Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Biggest flop FiFA world cup 2022
_Pelle_ 1 year ago
Paris Saint-Germain 156 6885

Which team was the biggest flop this tournament?

Comments
_Pelle_ 1 year ago
Paris Saint-Germain 156 6885

I was thinking of adding Qatar… but honestly nothing else was expected than being dead last.

SunFlash 1 year ago
USA 19 3260

Germany feels like the obvious answer. Denmark and Mexico probably have shouts too. Belgium wound up finishing 3rd in a group behind two semi-finalists so it's difficult to knock that too much.

Emobot7 1 year ago
538 11432

I'm gonna say Denmark because expectation were high and they were on a ascending form, great performance in the Euro and Nation League, all that was left was a good performance at this world cup... But it just didn't happen. Worse part is a lot of people actually expected them to top their group but they ended up dead last.

Germany haven't had a lots of good results in recent tournaments so it wasn't completely a surprise. They basically lost the qualification to Spain because of goals difference.

Belgium could have eliminated Croatia if Lukaku managed to score one of his many great chances.

Without taking away anything from Morocco, Spain and Portugal could have done so much better with better coaches. Spain playing the possession for the sake of possession without much danger, there's a reason they only won 1 game in this tournament. As for Fernando Santos, he seemed to have changed a bit and improved but he dropped the ball against Morocco. Why play Neves against such a physically gifted size?

Likewise, Brazil made one mistake against Croatia by not being able to keep their lead and they paid the ultimate price for it, hard to really say they were dissapointing imho. If anything, I'd rather say Croatia was more impressive than expected, especially defensively. Great performance all tournament long by their keeper and especially in that game.

DarthFooty 1 year ago
Queens Park Rangers, United States 36 1099

It's a very close Denmark and Germany race for me, and I give the edge to Germany. The Danes came in with some strong play and higher hopes but when I look at Germany, especially in World Cups, we tend to see them at least go further than group play. To add to that, it was more than just the results. They did not look like a solid front-to-back team.

Belgium could have and should have, and I feel bad for Lukaku.

Spain did itself in and I feel like the coaching staff let them down in the end. All coaches need to have different styles of play at the ready, or different tactics to help try and unlock the match. Death by a thousand passes is a bad way to go out. haha

Brazil was also a victim of its own dance mentality. Had they committed a bit more to defense in that crucial time, we might have seen a different champion. Again, coaching should have tried to buckle down. I am not saying to park the bus, but change formations a bit to allow better coverage in space. You can still counter with the players they had out there. In fact, the counter would have been on, if they moved some pieces around a bit.

quikzyyy 1 year ago
Arsenal 429 9002

for me Belgium..

Footy_watch 1 year ago
Arsenal, Brazil 23 1859

Germany, Denmark and Belgium being bad wasn't a surprise. Brasil was the biggest flop as we were expected to win the world cup.

expertfootball11 1 year ago
Real Madrid, France 64 2837

I would say Spain, there was no game in which they played well except for costa rica, even against an inferior germany they couldn't win.
Before all the morocco hype, no one game them a chance of winning.

Belgium and Denmark were more expected IMO

prennddefrost 10 months ago
0 12

Spain's performance was indeed disappointing, and coaching decisions play a significant role in such situations. Having diverse strategies and tactics ready could have helped them unlock the match and avoid the "death by a thousand passes" scenario. It's crucial for coaches to adapt and make necessary changes during crucial moments.

Regarding Brazil, their attacking mentality sometimes left them vulnerable in defense. Finding a balance between attacking prowess and defensive stability is key in crucial moments of a tournament. Coaches should have considered adjusting formations and positioning to provide better coverage in space while still utilizing their strong counter-attacking abilities. It's all about making the right adjustments to maximize the team's chances of success.

EricGarcia 9 months ago Edited
0 3

I agreed with prennddefrost post. It's important to take into account your preferences for performance, sound.Therefore, if you need essay samples, don't hesitate to click here now for more info.Thanks to their in-depth reviews and expert advice, you'll be able to select the best writing universe provider for your academic demands.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

I agreed with prennddefrost post.

Frudrich 4 months ago
Chelsea, England 0 10

Prefabricated Brazil is the biggest failure. The team that should have won the tournament was eliminated at such an early stage