Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

'Better deal' - Arsenal fans agree over Ben White as Man United close to Raphael Varane transfer
UnitedofManchester 3 years ago
Manchester United, England 15 84

The Gunners and the Seagulls recently agreed a £50million fee for White, and the England international is set to undergo his medical in north London tomorrow.

Plenty has been said about White's price being too expensive after just one season in the Premier League and with Varane seemingly moving to Manchester for around £15m less (excluding add-ons), inevitable comparisons have been made.

Some United supporters believe their imminent signing of Varane is the better deal, but it's safe to say a selection of Arsenal fans disagree.

enter image description here

Comments
SunFlash 3 years ago
USA 19 3260

The day we use Twitter for usable information is the day I jump off a bridge

quikzyyy 3 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

The day we use Twitter for usable information is the day I jump off a bridge

Haha exactly, Twitter is literally cancer with all the reactions

Marcus2011 3 years ago Edited
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

enter image description here

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Ben White. Ben White. Ben White. Ben White. Ben White. Ben White. Ben White. Ben White.
Ben White. Ben White. Ben Whit. Ben White. Ben White. Ben White.
Ben White. Ben White. Ben White. Ben White. Ben White. Ben White.
Ben White.Ben White. Ben White. Ben White. Ben White. Ben White. Ben White. Ben White.
Ben White. Ben White. Ben White. Ben White. Ben White. Ben White. Ben White.Ben White.

amir_keal 3 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

They’re all clowns.

Emobot7 3 years ago
538 11432

I actually expect better things from White when compared to Varane... for the early week of their first season at their new club that is. Varane will need to adapt but once he does, I expect him and Maguire to be one of the most solid pair in prem. White only advantage is that he immediatly already has some experience in the PL.

quikzyyy 3 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

I'm actually bit jealous about Varane, can't judge White as I never seen this guy play and have absolutely no clue other than the fact that Bielsa wanted to keep him.

SunFlash 3 years ago
USA 19 3260

Tbh it's a weird comparison. The Premier League usually creates its own top-tier center halves, the league rarely imports them. It's not necessarily for a lack of trying, more that world class CB's are just never available. I cannot really think of another time in the Premier League where a club nicked one.

Ben White is a more interesting case. I remember following Harry Kane's first season at Spurs and there was big talk that United or Chelsea were going to sign him, and I was very strongly against it. A guy who had done a few loans and had one good prem season for big money? But the reality is Kane developed into one of the best strikers in the world and now City are probably going to sign him for like 120m or more.

The way I see it is that if you want English-born young talent you've got to overpay for it. Sometimes it works (e.g. Sterling). Sometimes it takes a few years (e.g. Shaw). Sometimes you become a laughing stock (e.g. Carrol). But no matter what the outcome, it doesn't come cheap.

United_Hates_Blues 3 years ago
Manchester United, England 14 985

160mill is too much for an injury prone striker, but when Kane comes back at any point in the season he's definitely a big add to the squad.

quikzyyy 3 years ago Edited
Arsenal 429 9002

there's nothing like too much for City.

• History

not for City.

uncle_touchy 3 years ago
Manchester United, England 3 123

@quikzyyy you're right even breaking ffp.😄😄

quikzyyy 3 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

well, 110 million is supposed to be accepted for Grealish, that's insane amount, the english tax is joke.

damiover 9 months ago Edited
Wormatia Worms, New Zealand 0 2

You spoke of your memories of Harry Kane's early days at Tottenham Hotspur and the discussions surrounding his recruitment by Manchester United or Chelsea. At the time, you were skeptical about the idea of a high-priced transfer for a player who had shown little promise during his loan spells and had only had one outstanding season in the Premier League. However, as history has shown, Harry Kane defied the odds to become one of the world's finest strikers. His consistent ability to score goals, his work ethic and his overall footballing talent have made him a player much sought-after by the big clubs. From my research, I was also able to understand that he did a lot of loan work, which is why I also started by drawing on the fitmymoney.com/200-dollar-loan/ resource. I also love soccer and I'm thinking of making a career in it, which is why I want to draw inspiration from his career path. Harry Kane's case highlights the uncertainty and unpredictability of soccer, where young talents can surprise everyone with their progress and become world-class players. It also serves as a reminder that judging a player's potential solely on the basis of his early performances is not always accurate.

• History

You spoke of your memories of Harry Kane's early days at Tottenham Hotspur and the discussions surrounding his recruitment by Manchester United or Chelsea. At the time, you were skeptical about the idea of a high-priced transfer for a player who had shown little promise during his loan spells and had only had one outstanding season in the Premier League. However, as history has shown, Harry Kane defied the odds to become one of the world's finest strikers. His consistent ability to score goals, his work ethic and his overall footballing talent have made him a player much sought-after by the big clubs. From my research, I was also able to understand that he did a lot of loan work, which is why I also started by drawing on the https:yitmymoney.com/200-dollar-loan/ resource. I also love soccer and I'm thinking of making a career in it, which is why I want to draw inspiration from his career path. Harry Kane's case highlights the uncertainty and unpredictability of soccer, where young talents can surprise everyone with their progress and become world-class players. It also serves as a reminder that judging a player's potential solely on the basis of his early performances is not always accurate.