prefers the other. No doubt that the two mentioned above are bigger, but I personally prefer Pirates of the Caribbean and Lord of The Rings.

Lilywhite 7 years ago
28 468

@rayrex

I think a lot more people would appreciate maybe indeed if the thread was about personal preference, but I made this really to get a grasp on what is the biggest because I've had this discussion going with a lot of people I know (both friends and family) about which single film franchise is the biggest of them all.

I know posting a poll on Footyroom won't provide the full picture, but it gives you an idea as there are a lot of different people on this forum, and our universal interest is football, so therefore the diversity will be great which is always good for a poll like this (say: posting this on a Harry Potter forum for example wouldn't really give a proper picture). I think though it's pretty clear to see, both here on Footyroom and with everyone I talk to that it's either Harry Potter or Star Wars that is the biggest franchise.

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

.@Lilywhite Sadly, it does start and end with an S, however, as I still haven't seen everything there is to see about HP, I feel like this opinion of mine could change in the future. But I really do love what start and end with an S with a lot of passion, I do not hide that fact. :)

VAMOSBenfica 7 years ago
15 183

Already shared my perspective on this Lilywhite, it really comes down to two franchises, Harry Potter and Star Wars, and from there it's very difficult to say. If you look at what the films have made and the general fandom, HP is bigger in Europe, Asia and South America while SW is bigger in North America and Africa.

The general idea is that Harry Potter will be considered the biggest by a strong margin in a few years when it has had as much time as SW to grow into the society and culture (given its younger age than SW). One shouldn't underestimate the size of Bond and LOTR either, although they are not the size of HP or SW.

Eden17Hazard17 7 years ago
Chelsea FC 157 4232

Happy to see many Harry Potter fans on this forum. LOTR comes in second.

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

@Eden17Hazard17 What about star wars fan? :D

saatvik10 7 years ago
Manchester United, India 27 540

I've already said this, but you guys have no idea the gulf in popularity between HP and Star Wars here in Asia. Everybody sees Harry Potter while few have heard of Star Wars and even fewer are fans. My personal preference is obviously HP, because I kinda grew up with the characters, and it was the series which introduced me to reading fantasy novels.

Cristianoo 7 years ago
Manchester United, England 3 53

You are not alone in knowing that saatvik10. I know as an Indian, that Harry Potter in Asia is like the US presidential election in the US. It's so well-known, popular and has way more followers than any other franchise.

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

@saatvik Well, its fine, I alway liked less popular series. Good to know wich one is more popular in Asia though. ;)

Chelsea FC 157 4232

Well all my friends growing up were Star Wars fans, so I've watched many movies and know all the characters because of them, but I've never felt really interested in it, and can't recall any plotlines. The production for HP was much better in my opinion, more modern as well, and the fact that it was set here on Earth :P, is probably what got me drawn towards it ahead of Star Wars.

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

@Eden17 Thats a good point for HP, while Star Wars had 3 episode that were made in a more modern era, the very best remain the 3 older one who aren't as technicaly impressive. Doesn't change my point of view but I understand some people would love the modern direction a bit more. I realize that as a gamer who played so many good Star Wars game, like Battlefront 2, Knight of the Old Republic or even Star Wars Racer as a lad, I got so much into the universe of Star Wars that it will alway be hard for me to love somehting more than it.

P-S: The first few HP games were actually pretty good though and were great experience as kid. Too bad EA decided not to care about the later one. :(

Chelsea FC 157 4232

That's as well. All my Star Wars friends were much bigger gamers than me, and yeah Star Wars has the more impressive video game series so I can see where you're coming from.

MickelC 1 year ago
0 3

Lord of the Rings is undoubtedly the best movie franchise to date. It has a powerful story and synchronized characters.

MeadowsR 1 year ago Edited
Manchester United 0 3

The Matrix was nice, not the latest one though. I had been holding off from watching The Matrix Resurrections for fear of disappointment, but I eventually went down the rabbit hole.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Lord of the Rings and Star Wars are the best movie franchises to date. Both have a strong storyline spanning to various movies and TV shows.

ArmyMen 1 year ago
Arsenal, England 3 35

JAMES BOND!

MeadowsR 1 year ago
Manchester United 0 3

Lord of the Rings and Star Wars are the best movie franchises to date. Both have a strong storyline spanning to various movies and TV shows.