Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Big Six Free Talk
Emobot7 4 years ago
538 11432

So lets talk about the start of the PL for the big six.

Liverpool: Not much to say about them, stellar start to their season with only win out of their 3 first games. They will propably be under pressure to solidify their defense as they took already 4 goal but overall, considering the overall situation, they should be quite happy with their start of the season.

Arsenal: Good start to the season considering their fixture. 2 win and only a defeat to Liverpool yesterday. For me, Arsenal has done quite well and I'm looking foward how high Arteta will manage to take his side.

Chelsea: 1 win, 1 defeat to Liverpool and 1 draw to WBA might be a bit dissapointing for Chelsea but mostly because of their most recent game. Obviously, despite all the signing Chelsea did, its gonna take time for all the new player to adapt to their team and even the league. So personally, as long as they pick up the pace and work on fixing their defensive mixing sooner than later, then I'm not too worried about them. It will take a bit more time for me to forge an opinion on how they are starting their season.

Tottenham: 1 win, 1 defeat and 1 draw and to be honest, that draw really shouldn't have happened. I don't like saying this but I really think Spurs were robbed and that Mou is right to be sour. Otherwise, thing are not looking all to bright for Spurs imo. Their only win of the season was a great one but for that to happen, they had to be extremly lethal and sincerely, I don't think they will alway be. So yeah, out of all the big six, Spurs are the one I'm the most worried about.

The two Manchester: Propably shouldn't rate them in the same paragraph but they have a lot of similarity to me. They both shown that they have weakness in defense, they both have a win and a defeat and they still haven't played their third game as of now. Hard to judge with only two games but honestly, City look less consistent since they lost Kompany and also Silva. Meanwhile, as I discussed earlier with a friend, United tempo is one of their main issue.

All in all, it will be very interesting to see if Liverpool maintain their form and if the rest of the big six will manage to close up the gap in term of point and of consistency.

Share your thought, I'm really curious to know what you guys think about the current form of the big six teams in those early games of the season.

Comments
quikzyyy 4 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

imo Liverpool will dominate again, they were unreal yesterday specially first half.
City will spend some money this week for a cb, which will make them more competitive again, these 2 are going to fight for top2 again.
Leicester is going to get top4, they looked fantastic so far.
Arsenal, hmm, I think if we get Aouar (please Partey as well) we will get there as well.
Chelsea after spending quarter of a billion will need some time to adjust players, but since they benched their manager I think they will improve having a goalkeeper finally.
Everton looking amazing so far, James been fantatic so far.
Spurs, depends on Kane form, can't wait till Bale will hit PL again after injury, also they are still hunting for Skriniar, who would be amazing fit for them.
United performances so far were shambolic, buf if they get Telles, they will definitely improve their chances.

Emobot7 4 years ago
538 11432

Chelsea after spending quarter of a billion will need some time to adjust players, but since they benched their manager I think they will improve having a goalkeeper finally.

Oh god, Kepa never gonna live down that game against City, will he? XD

Good read by the way quikzyyy. You remind me City should be signing officially Ruben Dias from Benfica soon. This is a good transfer but i'm kinda worried he might not adapt immediatly to the premier league. Also, the amount Pep spend on defense since he arrived at City is ridiculous. Like, he will never

As for Manchester United, sadly, I doubt a single player will change everything for them, but it might help indeed.

quikzyyy 4 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

True, however they definitely need a left back, Telles might be joining soon if Woodward won't be Woodward. City also just confirmed Ruben Dias so we will see

Emobot7 4 years ago Edited
538 11432

Here how the big six are doing in the League Cup.

So, Chelsea is out of after losing to Tottenham in a 1-1 draw and a defeat in the penality shoot-out.

Both Manchester are on to the next round with convincing 3-0 wins against Premier League sides.

Next will be another game between Liverpool vs Arsenal.

Thought?

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

So, Chelsea is out of after losing to Tottenham in a 1-1 draw and a defeat in the penality shoot-out.

Both Manchester are on the next round with convincing 3-0 win againt Premier League Side.

Thought?

Both Manchester are on the next round with convincing 3-0 win against Premier League sides.

Thought?

quikzyyy 4 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

hopefully we will see youngsters in that game, I just wanna see Saka-Gabriel-Saliba-Cedric, but we're still probably gonna face VVD, Minamino-Jota-Shaqiri so, should be fun game. Actually SaKa, Nelson, Nketiah sounds better than likes of Auba & Pepe so we will see.

Marcus2011 4 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

Top 4 will be super tough. I do favor Liverpool to win the league again, but this year every team is practically has no home advantage, therefore every victory will be harder without fans.

I am not confident at all that Chelsea will finish in top 4, but it is 50 50 between every team except city and Liverpool.

My prediction :

1. Liverpool
  2. City
  3. Spurs / Leicester
  4. Arsenal / Chelsea
  5. United ( unless VAr again gives them sh*t load of points )

I am decided on those 4 teams because window is still not closed. At Chelsea we have awesome squad but still sh@t defense, so far with lampards tactics don’t convince me at all. He is not a tactician and you can see how when we loose he just sometimes doesn’t offer any alternative tactics.

i am confident of Spurs after getting Bale and strengthening defense, they will make 3rd or 4th. Especially with Jose in his second season always does well.

Arsenal looks amazing and in very good form. However arsenal usually starts strong in every season and fade away by winter.

Emobot7 4 years ago
538 11432

@quikzyyy Yeah, should be a good game, will be interesting to see Arsenal youngster vs Liverpool backup fowards. I find it really interesting how Liverpool ended up signing back up player for their foward instead of getting player from their academy, would be great if we could see the 3 of them play. Meanwhile, Arteta has been focused a lot on making the most out of the young team, especially on the attacking front. Will be great to see how they fare against each other with their different philosophy.

@spurs Yes, Tottenham might very surprise us and so could Jose. Personally, I'm not expecting much but its true Bale could make a big difference if he find his best form. We'll see.

Think you might be a bit harsh on United though. Its true they got a lot of very important decision going their way last season but tbh, they also got a very solid team that will only better their co-operation with the passing times. If they have any notable weakpoint, it would be Ole, he created a good atmosphere but I'm not alway convinced by the strategy he bring in certain game. Also, Lindelof can be a liability at time. :P

quikzyyy 4 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

I'd swap Chelsea with Tottenham, they are definitely in much better position after getting a goalkeeper, however not it seems like Torreira to Atletico is done while Aouar or Partey are nowhere, with this midfield of Xhaka we ain't getting to Europe

Emobot7 4 years ago
538 11432

Damn, Manchester City losing a lot of point in that title race already. Feel like its gonna be similar to last year if this keep up. :U