Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Big brother vs little brother
_Pelle_ 5 years ago
Paris Saint-Germain 156 6884

Was curious about this...

Tottenham has under Pochettino evolved into a team that quite easily qualifies for UCL (compared to earlier seasons and decades) and put real pressure on title contenders... while teams like Man Utd and their fierce rivals Arsenal struggle to even make it to UCL.

So let’s say that Tottenham wins the UCL final... they will then have achieved what Arsenal never has. And with a new impressive arena I was wondering...

Would Tottenham from now on be considered as the big brother (if they win UCL) and Arsenal little brother in this rivalry??

Comments
iHEARTfootball 5 years ago
Manchester United 38 1000

Nope. Let's still take history into consideration here..

Historically speaking, Arsenal have won more titles than Spurs. Yes, they are currently in a dip (understandably so under a new manager) but finishing 5th, while still being in the Europa league is still an impressive feat. Spurs, on the other hand, are finally starting to see desirable results after years and years of investing, but this is not to say that they will continue on like this. Titles speak volumes, not finishing in the top 4 every season, trophyless. The leaders of London is still between Chelsea and Arsenal, but Spurs are catching up very quickly.

Ledley 5 years ago
Celtic, Australia 46 1310

Ask Quikzyy this one.

Historically adding to IHeart, it was Tottenham who used to play attractive football of the 50s and 60s - though winning less titles. When Arsenal won the bulk of their First Divison titles (before Wenger era), they were called Boring Boring Arsenal. (Hoofing the ball basically). Wenger came and changed this (3 titles, but as you saw, they need nitty gritty as well to win - latter years)

Arsenal have always had the saying that Spurs have been in 0 European Cup finals, now 1 a piece regardless of result.

Say if Tottenham win, they would be able to put a star on their shirt. HUGE.

Would like to hear what Quikzy has to say on this ~

Marcus2011 5 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

Brothers shouldn’t be in the same sentence when there is arsenal and Tottenham involved. They hate each other more than us, Chelsea hate them lol

As far as balance of powers, CL title won’t change a thing because domestic titles is what matters the most when fans brag. Arsenal still looks down on us because we are fresh domestic title winners. Same as United looks down at City even if City would have won CL.

tiki_taka 5 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

If Spurs win it, Arsenal fans will be in shambles :) if reds win it I think it will be United fans...

tuan_jinn 5 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

History still play a role here.

I would consider Spur as big bro though. :D :D 0 spent and look at them....

Now thats something special in this time.

amir_keal 5 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

Let's not think about this. It took me like 3 days to recover from that Ajax Spurs game. Spurs and CL cannot go together.

_Pelle_ 5 years ago
Paris Saint-Germain 156 6884

So every Arsenal fan will be supporting Liverpool lol ;)

Tuanis 5 years ago
Manchester United, England 86 2310

I would love for the European Supercup to be a London Derby, would be amazing.

I always think of Derbys as brothers fighting each other, there's always the big brother and the younger one. A Champions League tittle will sure even the balance a bit but Arsenal is one of the most historic clubs in England so it would take a bit more than that for Tottenham to come on top.

I might be wrong but I think it an Arsenal fan would be much more bothered by Tottenham winning the CL than for a United fan having Liverpool win it. The fact that Tottenham could achieve something Arsenal dreams about but has never done before could be a determining factor in this fierce rivalry towards the upcoming fixture.

amir_keal 5 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

Pelle

I would happily do another year of Thursday nights for them to not win the CL trophy. I think I will be even sadder than a Liverpool fan if Liverpool don't win the CL.

Ledley 5 years ago
Celtic, Australia 46 1310

If Spurs win it, Arsenal fans will be in shambles :) if reds win it I think it will be United fans...

Perhaps but there is a winner out of all of this. And that winner is Don Robbie.